Spyder Garage

Default Adjustable Foot pegs for the F3? Check out the two links

Sure looks like the foot pegs have to be adjustable….the two pics I see below show different knee angles for these two riders….It looks like the male F3 rider on the black "official" pic has a knee bend around 135 degrees…the young lady knee bend (taken from a Cycleworld article) is slightly above 90 degrees….I would think they are about the same height….both around 5'6"-5'8"…..perhaps it's because the Cycleworld pic is not official and this may have been a prototype being tested before final foot peg position was established….JMHO

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/08/19...ed-and-styled/

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...n-Am-Spyder-F3!
    The CLIP below says it all:
    ENJOY and travel safe my friends.

Spyder Garage

And I am now glad that I waited before trading my 11 RTS for the 14 RS-S . I wanna be the first kid on my block with on of these, if all pans out. Time will tell.

Spyder Garage

I think the foot peg locations on both photos are the same. But the way the pegs are attached to brackets off the lower tube frame would sure make adjustable position easy for the aftermarket if they are not adjustable. Trouble will be brake pedal.

Its also obvious now that the photo in the cycle world pic is a v-twin, not an inline triple. Also the cat is carried forward from previous models, just as large and in the same space under the fuel tank. Now exposed to the rider's ankle.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I think the foot peg locations on both photos are the same. But the way the pegs are attached to brackets off the lower tube frame would sure make adjustable position easy for the aftermarket if they are not adjustable. Trouble will be brake pedal.

Its also obvious now that the photo in the cycle world pic is a v-twin, not an inline triple. Also the cat is carried forward from previous models, just as large and in the same space under the fuel tank. Now exposed to the rider's ankle.
    Nah both engines are the same as well as the foot peg position. Blow them up and you can tell. One looks like a LTD model the other a RTS (with and without chrome).
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DLewis View Post
    And I am now glad that I waited before trading my 11 RTS for the 14 RS-S . I wanna be the first kid on my block with on of these, if all pans out. Time will tell.
    The early warning photos have helped out a few people that were going to jump on a RS or RSS. Now you have a third choice to consider and test out.

The test ryde will be the proof of the pudding. Based on looks alone, I would want a F3.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Curious..!!

if they are adjustable and they have both sm/se models how is the brake and shifter moved to match up with the pegs..?? I'm guessing no floorboards and highways bars..your pretty much stuck where you are... We shall see sometime today..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Time will tell...
    Tick... Tick... Tick...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I like/liked the RSS LTD, because it looked like a RT without the top case... The F3 does not fill that niche.... it's really a new RS branch, albeit, probably a lot more comfortable.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

If you check out the pic of the guy riding the Orange/Red one, he looks reasonably tall, his knees seem to be bent around 90 degrees and the handlebars look to be adjusted to a more forward position

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/al...70.html#agal_2
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Wonder how hot it's gonna get?
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Wonder how hot it's gonna get?
    With the lack of plastic surrounds, you should get more airflow so you would think it should be no different to a 2 wheeler.
    Although it still has a big cat converter, so that may need to be replaced.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    If you check out the pic of the guy riding the Orange/Red one, he looks reasonably tall, his knees seem to be bent around 90 degrees and the handlebars look to be adjusted to a more forward position

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/al...70.html#agal_2

I can't tell about the foot pegs, but the bars are definitely ATV type handlebars, which will rotate in the bar clamps. Standard stuff in the motorcycle and ATV world. I like that BRP has done that, it makes the bike more accessable to the aftermarket.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

I agree. lossen the two bolts and the entire foot peg assembly slides back and forth on the steel tubes. Just my observation looking at the photos

QUOTE=Sabusan;862743]Sure looks like the foot pegs have to be adjustable….the two pics I see below show different knee angles for these two riders….It looks like the male F3 rider on the black "official" pic has a knee bend around 135 degrees…the young lady knee bend (taken from a Cycleworld article) is slightly above 90 degrees….I would think they are about the same height….both around 5'6"-5'8"…..perhaps it's because the Cycleworld pic is not official and this may have been a prototype being tested before final foot peg position was established….JMHO

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/08/19...ed-and-styled/

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...n-Am-Spyder-F3![/QUOTE]