Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StealthSpyder View Post
    Q.E.D. - translation from Latin into English yields: "What was to be demonstrated". A better translation from the Greek would read, "The very thing it was required to have shown."

A curious initialism!

Which definition did you prefer in your use of it?
    I really don't prefer one over the other; it is proven by it's own existence...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I really don't prefer one over the other; it is proven by it's own existence...

Whoa, deep!
    2012 Neutron Green RSS SE5 | Two Brothers Dual Carbon Fiber exhaust | BRP Xenon HID kit! | CalSci Tinted Shorty windshield| Throttlemeister CC | Baja Ron sway bar | TricLED halo ground effects kit | Sena SMH10's |

The wifey on Tessa the day we brought her home!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StealthSpyder View Post
    Whoa, deep!
    Deep as a lot of thought or deep as I need higher boots.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Hahaha well played sir! I'll let you decide!
    2012 Neutron Green RSS SE5 | Two Brothers Dual Carbon Fiber exhaust | BRP Xenon HID kit! | CalSci Tinted Shorty windshield| Throttlemeister CC | Baja Ron sway bar | TricLED halo ground effects kit | Sena SMH10's |

The wifey on Tessa the day we brought her home!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    And that's the market for most people interested in buying a sporty recreational vehicle.

And that is my point: the Spyder RS was not pulling from the motorcycle market.

That market either wanted a sportbike (and bought them instead) because A) two wheels are what they wanted, or B) they'd be open to three wheels, but the Spyder (unfairly, but unarguably) carried too much of a stigma with their peers, **or** they wanted a fast toy. The Slingshot won't do any better than the Spyder RS did in getting sportbikers off of two wheels, but it will definitely get the "look cool in a fast toy" crowd to look twice at it, especially now that BRP isn't making a direct sporty trike competitor.

With all due respect my good friend Ron, the T-Rex never had a market because the thing cost $50 freakin' thousand dollars. Polaris is genius for coming in at the $20K price point, which while still pricey, is within the realm of possibility for many weekend joyriders.

Again, stepping outside of the Spyderlovers bubble:

"I've never ridden motorcycles, I've only driven a car, I want a unique sporty open-air experience. I could buy a Spyder-- and learn how to ride that, buy all the gear, etc. AND risk being made fun of by a majority of bikers who think I'm too scared to ride two-wheels. Or, I could buy the Slingshot which is a lot like my car, comes with a seat belt, easily brings along a passenger for my Saturday joyride, *and* doesn't carry the stigma the Spyder has with all the cool kids-- and boy, do I ever want to be cool."

"Hmmm... oh, wait, what was that? Can-Am doesn't make a sporty Spyder any longer? Well then, I guess BRP made my decision for me, time for the test drive at the Polaris dealer!"

At the T-Rex prices, that conversation would NEVER happen. At $20K, however, I imagine that conversation is going to go on in a lot more people's heads than all my esteemed SL colleagues expect.
    Seems like a lot of talk about no more sporty spyders. I haven't seen anywhere that BRP is no longer making the RS series or ST's. We just haven't seen any pics of the '15's yet. there's more to come folks. Gotta have a little patience.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CJInc View Post
    BRP has been aggressively luring younger customers to their social media pages this past summer...especially to Instragram, through targeted campaigns on a variety of websites. About 18 of the last 27 photos BRP has posted to their IG account over the last month have been RS/RSS models. At least once every couple weeks they post photos of a celebrity on a RS/RSS.

How lame would it be to ramp up social media campaigns, reach a younger audience on websites we tend to visit with photos of tricked out celebrity-owned RS/RSS--if they plan to discontinue those models anyways?

I'm siding with the folks who think the F3 is an addition, not a replacement!
    I agree. Well said.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

I took four of our best pictures of the F3 over to my dealer today. They said they had not seen any information yet. All thought the F3 was very cool. One salesman said "I would buy one of those." All agreed that they could see some sales on the horizon if the F3 is to be added to the line.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

From BRP's Facebook page

Can-Am Spyder

Figured we were on to something when the paparazzi chased us in Los Angeles and Europe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I'd like to "think", that a lot of thought went into it...

I was introduced to that comment, by my 10th grade Geometry Teacher; so very many years ago!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    tell chad to go back and bake some more cookies and you'll take the f3 for a ride!!! chad and i usually agree on the future of the rss, but this one, i think we're not on the same wavelength. if the front end was a little sleeker, i think i might hop on one of these!!!
    I am with you, the front end is the part I dislike. The riding position is the one I have been waiting on. I am going to look at one, but right now it just looks ugly from the front.

Just sayin'...........
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    I am with you, the front end is the part I dislike. The riding position is the one I have been waiting on. I am going to look at one, but right now it just looks ugly from the front.

Just sayin'...........
    That's what I've been saying about the GS/RS but it grew on me. Never loved it but I do like the RT nose and I'm good with the F3 nose.

Spyder Garage

For me, I don't mind the looks but would not like the riding position. Not comfortable with the weight concentrated on the tail bone and legs out in front. I actually think it looks pretty good though.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raknid View Post
    For me, I don't mind the looks but would not like the riding position. Not comfortable with the weight concentrated on the tail bone and legs out in front. I actually think it looks pretty good though.
    Before the Spyder that's the only posture I rode in. 1000 mile days were not an issue.

Spyder Garage

I am a touring rider, but I am with Lamont. A couple of my most comfy long range bikes were the cruiser style. While I like the bare bones, it doesn't appear there is ANY storage. Looks like the frunk is actually a hood. Going to wait and see the price and the farkle catalogue before I decide one way or the other.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default i've done 1000 mile days many times when I was younger

on a BMW,, and my attire was a t-shirt and jeans.. unless the rain set in then it was Barbour, I just never understood all the armor.. but then it wasn't invented yet and the fear factor wasn't introduced yet

moral of the story...

go out of your way not to fall

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default somewhere in the middlewest someone asked me at a resturant

what have you seen? I said what's in front of me.. My jacket was incrusted with ice... my hands shook when I asked for coffee .. the waitress took it to where I sat,, the local Law just stared at me.... I stuffed newspaper in my jacket.. and hit the road again...finally somewhere in New Mexico I had had enough... the interstate was 2 ruts in the snow... I purchaced a 1/2 pint of whiskey and I don't drink that stuff... took a hot bath as I have a leg missing and one has to watch out for the wayward soap when standing up... finally made it to Arizona . to a friends place in Rimrock.. it was so much warmer there..

took the south way home.. with much rain.. at least it didn't stick to my chest

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't care for the feet forward riding position at all but I love the look of the nose. It reminds me of an old Indy Roadster, in my mind the prettiest cars that ever raced at Indianapolis.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Default From the Seat

I'm thinking that from the seat you won't even notice the nose. The biggest benefit to the F3 will be heat management. The open sides and the huge front grille area and what appears to be side mount radiators will do wonders with dissipating engine heat away from the rider. On cruiser style motocycles big torquey engines that turn lower rpms are preferred because they can be short-shifted and still pull stongly. The 1330 ACE with six speeds is an ideal cruiser engine in those regards and the F3 is definitely a cruiser, not a sport bike.

Spyder Garage

Default F3

Finally something different. Been a member since 2010. Have wanted a spyder since they came out. For me I didn't want a high rev motor so I didn't buy one. 2014 rt with new 1330 is nice but not my style. Now this new model is exactly what I am looking for and will most likely buy. I am in my late 50s and own a 2014 HD ultra limited which I will keep. MY style of bike has always been a laid back cruiser style. I think this will fit me perfectly. I thought about a slingshot but it is a car. Steering wheel, pedals, car motor and trans, etc. Even though the spyder is 3 wheels you still straddle it like a traditional motorcycle which I like.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    No doubt; the Slingshot is very nicely-priced.
    But, do you buy your toys based solely upon price?
    I know that I don't...
    It's not a bike.
    The Spyder isn't a bike.
    They're aimed at different audiences, and I think that there's enough room for both!
    I also think that this new RS is breathing excitement back into the line-up!
    It's NOT an RS!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post

Just sayin'...........
    The front end is the part of the bike that you can't see, while you've got the handlebars in front of you...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Before the Spyder that's the only posture I rode in. 1000 mile days were not an issue.

That's what makes this world beautiful and interesting...we all have different experiences and opinions. :-) The cruiser style ergo always give e a sore lower back and shoulders.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raknid View Post
    That's what makes this world beautiful and interesting...we all have different experiences and opinions. :-) The cruiser style ergo always give e a sore lower back and shoulders.
    And that's my exact point. The Spyder ergo's have been missing this one style of riding. Now pretty much all bases are covered. This is the styling I'm all about and everything else was a compromise for me. Not a bad thing but just not me. I'm very excited to get my hands on one of these and start customizing it.

Invalid Emails
    In the hills South of Edinburgh, Scotland
    Spyder Garage

I've driven a number of Harley cruisers with forward controls and hated every one, but people must like them or they wouldn't build/sell them. Here though, the foot position looks really strained with ankles bent well past 90°.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    I've driven a number of Harley cruisers with forward controls and hated every one, but people must like them or they wouldn't build/sell them. Here though, the foot position looks really strained with ankles bent well past 90°.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Everything on that Spyder lends itself to adjustment. That's why cruisers are so popular. For sure you can adjust the bars where you like them.