Thread: New Rider

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New Rider

Hi all, My wife and I finally made the switch from 2 wheels to 3. We have a 2013 rts. I now have 2000 miles on it. After reading all the depressing posts about the 2013s I can say that we haven't had any problems yet . I kinda wish the dealer would have told us about some of the problems with the 2013s I may have purchased a 2014. Trading it now is not an option without a very big loss. We really enjoy riding it so I think we will try to do what we have to, to make it the best it can be.$$$.Haven't seen many riders in NH yet, looking forward to meeting a few.

Spyder Garage

Welcome and enjoy your Spyder. We have a pair of 13 RTS and while not perfect, we have gotten LOTS of enjoyment out of them. We do what we can to improve on them and still hope BRP has some improvements in store for the 13s. We do have to remind ourselves that our pair of 13s cost nearly $25k less than a pair of 2014s.....makes some of the nagging troubles more bearable.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!! Welcome..!!

congrats on your new ryde. Please do not base your roadster on what you read here. There are a mirad of 2013's out there with no problems and the later ones have been fine. If you ryde waiting for bad things to happen they will. You have already seen that it has treated you well and you should trust it to continue to do so. I ryde with many and have not seen any problems. Relax and enjoy the ryding...welcome to the roadster world and this site...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Enjoy your new 2013. If you have not had any of the issues--you probably got a good one. Don't let buyers remorse kick in. You were happy enough to make the deal--so enjoy your purchase.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

pm sent!