Spyder Garage

Default Trailer questions

Hi All

Well it's official we are selling our Air Ride Ultimate Trailer OHT3/AST3 - hopefully it'll be gone tomorrow morning. It only pulls our Spyder and we need something that will be able to hold our Harley Nightster and RSS.

What is everyone else using ? What size ? We were thinking a 7x10or 7x 12 non enclosed trailer.

Any suggestions or feedback would be a great help.
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

Line up the Spyder and the HD the way they'd have to be on a trailer, try to get things balanced fairly well, and measure to see what you need.
    7 by 12 might be a little small.

john

Spyder Garage

Our current trailer was 6x9 and just barely didn't work. We need another foot wide and another foot or two for length. The nightster is pretty small thankfully- we are going to bring both bikes trailer shopping and see them on anything before we buy.
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

I've been shopping something similar. I need to carry a 2011 RS and a 2000 Kawasaki ZR7. I've done the garage layout and I think they would fit on a 6x11 trailer if I place the ZR7 front wheel behind the Spyder elf front wheel. If not I have an idea for a trailer mod that would allow the trailer to be a 6x10.
    I'm looking at those 6x12 utility trailers as a starting point.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We have an 8x10 garage in the back of our toy hauler. It's like tetris but I squeeze our RS and two sportbikes in there. Spyder sits in the middle, side cases come off and the bikes wedge in on either side. I put the removable wheel chocks (Baxleys) just aft of the front wheels of the Spyder.

I believe 7ft is enough if you put the Spyder on one side and the bike on the other, just behind the front wheel. But that raises the question of weight distribution. Ideally you'd want to have even weight distribution on both trailer tires.

Lay out the desired size with masking tape, on a garage or driveway, and then try to fit the bikes in the rectangle.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Well we sold our Air Ride trailer today to another Spyder owner

We also looked at trailers and it looks like we might have a chance of fitting it on. 6x10 or most likely a 6x12 is we use this Trailering system for the Harley Sportster -

http://www.pit-bull.com/mm5/merchant...traints_harley

We will get or make some wheel stops for my Spyder and use a 4 point system to tie down trailer.

Going to take the bikes to try on a few trailers tomorrow and Monday. Want to get this done in time for SpyderQuest

Spyder Garage

How long is everyone's trailer ramps ? We tried a 5 ft ramp and it barely scratched the front but wouldn't want to do that all the time. We thought about buying ATV ramps and driving my bike up those ( 2 kits so we'd have 3 ATV ramps) to avoid scratching - think 4 1/2 or 5 ft ramps would work. Any feedback ?

Spyder Garage

A couple of pieces of 2 by 6 long enough to lift the front of the Spyder above the center ramp would do the job, no need to extend the center ramp. I use 2 piecces about 18 inches long on mine.

john

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by kawakii View Post
    Hi All

Well it's official we are selling our Air Ride Ultimate Trailer OHT3/AST3 - hopefully it'll be gone tomorrow morning. It only pulls our Spyder and we need something that will be able to hold our Harley Nightster and RSS.

What is everyone else using ? What size ? We were thinking a 7x10or 7x 12 non enclosed trailer.

Any suggestions or feedback would be a great help.
    I use a 8X16 trailer and have a little room left with a Harley Road King and a GS Spyder. I pull the Harley up to the tie down and back the Spyder on