Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Oct 1, 2008 and speeding in Florida

Bill HB 137
    As of October 1st, anyone caught doing 30mph over the speed limit in Florida faces vehicle confiscation, five to ten years in prison and a ten-year license suspension.
    316.1926 Motorcycle offenses. This act shall take effect October 1, 2008.

When a law enforcement officer charges a person with reckless driving in violation of s. 316.192 or exceeding the speed limit by 30 miles per hour or more in violation of s. 316.183(2), s. 316.187, or s. 316.189 while operating or in actual physical control of a motorcycle, the officer shall arrest the person, take him or her into custody, and seize the motorcycle, which shall be subject to forfeiture under the Florida Contraband Forfeiture Act.
    (2) Upon conviction, in addition to any other penalty provided by law, the court shall revoke the person's authorization and privilege to operate a motorcycle for a period of 10 years and order the person to surrender his or herdriver's license.
    (a) If the person holds a Class A, Class B, or Class C driver's license, the department shall issue a replacement license, valid for the remainder of the person's unexpired license period, without the endorsement to operate a motorcycle.
    (b) If the person holds a Class E driver's license that is not restricted to motorcycle operation only, the department shall issue a replacement license, valid for the remainder of the person's unexpired license period, without the authorization to operate a motorcycle.
    (3) Revocation of the privilege to operate a motorcycle under this section shall not prohibit or restrict the issuance or renewal of a driver's license for purposes other than the operation of a motorcycle.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

And with that i see alot of people running from the law not to get busted to save there bike or cars i think this law was a bad idea

Spyder Garage

Actually a significant number of changes were made to this before it was passed as a law. The most important being that it was increased to 50 mph over the speed limit and includes all vehicles not just motorcycles. They also are not confiscating vehicles. The first fine is $1,000 dollars, the second $2,500 dollars and suspension of license for a year, and the third $5,000 and it is a felony and suspension of license for 10 years.

Here is a link to the amended law as it was enrolled.

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sectio...7&Session=2008

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Kinda scary for the crotch rocket peeps.
    It is going to be interesting for the next month or two in reference to enforcement.
    I see, daily, 2 wheelers passing between cars on a two lane also darting in out.

Spyder Garage

i will stay as far from florida as possible, except when the kids wanna see Mickey Mouse

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydeebike View Post
    i will stay as far from florida as possible, except when the kids wanna see Mickey Mouse
    Well if you really plan on riding or driving 50 mph over the speed limit we don't need you here.

Let me put that into perspective, that means in most small towns you'd be doing 85 in a 35, on the freeway you'd be hauling along at 120 mph.

As for popping wheelies, well that ain't gonna affect any Spyder owners.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydeebike View Post
    Naw you can just go to California Disneyland to avoid Florida,,,

Spyder Garage

I THINK THE WHOLE THING SUCKS
    SPYDRRR