Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Ouch.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JCSMOKE View Post
    You know your not doing it right if you don't have extra parts when you are done, plus you get better gas milage due to the reduced weight.
    That only applies to Chevys!

Spyder Garage

Well I am not trying to brag but I have never had any parts left over unless the kit from BRP came with new replacement screws.....

But I will say that I bet most the folks that have left over panel screws, check behind your mirror! Even my dealer forgot one on each side under there.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Drove about 60 miles today with the new tire. I'd almost swear the bike rides smoother, but sure don't think a tire change would be that noticeable. Could that really be the case or am I just imagining things?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mine was the same way, I think it rides better
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    That only applies to Chevys!

Chevys must get better gas mileage all the time then since parts constantly fall off of them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    I've got a good start! I have 2 body panel type screws left over from installing the Tri-axis handlebars yesterday!
    Figured out where the screws belonged. Bottom two tabs for the center piece around the headlights! I took a bunch of the tupperware off so the service tech doesn't have to figure out where all the wires to and from the console go for my mods. He has to remove it to change the DPS module tomorrow.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Forgot to mention no washers under my caliper bolts when I did my tire....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Tire change

I just changed out my rear tire on my 2014 RT.I jacked it up walked the belt off replaced tire put axel back in wheel.Walked belt back on never touched belt adjusters or rear shock.Everything lined up and runs perfect.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by skeetshooter View Post
    I just changed out my rear tire on my 2014 RT.I jacked it up walked the belt off replaced tire put axel back in wheel.Walked belt back on never touched belt adjusters or rear shock.Everything lined up and runs perfect.
    I don't know why I didn't try "walking" the belt back on. Maybe would have worked. Oh well, if I'm fortunate, in more ways than one, I will never have to change the rear tire again! By the time it wears out hopefully I'll be able to trade for a '14 or '15 RT!

2014 Copper RTS

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Too old and crippled now those days are gone for me, but I can still change my own oil for now.

Spyder Garage

Default Mine also in front

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I was at the dealer to get a rear shock replaced today. While there I asked about the shim. The 2 mechanics agreed they had only seen 2 so far with a shim and both where between the caliper and the bracket, front bolt.
    I also have a washer shim on the front bolt between caliper and bracket. It was "glued" with yellow locktite. We still can see the mark on the braket.

Richard ST 2013

Spyder Garage

Default Washer

Front bolt, between caliper and mount.
    We got a time of 36 minutes to pull the rear wheel and throw it in the car. 21 to reinstall. We did 3 in a week. We get lots of practice!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system