Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

6'2" with a 34" inseam . . . I have the RT LTD with the OEM floorboards and the stock seat . . . I added the NBV highway pegs which made all the difference. I can ride all day with no comfort problems.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default 6'4"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmur View Post
    6'3" here. Ultimate tall boy seat & highway pegs puts me on the road all day in total comfort. Rode 14 hours with no discomfort, could have gone longer. Came off Ultra and never looked back. You are right about a grand extra, but well worth every penny. You will not be disappointed.
    I purchased same -- can now ride for hours -- 2012 RTS

Spyder Garage

I reiterate that I've never found a set of highway pegs for the RT that I liked, but I'm not stuck with the expensive BRP boards on my '14 either, which I disliked as much as the "upmarket" fenders....

My solution:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I reiterate that I've never found a set of highway pegs for the RT that I liked, but I'm not stuck with the expensive BRP boards on my '14 either, which I disliked as much as the "upmarket" fenders....

My solution:
    Where did you get those????

Spyder Garage

Default Looks Like your set

Looks like your set man. I'm not a tall guy like you (5'10" ) but I'm a previous HD owner and I had to share this with you, I'm so happy with my machine and I really like to see you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. I'd been in the market for a new bike for maybe a year and had my eye on a 1yr old FatBoy here in Slidell, Louisiana. Just before deciding to buy the FatBoy, I had also contacted the local Can-Am dealer via E-mail for quotes on the Spyders. I thought they were cool looking but that's all I really knew about them. I really was already sold on the FatBoy I thought. I didn't know the available engine size's on the Can-Am, options or as I mentioned cost, it was a sudden and last minute thought to just get a quote because I was curious. While at the HD dealership getting ready to Pony up the $ for my FatBoy guess who calls, the Can-Am dealer. He was about 10miles away from the HD dealer and tells me this on the phone. "Just come ride it before you buy the FatBoy, I promise you'll love it". So I did and that day I owned and brand new Spyder ST. I've been from New Orleans to Colorado to Washington and back again all on my Spyder and man I have to tell ya, it's a great machine. There's many things in life that let you down or just don't live up to the expectations as they are advertised. Not this machine. It's fast, comfortable, awesome looking, dependable and a pleasure to ride. Get your mod's done to fit you and you'll be very satisfied.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If you get the seat that scoots you back 2 inches, does the back rest still work?

Spyder Garage

heres the floorboards you wanted to know about that dragonslare had pictured on his bike i also had some on my 2010 rs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 6'9" 320lb

I might be the biggest here.
    My wife and I rode our 2011 RT on a 7000 mile run from New England out to New Mexico and back. At the end of the run we concluded it was too samll for us, that we need a seat that is about 3" longer. I spent a lot of time pushing back and kinda squashing my wife.
    We sold it.
    Skip forward to 2014 - we missed it, missed 3 wheelin' and the stability, decided that the true function of the CanAm was riding 1-2 hours here and there, local rides, stop for ice cream, that kind of thing so we bought a 2014 RT Limited in white- awesome. We concluded that it was never going to be our cross country mount, but I wanted to ride to/in Alaska. SO, despite my thinking that a bike should NEVER go in a trailer I changed my mind and we bought a real nice enclosed trailer to tow behind my F-350 crew cab with a truck camper on it. Now I can carry all the junk I ever wanted to and more, also the CanAm and even my Victory Cross Country Tour.
    Were gonna go from here in MA back to Alaska and set the camper rig up here and there, then ride all around on the CanAm and hour or two here and there.

What can I say- it's really hard to fit on a bike when you are very tall. I have the seat that moves me back two inches and I have the adjustable handlebars. It's pretty darn good and a pleasure to drive, just not for a real long day.