Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3 - No Camo Pics - Things are looking up!

Ok, I was one of many that didn't like the original 'Spy' pics of the 2015 Spyder. I said it was ugly because that is what I thought based on the pictures I had to make a judgement with.

BUT!

More information and more realistic pictures can change a person's mind and I don't mind that at all. Here is a link to some great pics of what appears to be 'The Real Deal'.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/all-new-can-am-spyder-f3-efi-spotted-with-no-camouflage-photo-gallery-85370.html

I have always wanted a more naked Spyder and I've said so many times in past posts. So the exposed tubular frame (a bit like the V-Rod) is appealing to me. I like the reinforced, tubular swing arm too.

The whole machine appears to be sitting a bit lower to the ground with changes in the front end to give added ground clearance where it's needed most. If this is true this model should handle even better than the current models. I"m all about handling.

Riding position. I don't care so much what it looks like. Obviously the foot position and controls are forward. A lot like my Suzuki M109R and I can tell you that is very comfortable for me. Also, it looks like the way the foot pegs are mounted and the tubular frame in front of them will give the aftermarket guys a perfect platform for all kinds of foot rest options. Especially for you long legged guys (and gals).

I do like some of the colors better than others but then that's always going to be the case.

Hope you enjoy the added info!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 08-18-2014 at 01:24 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nicely done; Sir!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Nice find Baja. Those are some really great photos. If that is what is coming, I think that those looking for an RS with more Ooomph will be getting their wish.

The "ram air" scoops look pretty cool.

I like the new styling also.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-18-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

They seem to be "official photos" as you can see the camera truck in a couple of them.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Still ugly to me....

Spyder Garage

Did any one notice on the left of the page about the recalled BMW R1200RT? Turns out BMW has a buyback program - at full price - for these bikes.​ HELLO, BRP?
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Be nice. Why not try a cup of coffee and a donut or something like that. Let's not rain on the parade. We are just looking at some pictures here.
    Did not know I was not allowed to state my opinion....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sexy sexy!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bgame View Post
    Did not know I was not allowed to state my opinion....
    Just funning with you my friend. If my dig was offensive, I will be happy to delete it.

Just say the word. There are plenty more that agree with you also.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-18-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks! I like the forward controls; still don't care for the front end.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

That's what I'm talking about

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm digging it!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Well if it's ugly to the bone, why cover it up?

I can see where some will like its stark looks, while other may feel it's rather undressed. Oh, the shame!! There are not many attractive offerings here. Just your plain jane new run of the mill... Beefed up in a few places...
    I hope the new owners of these newly designed units will be happy.
    I pray they don't go and remodel any of the other Spyder modes this way. That's what makes
    them so unique. The insect look... Lucky we all, have unique and specific likes and interests.
    These are actually hardening back to the beginning as they resembles a Deere farm tractor.
    That's how come they didn't make it too obvious, with no green ones... Hahaha, just saying.

Chas

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm digging it!
    To bad the boss won't say how he likes driving it. I guess we will just have to wait another month or so.

No BBQ here--that is one cool machine. Sorry, can't help repeating myself. Over and out.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just about five weeks and counting!

Tick... tick... Tick...

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Oh, I LIKE it! It's the muscle car of the Spyder line-up.

May not appeal to some, but I've got to believe this may actually widen the Spyder market to the cruiser-types and the 30-45 year olds who might otherwise follow the Harley herd. Can totally see lots of different after-market parts on these....like mini ape-hangers (Joe Peschon of the MOGang was a visionary
    )

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

50/50 here. Dont like the front end either but I can see that it would allow for a lot of airflow. And I would have to ride it to evaluate that riding position. The bars seem to be a little high. Lets just hope they test this one a little more before they release it. Oh yeah that’s right that’s what we always hope for (doesn’t seem to happen).
    Last edited by Tazzel; 08-18-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nice info Ron.

My likes:
    Looks fantastic from the side.
    Love the tubular steel
    Like the orange/black and white/orange/gray colors
    Love that most of the rear tire is exposed (from the side)
    Love that the engine and mechanicals are showing
    Love the adjustable handlebars
    Like the 115hp expectation

My Dislikes:
    The front grill. It's too large. Would look better if the nose dipped a bit to make it look shorter in the grill area (like a new style Camaro)
    The wheels...not flashy enough for the overall design. The current "blade" wheels from the RSS would look better I think
    The rear reflector, plate light housing.......its HUGE. Way to large and boxy.
    Needs a small triangular windscreen (non functional) that fits in the triangle in front of the gauges.....looks like there is one on some of the models (pic 3).
    Wish it were more like 125-130hp expectation

My $.02 cents anyway. Not that its worth $.02
    Last edited by Rob Rodriguez; 08-18-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Looks like the rear tire is already worn out....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    Oh, I LIKE it! It's the muscle car of the Spyder line-up.

May not appeal to some, but I've got to believe this may actually widen the Spyder market to the cruiser-types and the 30-45 year olds who might otherwise follow the Harley herd. Can totally see lots of different after-market parts on these....like mini ape-hangers (Joe Peschon of the MOGang was a visionary
    )
    I think this will bring in the Hotrod guys too (if this is the 2015 Spyder). Len just got a call from one of his buddies that saw the pics and his comment was "this ain't no blue haired Spyder".
    For sure BRP is stepping up their game.

Spyder Garage

I like it, but I prefer the RT . . . I like the seating position and all the storage . . . got road trips planned!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I like it, but I prefer the RT . . . I like the seating position and all the storage . . . got road trips planned!
    I am thinking this is the year when the original RS gets spiffed up. It's a bit dated and many have been clamoring for more HP and oomph.

I have no fear that the RT is in for radical changes. The designers made most of those changes in 2014 and I don't see them spending additional dollars other than some cosmetic changes and color(s) on the touring version.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Like it. Beefed up tubular frame all the way around. Smaller diameter, slightly raised handle bars. Love the open engine concept. Not a real fan of the Chrysler style box front end, but it may grow on me. Seat doesn't look much different than the RS seat, Wonder if my old bum would feel comfy on it. Most of all, love the forward controls. That would really reduce the discomfort in the old knees and hip. I like the sporty colors. All told, I give it an 8 out of ten.

Test ride may change score.

Went back and looked again. Is it me or does the rear tire look more like a regular car tire? Also noted that one was an SM. Six i hope.
    Last edited by bruiser; 08-18-2014 at 02:44 PM.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default I stand corrected!

I was quick to call it ghastly, but with less cover and more skin...Wow! I've never been one for that riding position, but that's why I own an RT... It, does have an aggressive, perhaps even Bad-a** look to it. It could be that I've been watching too much Sharkweek, but anybody else see Greatwhite in there somewhere? I love how sleek my RT is, but there's a lot to be said for seeing a motor....more to chrome
    ~'12 RT Limited, Pearl White~
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    Lidlox Grip Tip Helmet Locks
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights
    Palmer Signs Custom "Captain America" frunk graphics
    Twisted Chrome Pinstripes
    Overland Australian Sheepskin Seat Cover

Spyder Garage

I like it too - Look for the RT version in 2016....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member