Thread: "Egoista"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default "Egoista"

They just keep getting more stealth looking...

This is what 600bhp worth of selfishness and celebration wrapped up in aluminium, carbon fibre and anti-radar material looks like. Welcome everyone, to Lamborghini, and the new Egoista concept car. Wipe down the windows on your way in, please.

It is the offspring of VW Group design chief Walter De Silva, built especially for Lamborghini’s 50th anniversary and unveiled on the final day of the awe-inspiring Grande Giro tour through Italy (which you can follow up on TopGear.com shortly). Put simply, it is a car made purely for ego. Says De Silva: “It represents hedonism taken to the extreme. It is a car without compromises.”

Quite. Underneath sits a very modified version of the 5.2-litre V10 from the Gallardo, here tweaked to produce 600bhp, sitting underneath a simply bonkers exterior styled using inspiration from an Apache helicopter. The cockpit can even be ejected in an emergency, if you so wish. Typical Lamborghini, then.

De Silva and his design team wanted Lamborghini’s famous icon to shine through the design, so the side flanks are there to represent a ‘bull preparing to charge, horns lowered’. There’s no aero on top, but flaps in the bodywork that flip open or closed automatically depending on driving conditions. There are two at the back to increase stability, and a series of intakes on the back of the engine hood to increase cooling for the V10.

There are LED clearance lights at the front in place of traditional headlights, ‘bull’s eyes’ orange side indicators, red rear lights and two more lights on the roof, with two ‘eagle eyes’ hidden in the front intakes; these are used to ‘scan the darkness for great distances’. Any intelligent aliens roaming our galaxy may mistake this Egoista in the dark as one of their own.

As mentioned, that body is made up of carbon fibre and aluminium, using aeronautical-spec antiradar material, and anti-glare glass too. Inside, there’s just a single racing seat with a four-point seatbelt, and a head-up display and steering wheel formed after longingly looking at pictures of jet fighters. And the entrance too is similarly Top Gun: there isn’t a door, but a domed roof that flips open, meaning the driver must stand up in his or her seat, swivel their legs over and literally jump out. Maverick? You had better hope so.

“It’s as if Ferruccio Lamborghini were saying, ‘I’m going to put the engine in the back, I don’t want a passenger, I want it for myself’” says De Silva about his creation. Have a click through the pics and let us know what you think. First the Veneno, and now this…
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/lam...how-2013-03-04

Chas
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

WOW I guess the old saying goes for this. "If you have to ask how much it costs you can't afford it"
    Last edited by Magdave; 08-27-2014 at 11:04 AM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Me neither...

No idea, nor do I dare inquire... ;-)

But "Step Here" ;-)

Chas
    Last edited by ChasCS; 08-27-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well above my price range unless I get a much better SS check and Army retirement check than I'm expecting

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't care how much it costs, because I'd not buy it. But it's interesting to look at, kinda like art.

I think it's appropriately named.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I don't care how much it costs, because I'd not buy it. But it's interesting to look at, kinda like art.

I think it's appropriately named.
    anything I would have to jump out of is off my list.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Speaking of cost?

When you associate with these high rollers, even the cost of your precious fuel, goes way up...

Surely that isn't in Dollars!!?

Chas

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChasCS View Post
    When you associate with these high rollers, even the cost of your precious fuel, goes way up...

Surely that isn't in Dollars!!?

Chas
    That's the symbol for Euros, making it $166.

Converting litres to gallons, it's 19 1/4, making it $8.62/gal, which is about right for Italy.
    Last edited by wyliec; 08-27-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Even then...

Still a lot of money to pour down into the gas tank.

Ah, but by then, who's counting?

Must be swell... ;-)

Chas

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oddly enough; I've got to say that it's not going to make my "gottahavethisonerightnow!" list...
    It's just not tickling me in the proper places.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have a vehicle that is unique and different from others types on the market. A Spyder RT!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mee too!

Or does that "upset the applecart", for both of us?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

what are the red and green lights for? Port and Starboard?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Grinning broadly, it's safety

So, evidently you don't fly? Hahaha

You know, above ten feet... ;-)

We see all planes, helicopters and other flying craft have that color differentiation, it's illegal flying without them.
    Red light is on the left side and green light is on the right side. White light is in the rear. They are anti collision lights at night.

A craft would have to be flying very low, to crash into that awesome car. Think saucer shape.

Let's hope it becomes a reality someday.

(maybe it has a secret ability, to get out of traffic...)

Chas