Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I started riding in 1993, I was a passenger until 2009 ( went thru a difficult time in 2009 until March 2010) I rode Honda's, Yamaha's, Suzuki's, Kawasaki's( nomade Cruiser) HD Switchback, in 2011 I told people that I wanted to get my motorcycle license, so in 2012 I took the Motorcycle Safety Coarse and got my permit/license, and traded the 2012 HD Switchback for 2012RTS-SE5. Kept the 2012RTS-SE5 for 2 years, then I traded the 2012RTS-SE5 for my Current ride 2014RTS-SE6. I like the freedom, and being in control of my own spyder. If life gets stress full I can just get on my spyder and GO. Also, if I want to just go for a ride I can. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    I started riding in 1993, I was a passenger until 2009 ( went thru a difficult time in 2009 until March 2010) I rode Honda's, Yamaha's, Suzuki's, Kawasaki's( nomade Cruiser) HD Switchback, in 2011 I told people that I wanted to get my motorcycle license, so in 2012 I took the Motorcycle Safety Coarse and got my permit/license, and traded the 2012 HD Switchback for 2012RTS-SE5. Kept the 2012RTS-SE5 for 2 years, then I traded the 2012RTS-SE5 for my Current ride 2014RTS-SE6. I like the freedom, and being in control of my own spyder. If life gets stress full I can just get on my spyder and GO. Also, if I want to just go for a ride I can. Deanna
    Akspyderlady started as a passenger in summer of 2011. Started out by saying she would never get on one of those things, and that if it was a deal breaker--then BYE. Then, she rode over 5,000 miles in the passenger seat of my RT. I let her drive the 2010 RT a couple times near the end of the year. In 2012, we traded off my Kawi Vulcan 900 LT and bought her a brand new 2011 RT. She drives 5,000 miles per season average just on weekends. Now has over 16K on the 2011 and looking forward to the upcoming season.

We enjoy riding our own ,s a lot more, compared to the two up experience. Communicators keep us in contact while on the road.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-22-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Akspyderlady started as a passenger in summer of 2011. Started out by saying she would never get on one of those things, and that if it was a deal breaker--then BYE. Then, she rode over 5,000 miles in the passenger seat of my RT. I let her drive the 2010 RT a couple times near the end of the year. In 2012, we traded off my Kawi Nomad 900 LT and bought her a brand new 2011 RT. She drives 5,000 miles per season average just on weekends. Now has over 16K on the 2011 and looking forward to the upcoming season.

We enjoy riding our own ,s a lot more, compared to the two up experience. Communicators keep us in contact while on the road.
    My current spyder( 2014RTS-SE6 Cognac) I have learned a lot about the Spdyers mainly thru this website, and sending people/pm's and going to the rally's ( Spyderfest, Spyderquest) the spyders are a conversation piece, when I go for rides, or when I am doing errands, or riding going to work ( in the early morning hours.) On my Current Spyder I have 2,988 miles, which I put on last year( from July 30th to Oct. 1). I am looking forward to up coming season also. Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    My current spyder( 2014RTS-SE6 Cognac) I have learned a lot about the Spdyers mainly thru this website, and sending people/pm's and going to the rally's ( Spyderfest, Spyderquest) the spyders are a conversation piece, when I go for rides, or when I am doing errands, or riding going to work ( in the early morning hours.) On my Current Spyder I have 2,988 miles, which I put on last year( from July 30th to Oct. 1). I am looking forward to up coming season also. Deanna

Akspyderlady loves to talk about her when we stop for gas, food, or just to sightsee. She lights up like a Christmas tree when people start asking about her beloved .

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Akspyderlady loves to talk about her when we stop for gas, food, or just to sightsee. She lights up like a Christmas tree when people start asking about her beloved .
    I do the same thing when I am at work, or when I am out and about doing errands. I give the people a big sepal about the spyders. They ask me a lot of questions, like "what do you get for gas mileage, do you need a motorcycle license, Is that a trike, can you ride the Spyder on the interstate, is it comfortable etc. Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Default Love it!!!

I have always rode on the back of the Harley, and really never had any desire to have one of my own. But, was in the local dealer for something else and saw and sat on a Spyder, and thought i could do this... So at 58 years old started doing my research and bought my first non 4 wheels toy a 2014 Yellow RT. Have really enjoyed the independence of having my own vehicle and love the extra storage room... Put 3600 miles on it last year so am now adding the Farkles... Have been pleasantly surprised on who and the variety of people that have stopped me to ask about the Spyder... Even my die hard Harley husband has been impressed with how it handles and even got my 81 year old mom on the back for a spin... I also got to say that taking the Motorcycle safety course was a great confidence builder for first time riders.... Highly recommend the course for newbies...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default My Spyder Story

My husband rides Kawasaki Voyagers and I have been a passenger for several years. He likes to take LONG trips and I found myself bored out of my gourd!!!
    I took the motorcycle safety course and passed on a 2 wheeler. My second bike was a 500 Vulcan and since I am vertically challenged tipped it over a few times at
    stop signs.. talk about embarassing!!! The final straw was when I tipped it over into his bike and SCATCHED it!!! We started looking for something else and
    came across a beautiful, Viper Red, 2011 RT with alot of bells and whistles and extras that we could afford. I tried it out last May and haven't looked back, except to see if the hubs is catching up!!! Planning a trip to Arkansas in June, CAN'T wait!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Beginner

I bought a Honda Rebel (250) over ten years ago to begin riding. I had not previously rode any and it was something I really wanted to do. But beginning to ride in your 20's is a bit late in life. I also took my first ride around the block...which sounds easy... but when you live in the foothills of the Ozarks around the block means around the mountain. I said "nope" and sold it. I have been eyeballing the Spyder since its beginning in 2008 but simply couldn't afford one (and finding a used one proved harder than finding a new one). Finally, after 7 years of waiting and healing from some pretty serious health problems I purchased a 2015 F3-S. I've managed to put 200 miles on it in four days just riding around town (;D). I absolutely love it and I love the power of that series in particular.

It's look definitely sets it apart and its as bad ass as it looks. 1330cc is nothing to laugh at and I fully enjoy leaving everyone in the dust.

I've been told by several dealers across several different states (which makes me think the stats come directly from Can-Am) that 24% of Spyder riders are totally new to the market (motorcycles/trikes/roadsters) and 76% are not. The number of women riders are higher also.

Now all I need is to find a club near me...but in Arkansas that seems impossible to find. One company owns all dealerships in Arkansas and they sell above the MSRP with ...and I quote..."we don't negotiate the price". So on a trip up to Minnisota I stopped in Des Moines at Hicklin PowerSports and got a great deal.

This Spyder is also awesome on the roller coaster roads of the Ozarks...cornering is a breeze, often not even requiring the brake at all.

Blay'yum!

Spyder Garage

Hey ladies, what took you so long?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    Chas I don't know why or how it happened but I have two nieces that both have their own pick up trucks.
    Back when I was a lad and Shep was a pup women didn't drive pickups.

So I think it is the equalization of the sexes.
    My wife is much happier on her own Spyder.
    She isn't into the maintenance thing but I know many women who are.

I've always believed that women are the superior sex and this study simply adds to the evidence.
    Jeez Roger don't tell them that. They are hard enough now to deal with!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    Chas I don't know why or how it happened but I have two nieces that both have their own pick up trucks.
    Back when I was a lad and Shep was a pup women didn't drive pickups.

So I think it is the equalization of the sexes.
    My wife is much happier on her own Spyder.
    She isn't into the maintenance thing but I know many women who are.

I've always believed that women are the superior sex and this study simply adds to the evidence.

We have known this all along.

Spyder Garage

Default It's HIS fault.

My husband created this monster, so now he has to live with it! Ha. Rode behind him in our 20's. Then didn't have a cycle for many years. All I heard for the last 20 yrs is "Harley, Harley, Harley", so finally gave in. He insisted I needed to try a Spyder and ride my own. So, went to Pitbull Powersports, spent couple of hours looking, sitting, etc. Finally picked out one - silver ST. To my great surprise, he asked if they had another just like it!! So at 60 yrs old, I became a Spyder ryder, and we became a 2-Spyder family. We have since traded for RTs for the comfort, and have ridden Tail of the Dragon and 3 Twisted Sisters, and all over the MO/AR Ozarks. What a great retirement we are having!

Spyder Garage

Default Because I couldnt

I was always told girls can't do this or that. First was ice hockey, so I played field hockey. Then it was baseball, so, I played softball. Then it was a motorcycle, so, I got a moped -a 1983 general 5 star!!

Then I wanted to join the army. They let women join the army. So, I did. I loved it except that I had to prove myself at every turn. I did which only made it wors. But..... I started playing hockey.... Ice hockey......with the guys......and I was good at it!! So being a soldier and a hockey player...life was great!! Then the wars came! Then I got out of the army and was very very sad and then very very angry so..........I bought a motorcycle! And then I was happy.
    2014 Honda CTX700D

Spyder Garage

We bought our RT to tour on as my wife had taken a very bad spill on her bicycle and ended up in the hospital . After that she would not even consider getting up behind me on a two wheeler . She had a girle friend who took her for a ride on a GS and sugested that we look into Spyders and even found a dealer. We had our RT that weekend! after a few trips she decided that it would be a good idea to learn how to drive the bike, so if I got injured or sick on a trip she could drive the bike , so entered the girlfriend again and in two months Ellie had her endorsment. Fast forward 4 more months , I'm away, out of state working on a project and she has ridden the 100 miles to our favorite dealer as the bike needed servicing , She has added another 1200 miles and it was due for an oil change , I get a text from my lovely bride of the last 40 years asking if I wanted the Lazer alienment , and if I did the labor was only 1/2 price ! why half price I asked ? Because I bought something she texted back , What did you buy ? I bought my own Spyder ! that was last July and now she has 16,000 miles on her Spyder . 64 years old and had NEVER ridden any bike by herself ! GO ELLIE, Oh and as a bonus she gets to buy new cloths and asessories ! and boots that match!
    !
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wifey View Post
    ......to be a passenger on "Bobby McGee". With the radio tuned to oldies I sing myself down the road.......
    (Singing along: "Feeling good was easy, Lawd, when Bobby sang the blues. Feeling good was good enough for me. Etc"

I have always wanted to ride; after a divorce and kids mostly grown, started to! Been endorsed from 1994. Switched to a Spyder this year; very hard to drop it on myself. I hope. Maintenance is a whole other story.....
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

Had a victory Vegas 8 ball 106 It was too big, heavy and I have balance issues only when stopped. Love my spyder. Bought in April/May rode 1 month before it got too hot to ride. Oct started riding again. 2,735 mi later I am looking toward first oil change at 3000 mi AND putting on a skid plate and new exhaust. I find excuses to ride. "Oh you forgot something? Don't worry I will go get it" lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk