Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Okay CTers, sound off...

Happy Spyder Owner - 2008 Millennium Yellow PE #2475
    HID lights, fog lights, Hindle exhaust, heated grips, anti-vibe bars, passenger extension pegs, BRP custom seat, seat cowl, sport rack/backrest, BRP saddlebags, CHAD black/smoke windshield, outdoor cover, Garmin Quest GPS, Rear axel billets.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    ROFLMAO

I laughed so hard I woke the kids!
    HID lights, fog lights, Hindle exhaust, heated grips, anti-vibe bars, passenger extension pegs, BRP custom seat, seat cowl, sport rack/backrest, BRP saddlebags, CHAD black/smoke windshield, outdoor cover, Garmin Quest GPS, Rear axel billets.

Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Danbury CT here.... still waiting on my se5 yellow. According to Garganos it should be here this week. So i am guessing that means by tomorrow? Hopefully the weather will be good for a few more weeks so i can break it in.

FYI - in waterbury, CT powersport place called Land and Sea. They seem to have a lot of machines, i heard they do custom paint jobs for around 700.00. They also have a good amount of accessories.

Hopefully more people chime in here. Good to see an active board.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GoodHouse View Post
    Danbury CT here.... still waiting on my se5 yellow. According to Garganos it should be here this week. So i am guessing that means by tomorrow? Hopefully the weather will be good for a few more weeks so i can break it in.

FYI - in waterbury, CT powersport place called Land and Sea. They seem to have a lot of machines, i heard they do custom paint jobs for around 700.00. They also have a good amount of accessories.

Hopefully more people chime in here. Good to see an active board.

I'm envious of these areas where they have dozens of riders... we need to get our count up

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Southington here, waiting on a full moon SM5 to be delivered in 2 weeks at Land n' Sea Marine.

Their custom painted SE5 Spyder was just on ebay, reserve not met, maybe they will repost it. I rode it a couple times, it is a beautiful machine with lots of mods, I really like the highway bars, and the paint is superb.

I went with Full Moon figuring I will eventually decide to get it custom painted. I found the manual to be more natural than the auto. Being a long time motorcycle driver, I prefer the control you get with a clutch. When coming to a stop, I pull in my clutch and cruse to a stop while putting it into a lower gear. When I am ready, I ease it back into gear. You don't get that smoothness with an auto. It downshifts automatically, and to me is a little jerky. I also like the ability to clutch the power in through a corner.

I am also hoping to get it in time to enjoy some riding time during the Fall foliage season, though I hear this year will be not so colorful do to a blight on the maples. Either way, I want to ride ASAP. Financing may be holding me up though. I was planning on putting a good chunk of it on a couple credit cards, but these guys want the balance in all cash. I never let 16 grand sit in an account not earning interest, and now is not the time to be pulling out investments. With the credit freeze the US is having right now, I will be amazed if their financing company has money to lend, when companies like GE and IBM can't get financing. I am going to go up this week and see what happens.

The guys at L N S were talking about organizing a ride with the Spyder owners they sold to. Maybe we can meet up with some of the other CT Spyder riders.

The owners seem like a couple great guys. The go on fund raising rides we have here in CT. The last one I went to was for Special Olympics, that’s where I fist saw the Spyder and was not quite sold on it, but definitely curious. Even after my first ride, i was not sold on it either because of the radically different handling it has compared to a single track motorcycle. But my first ride was on an auto. I was watching one of the owners in front of me and he handled it fine. When we got back, I told him how I felt uncomfortable with the cornering, and he told me to hop on a manual model. Then I felt more comfortable, and was pretty much sold.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Bridgeport Broken should be up and running again soon

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    Bridgeport Broken should be up and running again soon
    Up and running

Spyder Garage

Danbury area

been hanging over at Spydertalk.com but I'm starting to focus more attention here.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by nickcaro View Post
    Danbury area

been hanging over at Spydertalk.com but I'm starting to focus more attention here.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Danbury here! finally have my yellow se 5. Amazing!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GoodHouse View Post
    Danbury here! finally have my yellow se 5. Amazing!
    welcome

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default winter mods

Hey spyder lovers. Spyder has been taken apart. Going to do lots of mods this winter. so.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by steven888 View Post
    Hey spyder lovers. Spyder has been taken apart. Going to do lots of mods this winter. so.

Spyder Garage

Mine is in pieces as well. Being moded in the basement this winter. I thought most of these things are P-n-P ... but nooooo, I have to rip just about every piece of plastic off just to put in a god damm wiring harness for the fog ... grrrrrr

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default MODS, MODS, MODS

Ok, Recieved a big box of my spyder parts today. All chromed out. They look great. Still have more to come. Doing lots of mods this winter. can't wait to post pics. It will be a while before everything is done. Bike is completly apart.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Milford here - although I really don't qualify as I don't have a spyder - yet. I took one for a test ride at Laconia this year and loved it.

Two things are holding me up from pulling the trigger. One - the economy. I have a new 2007 FJR (paid for), and to get on a spyder I would have to finance some of it. Not sure I want a loan right now.

Second - and I know you will all chime in here - I'm not sure if I will be happy not having a motorcycle. Since I don't have the funds to have one of each, I am hessitant to go to the spyder. I REALLY enjoyed my test ride, and the safety factor just can't be beat, but I love my time on my motorcycle. I have been riding since I was 12 (33 years), but a fairly serious accident 3 years ago on my motorcycle continues to roll around in my head every time I take off on my bike. How many of you were long time riders that now only ride a spyder? Do you ever long for a bike again? HELP!

Spyder Garage

You can always switch to a cheaper / older bike and still have a Spyder. I keep a Ninja 500 for solo rides and Spydering when the wife wants to tag along.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ford68xl View Post
    Milford here - although I really don't qualify as I don't have a spyder - yet. I took one for a test ride at Laconia this year and loved it.

Two things are holding me up from pulling the trigger. One - the economy. I have a new 2007 FJR (paid for), and to get on a spyder I would have to finance some of it. Not sure I want a loan right now.

Second - and I know you will all chime in here - I'm not sure if I will be happy not having a motorcycle. Since I don't have the funds to have one of each, I am hessitant to go to the spyder. I REALLY enjoyed my test ride, and the safety factor just can't be beat, but I love my time on my motorcycle. I have been riding since I was 12 (33 years), but a fairly serious accident 3 years ago on my motorcycle continues to roll around in my head every time I take off on my bike. How many of you were long time riders that now only ride a spyder? Do you ever long for a bike again? HELP!
    welcomeI still kept my H-D Roadglide also it is nice to have both I prefere the Harley for long trips but it was hard to get off the this summer still managed to put another 7000 on H-D almost 10'000 on took delivery in May

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by steven888 View Post
    Ok, Recieved a big box of my spyder parts today. All chromed out. They look great. Still have more to come. Doing lots of mods this winter. can't wait to post pics. It will be a while before everything is done. Bike is completly apart.

Spyder Garage

Put a down payment on mine in 2007, sight unseen. First bike. I have 3 small children and the safety factor faired well with my wife. You're definitely noticed on the Spyder; I've made many trips from Milford to my Stamford office via I95. Maybe it's the fact they're new, but many people yield and back off as you're riding the highway, at least that's my observation. Wife also loves tagging along

Fast, comfortable, and very cool... and as you've stated, we have an A-1 shop in Garganos' for service.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Spyder Garage

got new pegs today from j p spyder pegs part #4491 look great on my spyder mean looking well post pics soon.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Do you ever long for a bike again? HELP!
    I kept my 2 wheeler just in case, but i don't see myself ever wanting to take that over the Spyder. It is a 1985 Madura, 4 cyl 700 cc engine. I won't cost me much to keep it, it is bought and paid for. I liked it fine and would not have replaced it with another 2 wheeler. But then I saw the Spyder, did a few test rides, and was convinced it will be my ride for years to come. So now the Suzuki sits. I will sell it in the Spring.

I don't miss the ability to split lanes, in fact in most cases, I had been able to sneak past traffic with the Spyder. With the added stability, it is even more comfortable to do if you have 5 feet to spare. And if you should have to stop and wait, well, you just sit there not having to hold the bike up. Once you get used to the cornering, you won't miss the countersteering so much. It is still different. and requires a more work on the driver's part than to just lean, but, dang, it's a blast!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

OK, one other downside, it does require more room in the garage than a two wheeler............