Thread: my radar app

Spyder Garage

Default my radar app

Here is an app I found for android to track storms, as you ryde. It follows your location quickly and accurately. Has anyone tried this or other apps? It is called my radar.
    Ryde as if your life depends on it,
    because it does !! Ryde Safe!
    Vietnam 67-69

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Been using My Radar for several years... It's good...

Spyder Garage

I like weatherbug because it has a lightning strike notification. It warns you when there's lightning and you can look at a map to see how close and where it's occurring.
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

WeatherBug is a very good, reliable app. I can also recommend eRadar HD and RadarScope.

Spyder Garage

I use Weather Bug - we rarely have storms to worry about up here, and when we do, it's usually in the non-ryding season.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

I use My Radar Pro on my iPhone and it's one of the most used apps I have. Love it

Spyder Garage

I use "Radar Now!" on my Android . . . haven't been caught without my rain gear since I installed it. Now, if only some app designer could develop a "Rain, rain, go away!" app, we'd be gold!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Awesome thanks, downloading MyRadar to my Droid4 right now as I type this.

Living in south FL...we get a lot of storms. This time of year it's almost daily...and generally between 2PM and 8PM in the afternoons/evening.

Since I got the spyder...I've found myself checking the active radar on weather.com way more than I ever have before lol.

Ok so I just downloaded the app and watching it work right now. It is giving me a 50 minute window of what has happened over the last 50 minutes up until present.

Does it have any capability to show the next 50 minutes (future) of what is projected to come?

Weather.com's weather in motion radar map shows a projection of what's to come up to 2 hours into the future.
    2012 Neutron Green RSS SE5 | Two Brothers Dual Carbon Fiber exhaust | BRP Xenon HID kit! | CalSci Tinted Shorty windshield| Throttlemeister CC | Baja Ron sway bar | TricLED halo ground effects kit | Sena SMH10's |

The wifey on Tessa the day we brought her home!

Spyder Garage

I've been using MyRadar on my iPhone for some time. From a radar and temp perspective it is very accurate. I've got mine configured on my bike to show in landscape mode. I haven't upgraded to Pro as I don't mind the ads on the very bottom of the screen. It's also very helpful to be able to play with the layers that are shown on screen. I believe if you upgrade to Pro you also get alerts, but I haven't done that yet.

I've got it set up so that I activate Siri and can open or switch apps using my headset in my helmet. So, having it on my phone makes it extremely convenient! I'm sure Android has something similar as well. Best advice, which is what I did, is to download a few that are recommended and try them out and see what resonates with you!

I'll be using it again on my ride from TX to NY in a few weeks... so we'll see if my review changes and I ended up all wet!!

Jon
    SmoothSpyder Backrest | Removed 'CanAm' graphics | ThermoTech II Wrapped Exhaust | 2014 Vented Side Panels | BajaRon Sway Bar | BajaRon Heim Links | Bump Skid (via SpyderQuest & SpyderPops) | Rivco drink bracket, reversed, with X-Grip for phone holder | BRP Ultra Touring Windshield | Givi Hard Saddlebags | Russell Day-Long Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Very nice..!!

app don't have it and can usually see our storms coming and just go in another direction. But the groups I ryde with have it and does help planning routes..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StealthSpyder View Post
    Awesome thanks, downloading MyRadar to my Droid4 right now as I type this.

Living in south FL...we get a lot of storms. This time of year it's almost daily...and generally between 2PM and 8PM in the afternoons/evening.

Since I got the spyder...I've found myself checking the active radar on weather.com way more than I ever have before lol.

Ok so I just downloaded the app and watching it work right now. It is giving me a 50 minute window of what has happened over the last 50 minutes up until present.

Does it have any capability to show the next 50 minutes (future) of what is projected to come?

Weather.com's weather in motion radar map shows a projection of what's to come up to 2 hours into the future.
    I don't think it has that capability , however you can pan out and see the movement of the storms. Storms move quick in Florida don't they. 😂
    Ryde as if your life depends on it,
    because it does !! Ryde Safe!
    Vietnam 67-69

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
    Here is an app I found for android to track storms, as you ryde. It follows your location quickly and accurately. Has anyone tried this or other apps? It is called my radar.
    I use it for pre-flight planning, and it's come in handy for road trips.

Ed