Thread: Stugis 2015

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Stugis 2015

Planning on Sturgis in 2015. Anybody know how many Spiders show up there and how are they received?

Spyder Garage

I'm no Sturgis expert but have been twice (2010 & 2013) on my Roadglide. Though Harley is primary sponsor, all kinds of rides (including cars/trucks). Generally it seems no one cares what you ride. Most are just there for the event and local riding. I'm going in 2015 as well - this time on my 2014 Spyder RT Limited - planning to ride there and back pulling the RT-622 trailer. For the guys I ride with (all Harley's) I'm now the official "Beverage Mule". They get why I changed to 3 wheels and think the Spyder is cool. If you haven't been to Sturgis before, Rapid City Harley has become the better venue for vendors - easy parking, lot to see and buy, bands, food, drinks, etc..

Where you stay could make a difference, we've always rented houses, never stayed at The Chip.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by driver View Post
    Planning on Sturgis in 2015. Anybody know how many Spiders show up there and how are they received?
    Was there in 2012. Saw easily 100+ Spyders. Was received fine. Not one issue but lots of questions !!
    We should be there again in 2015 !!!

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jonnizingo View Post
    I'm no Sturgis expert but have been twice (2010 & 2013) on my Roadglide. Though Harley is primary sponsor, all kinds of rides (including cars/trucks). Generally it seems no one cares what you ride. Most are just there for the event and local riding. I'm going in 2015 as well - this time on my 2014 Spyder RT Limited - planning to ride there and back pulling the RT-622 trailer. For the guys I ride with (all Harley's) I'm now the official "Beverage Mule". They get why I changed to 3 wheels and think the Spyder is cool. If you haven't been to Sturgis before, Rapid City Harley has become the better venue for vendors - easy parking, lot to see and buy, bands, food, drinks, etc..

Where you stay could make a difference, we've always rented houses, never stayed at The Chip.
    OK thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Sturgis

Rode my rt to Sturgis, was a short ride, I live in Fargo. While I was there I saw lots of spyders everyone of them waved at me.
    did the needles highway, Spearfish Canyon and rode out to Devils Tower in Wyoming.
    I went with some (Harley) riders, I occasionally slowed down and let them catch up.

Spyder Garage

Quite a few Spyders at the rally. LOTS of Honda trikes and, of course H/D trikes. More 3-wheelers every year. The crowd is changing, aging. The ol' Harley attitude is losing it's grip! You won't have a problem. BTW, it will be the 75th Anniversary next year and they are talking around a MILLION folks. Get your reservations in early!