Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Mickey Fisher loves it and wants us to build him an "Extant" theme Spyder. That will be way cool.

Spyder Garage

Still not a look I like sorry.... I assume this is what they had to do to cram the 1330 in the RS and get the radioators way up front?
    It looks like too much up front from the rider to me e.g. out of balance in the look.
    I guess if you put the RT rear end on it, it would look better.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I love it and I knew I would from the spy photos. The handlebars seem a little cramped for those riders that were testing it, but probably would be perfect for someone of my stature. Not sure about the forward controls, that could take some getting used to, and it would definitely need more storage and a windshield if this was to replace my 2008 GS. I can't wait to test ride one!!

We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    50/50 here. Dont like the front end either but I can see that it would allow for a lot of airflow. And I would have to ride it to evaluate that riding position. The bars seem to be a little high. Lets just hope they test this one a little more before they release it. Oh yeah that’s right that’s what we always hope for (doesn’t seem to happen).

I agree, the bars seem a bit awkward to me.

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The only thing that can ruin that spyder now is to find out they went small on the powerplant or if it weighs in at RT level heft. The 1330 isn't my first choice but if its smaller than that its a deal killer. Hopefully we won't be disappointed....

Lamont, fire up the F3 forum!.....[emoji41]

Spyder Garage

I question the authenticity of the PICs . There is not a beer belly to be seen
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

I don't care for the front grill. Looks too much like a car to me. The handlebars seem to be positioned a bit awkward too. The nekkid look???!!! I like that!!! Not sure it won't be so hot on the legs though..... I'll have to go take a peek when they get to the showrooms!!!

Spyder Garage

This will definitely target a different market of Spyder owners. I have a feeling that most of the current owners won't like this. This seems to appeal more to a younger crowd IMHO. Maybe that's why I like it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vampyregirl View Post
    I don't care for the front grill. Looks too much like a car to me. The handlebars seem to be positioned a bit awkward too. The nekkid look???!!! I like that!!! Not sure it won't be so hot on the legs though..... I'll have to go take a peek when they get to the showrooms!!!

I love the naked look too!! The seating position does seem a bit on the awkward side for sure.

Spyder Garage

Default It's a looker..!!

not my choice but will be for many..but what will it be..?? RS/RSS/ST or a new catagory..??
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll stick with my RT, thanks. Don't think the forward controls would be comfortable for me.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default interesting

If it is fast, and handles, rides cooler, and is reliable, I am in! have a reasonable price, please!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Default Price?

I wonder what the price point will be on this model? I do like the looks of it though. I like the forward foot position also. Can't wait to see this in person if this is the production model!
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

I like the look for the most part. It will be nice to get my butt on one to get the feel of it. Appears to be an official photo shoot. They will have to delete all the pictures of the orange one with the front tires on backwards.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Looks aggressive,

I like that. Would be great if it had performance options like Elka shocks and BahaRon bar.
    2014 Pearl white RTS

Spyder Garage

From what I have read, it seemed pretty clear to me that that sport spyder ryders (read: RS, RSS) were NOT interested in the 1330 ace engine. Can't remember exactly what the reasons were for that, but I think it was along the lines of whatever additional power it does have (minimal). You lose the performance gains due to the extra weight of the motor.

Additionally, I thought that due to the nature of the torque and power band etc...it was pretty much agreed that the 1330 was NOT a performance engine nearly as much as it was a touring/cruising engine. Clearly there are some benefits as the motor has gotten high accolades from the RT ryders. But that's just it...the 1330 belongs in the touring spyders and maybe the ST's, but IMO (and from what I've read, many others) that's it. We sport spyder ryders were not interested in the 1330 so I really hope the RS/RSS line is still in existence and still has the Rotax 990 (or hopefully something even higher performance! )

Finally, while the pics are a little better than the "mule" pics that were leaked last week...I'm still not a fan of the looks. At all. Or really of any of what I've read and seen about it to be honest. BRP is targeting a demographic that is not in line with what many of us anticipated would be released this year...an entry level spyder. This spyder will no doubt be 18K+ having the 1330 engine, if that is in fact the engine it will be coming with.

At this point, my response to BRP regarding this spyder would be...

"Thanks, I guess."

It's definitely not for me. I'm hoping this isn't the only change/addition for 2015.
    2012 Neutron Green RSS SE5 | Two Brothers Dual Carbon Fiber exhaust | BRP Xenon HID kit! | CalSci Tinted Shorty windshield| Throttlemeister CC | Baja Ron sway bar | TricLED halo ground effects kit | Sena SMH10's |

The wifey on Tessa the day we brought her home!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
    This will definitely target a different market of Spyder owners. I have a feeling that most of the current owners won't like this. This seems to appeal more to a younger crowd IMHO. Maybe that's why I like it.
    I'm 31 with an RSS and respectfully disagree. I think most of the current spyder owners won't like this not because of their age (younger or older).
    2012 Neutron Green RSS SE5 | Two Brothers Dual Carbon Fiber exhaust | BRP Xenon HID kit! | CalSci Tinted Shorty windshield| Throttlemeister CC | Baja Ron sway bar | TricLED halo ground effects kit | Sena SMH10's |

The wifey on Tessa the day we brought her home!

Spyder Garage

Even if it is the 1330 engine, it may not be the same. Different cams and compression can narrow up the power band and increase the peak power. That would suit a sport rider better.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bgame View Post
    Did not know I was not allowed to state my opinion....

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StealthSpyder View Post
    I'm 31 with an RSS and respectfully disagree. I think most of the current spyder owners won't like this not because of their age (younger or older).
    As far as I'm concerned, you are correct. I'm twice your age and think it looks great. I might even try to trade in my 2008 SM5. Also, it still looks the same as the original pics. with the bullet proof blanket.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StealthSpyder View Post
    From what I have read, it seemed pretty clear to me that that sport spyder ryders (read: RS, RSS) were NOT interested in the 1330 ace engine. Can't remember exactly what the reasons were for that, but I think it was along the lines of whatever additional power it does have (minimal). You lose the performance gains due to the extra weight of the motor.

Additionally, I thought that due to the nature of the torque and power band etc...it was pretty much agreed that the 1330 was NOT a performance engine nearly as much as it was a touring/cruising engine. Clearly there are some benefits as the motor has gotten high accolades from the RT ryders. But that's just it...the 1330 belongs in the touring spyders and maybe the ST's, but IMO (and from what I've read, many others) that's it. We sport spyder ryders were not interested in the 1330 so I really hope the RS/RSS line is still in existence and still has the Rotax 990 (or hopefully something even higher performance! )

If this bike is replacing (know one knows this yet) the current RS/RSS models then I agree the 1330 motor as it exists in the RT may not be the desired motor. However I'm assuming that if this is a replacement for the RS/RSS then BRP will tune the motor specifically for the RS/RSS model. My opinion is the RS/RSS needs more power than the current twin delivers. I'm not interested in higher top speed numbers. I'm interested in more power from 0-80 mph (mid range). Something I can mash the throttle on coming out of a turn and it rips. I really don't care if its a better tuned twin or a different tuned 1330 as long as it achieves the desired results.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Showie View Post
    I question the authenticity of the PICs . There is not a beer belly to be seen
    That's cold; but, I like it.

Spyder Garage

all-new-can-am-spyder-f3-efi-spotted-with-no-camouflage-photo-gallery_9.jpg

looks like the footrests slide up & down the red frame tube to accommodate leg length.

Edit: on taking a much closer look, I think they come out from under the bike as the red tube looks like it goes up & down with the suspension.
    Last edited by oldgoat; 08-18-2014 at 07:07 PM.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

arntufun

You know what......................... ? I think it's bad azz !!!!!! I Love the new look !!!!!! Home freakin run !!!!!!!!!! BRP, I knew you wouldn't leave us out !!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job BRP !!!!