Thread: New Ulm Ride

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default New Ulm Ride

Are you ready to ride?!!!

Well get those bags packed, gas up the Spyders, and meet us in Glencoe, MN at the Super 8 Saturday (30th). We will gather together that evening for supper (place yet to be determined) about 6:30ish...how's that for being decisive....Then in the morning we will pack up and follow Les Caswell through the countryside down to New Ulm. Once there we will check into the Microtel and then head over the Schell Brewery for a tour! We are scheduled for a 5pm tour which is after hours, so we'll get there in plenty of time to check out the gift shop! Monday morning we'll wind our way home and as we near you part of the country we'll bid you a fond farewell!

Hope the weather and highway gods will be smiling on us...don't forget that raingear! and patience with road closures...tis the season!

See you in Glencoe!!!
    Paula
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Butch2025&Paula View Post
    Are you ready to ride?!!!

Well get those bags packed, gas up the Spyders, and meet us in Glencoe, MN at the Super 8 Saturday (30th). We will gather together that evening for supper (place yet to be determined) about 6:30ish...how's that for being decisive....Then in the morning we will pack up and follow Les Caswell through the countryside down to New Ulm. Once there we will check into the Microtel and then head over the Schell Brewery for a tour! We are scheduled for a 5pm tour which is after hours, so we'll get there in plenty of time to check out the gift shop! Monday morning we'll wind our way home and as we near you part of the country we'll bid you a fond farewell!

Hope the weather and highway gods will be smiling on us...don't forget that raingear! and patience with road closures...tis the season!

See you in Glencoe!!!
    Paula
    We are not meeting in Mora first??
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Well..!!

have a great trip..sounds great...send some snapshots. Be safe and enjoy..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Are you folks going to find some polka music Saturday night?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I'm heading to Mora first, Paula is also. I think Glen & Di are going there first too. Not sure who else.
    Since we are heading South to Glencoe, New Ulm,Onalaska etc.
    A lot live South and are meeting there, instead of riding North to Mora, to just turn around and head back South.
    I myself want to spend the day (Saturday) riding.

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Will meet up with you on Sunday morning at Glencoe

Teresa and I will meet up with the MN Spyderlovers group on Sunday morning before you leave Glencoe to go to New Ulm. We have a ride north on Saturday with another group - heading to Hayward, WI area.

Look forward to seeing everyone!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fireplug98 View Post
    I'm heading to Mora first, Paula is also. I think Glen & Di are going there first too. Not sure who else.
    A lot live South and are meeting there, instead of riding North to Mora, to just turn around and head back South.

Tommy J.
    Good to know! We also want to spend the day riding and since we only live about 20 miles from Glencoe we would of had to do the ride at 5 mph to make it a day ride.
    See you in Mora

Les & Kathy

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

No...the plan for these overnighters is to meet at the first motel (Glencoe, Super 8) and have supper together that night. Most because the Caswell's are working that day and will come down after work.

Sorry Jim...I just Tommy's post now...didn't realize we were riding to Mora...that was never in the original plan if everyone would refer to the first post that included all the motel info...of course being on your own to get to Glencoe means you get to take whatever route to get there that you want. Les will lead the rides from that point...it looks like Tommy wants to head up there first...geez it feels like I'm planning a ride with Butch after all...we don't always communicate about routes well either!
    Last edited by Paula(Butch2025); 08-29-2014 at 08:39 AM.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fireplug98 View Post

Tommy J.
    You goof!!!!

I meant the "north to go south" thing about you coming up to North Branch....I didn't know you were really talking about going up to Mora too! And by the way...we are not riding to Onalaska...that was last year, Mr. Tommy!!!!

Spyder Garage

No...the plan for these overnighters is to meet at the first motel (Glencoe, Super 8) and have supper together that night. Most because the Caswell's are working that day and will come down after work.

Sorry Jim...I just Tommy's post now...didn't realize we were riding to Mora...that was never in the original plan if everyone would refer to the first post that included all the motel info...of course being on your own to get to Glencoe means you get to take whatever route to get there that you want. Les will lead the rides from that point...it looks like Tommy wants to head up there first...geez it feels like I'm planning a ride with Butch after all...we don't always communicate about routes well either!
    Hi Paula,

Ok Kathy and I will do our own thing that day. What time should we meet up with the group in Glencoe? I assume at the super 8 parking lot before heading out to supper. We will not stay the night as it is only 30 min from home, but will meet up with the group on Sunday to ride to New Ulm.

Les

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

geez it feels like I'm planning a ride with Butch after all...we don't always communicate about routes well either!

You goof!!!!

I meant the "north to go south" thing about you coming up to North Branch....I didn't know you were really talking about going up to Mora too! And by the way...we are not riding to Onalaska...that was last year, Mr. Tommy!!!!

Try to be a nice guy and whaada you get !! Slapped down !!!

Last edited by fireplug98; 08-29-2014 at 11:06 AM.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Paula,

Ok Kathy and I will do our own thing that day. What time should we meet up with the group in Glencoe? I assume at the super 8 parking lot before heading out to supper. We will not stay the night as it is only 30 min from home, but will meet up with the group on Sunday to ride to New Ulm.

Les
    Les, Can you give me your phone number? You can message me or you can just message Tommy (he's the one that wants to contact you) I don't have you on my Caswell Riders Phone List so I would still like to have it and an email address for you two.

Spyder Garage

Les, Can you give me your phone number? You can message me or you can just message Tommy (he's the one that wants to contact you) I don't have you on my Caswell Riders Phone List so I would still like to have it and an email address for you two.
    Paula,

PM sent.

Les

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default New Ulm Ride

Hi all We cannot get away for the whole weekend but may be able to get out on Sunday. Do you have any idea what time you will be leaving the motel on Sunday?We are thinking we might be able to meet the group and ride to New Ulm with you.We would not be spending the night in New Ulm and would have to leave before the brewery tour to be back home by dark. Looking forward to meeting you all. Thanks Jeff,Laurie

Spyder Garage

Default 10 am Sunday they leave from Glencoe is my understanding -- should get there earlier

Quote Originally Posted by littledeer View Post
    Hi all We cannot get away for the whole weekend but may be able to get out on Sunday. Do you have any idea what time you will be leaving the motel on Sunday?We are thinking we might be able to meet the group and ride to New Ulm with you.We would not be spending the night in New Ulm and would have to leave before the brewery tour to be back home by dark. Looking forward to meeting you all. Thanks Jeff,Laurie
    Hi Jeff,

Here's what Paula sent me on a PM ....
    " if are just planning on meeting us on Sunday morning in Glencoe, we aren't going to be leaving until around 10am from the motel after we have eaten breakfast there and packed up our spyders.
    Looking forward to this weekend and seeing you all too.
    --Paula "

Teresa and I are planning on being there (Super 8 at Glencoe) Sunday morning around 9:30 am or so....it will be good to meet you.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 08-29-2014 at 08:39 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default New Ulm

I, too, will be joining the group Sunday morning.
    As I told some of you, I am attending a wedding Saturday, with Reception that evening. So can't make it to Glencoe that night. But my plans for the rest of the weekend have opened up. I've made my reservation at Microtel in New Ulm.
    Looking forward to ryding with everyone and attending the brewery tour!

Out with the old - Blue 2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    In with the new - Black/Silver 2015 RTS SE6
    Special Series
    Blue 2012 RT622 Trailer - now vinyl wrapped as Black/Silver

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedDBA View Post
    I, too, will be joining the group Sunday morning.
    As I told some of you, I am attending a wedding Saturday, with Reception that evening. So can't make it to Glencoe that night. But my plans for the rest of the weekend have opened up. I've made my reservation at Microtel in New Ulm.
    Looking forward to ryding with everyone and attending the brewery tour!
    Great! Meet us at the Super 8 in Glencoe on Sunday morning, we are leaving at 10am.

Spyder Garage

Default Early Sat. Ride?

Any one want to hook up and ride earlier Saturday? could meet on the south side of mpls

some neet roads down to mankato and surrounding mankato. Then back north to glencoe.

Gary 507-381-1097 cell

All I want to do is ride!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have a great weekend!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Have a great weekend!
    Thanks Ann...I'm going on this trip solo...Butch wrecked his back and it's finally starting to improve so he doesn't want to mess it up with a whole weekend of riding. You and Joe have a great weekend too!