Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Another Happy Bajaron Sway Bar Convert

Well, first off I want to thank Ron for being great to deal with during the purchase of my sway bar. Delivery time is great. Ron answered my questions quickly and went out of his way to facilitate the transaction as I don't use paypal.

I confess to being a little sceptical about what improvements I might realize. All of the positive reports finally won me over and I decided to take the plunge. I received the bar on Thursday and installed it on Friday. It really does need the best part of 22" of clearance from the bar channel to the floor to get the bars in and out. I had a little difficulty at first seeing what I was looking for after the outer panels were off and then it twigged and everything came together. I was very careful with the raising and lowering and for me that was the scary part.

Today I went out for a solo ride and more often my wife is with me so my observations are while riding solo. Prior to installing the sway bar I always found the Spyder felt a little different solo vs two up. I will be interested to see how it feels two up.

There really is a difference with Ron's sway bar and the reports that I had been reading are pretty darn accurate. The first thing I noticed was that there is less roll or wallow in the turns than before. That translates into a feeling of stability beyond what was felt before. I quickly noticed that the resultant feeling of increased stability quickly developed into going into corners with an added sense of confidence and some added speed. I also think that as I get more used to riding with the new sway bar, the more I will appreciate it.

I previously had Anne and Joe of Squared Away do an alignment and was very happy with the result. They like Ron, are quality dealers and I'm yet another voice saying "get these upgrades done". I have to say that I was happy with my 2014 RTS before these changes but I'm very happy with the improvements and I'm very happy I over came my scepticism.
    Now, what would Elka's do??

Cheers, Gary
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

Default Yet another..!!

glad you made the change. It is impressive and very effective. Now go out and enjoy the ryde both solo and double..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Doing mine Monday... Can't wait!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We knew that you'l like it!

Zam... A full report is due on our desks on Tuesday!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I think the easiest way to sum up the difference, in a nutshell, is this... After installing the BajaRon sway bar, you don't have to lean your body as much in normal riding, except in the tightest curves. And you can comfortably take curves at a higher speed than you could before.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    I think the easiest way to sum up the difference, in a nutshell, is this... After installing the BajaRon sway bar, you don't have to lean your body as much in normal riding, except in the tightest curves. And you can comfortably take curves at a higher speed than you could before.
    Well, that'll be a massive help as I ride the twisties hard and right now I'm basically standing at the road side I'm that far out! LOL!