Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ride

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NITSPYDER View Post
    No I try not to whine about things if I can help from it, thats why I didnt even tell bonehead the whole story I just asked if the service he got was up to his standard. I am really not trying to give them bad press but if they cant balance tires how can I expect them to fix something major that happens. I guess its more of a trust issue than anything.
    Well...you are giving them bad press regardless if that is your intention or not. If it's deserved...I'm backing YOU up 100%!!!.

However...not speaking with Aaron about this to give him a chance to "make it right" with you the customer before posting the bad press on a forum really isn't the right way to handle the situation either.

I just call it like I see it. I'm sending all this info to Aaron. Keith the guy I spoke with said they are VERY much interested in pleasing their customers and suggested I let Aaron know about your experiences. For what's with worth...the salesman you mentioned doesn't work at Middletown anymore.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yeah I knew that, he called me and asked me to get him a job?? What kinda f&*()&^ nerve does this guy have?? He knew that I deal with almost all the large dealers and auctions in the cincy area and thought I might be able to help him out. I appreciate your concern about the situation but I didnt really want to bash anybody, our converstion during q&a has kinda turned that way tho. All I want from that dealer is to take care of my bike as if it were their own. I guarantee nobody wants to ride a motorcycle that has any kind of vibration at highway speeds. If Aaron would like to contact me or anyone else they are more than welcome, I feel that I gave the service department ample time to repair the bike, 3 1/2 days to install a sprocket cover and balance tires is plenty, especially on a bike that they just put the wheels and tires on a couple days earlier. In my business thats called a "comeback", and usually those customers get in and out the fastest. Maybe I am off base by comparing them to a automotive service department.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default MIDDLETOWN SERVICE

I have a had nothin but good service from these people so far! That doesn't mean it can't be bad. Russ and Aaron have been good to me and my wife, we both bought Spyders there and love them so far. The only thing was that with the TBR slip on they said that the need for any fuel management system would not be need, well that was far from the truth on my bike, but i added the K/N and bought a JBP and they did the install for free, so i feel very good about the out come. I aslo asked about updates and they dropped what they were doin and checked and did two updates while i waited. I don't know how long this friendly service will go but i can't say a ba d thing about them. I hope SERVICE AT MIDDLETOWN is not like some of the issues i have read about here on this forum.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I hope I can get some of the good service you got, they charged me 75 dollars to install the juice box, while they were doing the service and had the plastic off!! I am glad everyone thinks good of them, maybe I have had just a couple random bad dealings. I can say that I like Carl in there parts dept, I havent ever talked to Aaron, but Russ is a good guy, I think my situation just got a little mismanaged.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

well know as well as i do that service ( especially the service manager) people and the most hated and loved people in any place that works on a vehicle, i try and be cool but some what forceful, in my needs and usually get what i need? Hope they are better for u in the future.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

For all of you that have been following this thread, I took the rear tire and got it balanced today, problem solved. The wheel did not have any weights on it, whether they fell off or what who knows but I am just glad that the bike is fixed. I had one of my friends set up the belt tension and everything seems fine. No idea how this was overlooked during service but everyone makes mistakes!

Spyder Garage

For all of you that have been following this thread, I took the rear tire and got it balanced today, problem solved. The wheel did not have any weights on it, whether they fell off or what who knows but I am just glad that the bike is fixed. I had one of my friends set up the belt tension and everything seems fine. No idea how this was overlooked during service but everyone makes mistakes!
    Really? Nice friend to have that expensive belt tension gauge in his toolbox.

Still, overlooking balancing weights...that's not a minor thing. Looks like I'm going for a road trip this weekend to chat with Aaron. He needs to know about this in order to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm just going to assume NITSPYDER isn't going to tell him.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Why would you assume that I am not going to talk to him?? He called me today and I missed the call, I will call him back tomorrow morning after I go to the auction. The tool my friend has prolly isnt the same as the "special tool" that I hear is required but he has had several motorcycles and has built several also. Rest assured I am a grown man and dont need you to speak up for me, you took it upon yourself to involve yourself so deeply in my situation, it makes me wonder exactly what your motive is, while you are down this way feel free to let me know and we can speak in person. It almost seems that you are saying that I am lying about the situation, I hope thats not the case, but it does seem so.

Spyder Garage

Why would you assume that I am not going to talk to him?? He called me today and I missed the call, I will call him back tomorrow morning after I go to the auction. The tool my friend has prolly isnt the same as the "special tool" that I hear is required but he has had several motorcycles and has built several also. Rest assured I am a grown man and dont need you to speak up for me, you took it upon yourself to involve yourself so deeply in my situation, it makes me wonder exactly what your motive is, while you are down this way feel free to let me know and we can speak in person. It almost seems that you are saying that I am lying about the situation, I hope thats not the case, but it does seem so.
    Not saying you didn't experience some terrible service at all...but things just do not seem to add up is all I'm saying. And my assumption you were not going to take this up with Aaron is based squarely on the fact you've yet to do it. You basically took it in for service, got mad and walked out without saying much to anyone.

Why I involved myself and what my motive is actually very simple. I put my reputation on the line as well by recommending Middletown Cycle to others. I don't do that lightly! Especially since they are my go-to dealer. And if there's a change in status that should be identified and I think others should know that as well since there are so few BRP dealers that deserve recommendations. I do think the fact Aaron called you speaks volumns in your situation. Hopefully you'll give him a chance to listen to your concerns...but of course that is your choice.

I would look forward to meeting you while in the area. Will probably be heading your direction either this Sat or Sun. I'll PM you. I'm always in for a road trip to Middletown. I have stopped in there before only to say hi to the crew. Keeping a good relationship with a service department is a two way street!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am not sure about your calculator but everything should add up just fine. Russ knew my bike wasnt fixed, he told me to ride it and tell him what I thought, it still had the vibration, I didnt leave it there because I wanted my brand new bike bike to ride so I got the rear tire balanced, it was the only one with no weights. I knew it had to be a out of balance tire, I didnt talk to Aaron because I wanted to have all the facts. The fact is the balance fixed it. Maybe they need different weights who knows but my bike is fixed and I am happy. I just want to trust those guys with my bike for warranty repairs, I am sure I can take care of the rest. I will speak with Aaron today and I do appreciate his phone call. From this point I dont really want to talk about it anymore, if you want t o talk about the 3000 dollars worth of cool **** I just added to it and how I deleted my rear fender yesterday we can talk about that but there is no use beating this dead horse anymore. Thanks for all your support!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

By the way that tool my friend has is your common tool to check tension, pro motion maybe, he looked up the specs per the bulletin and did his own math to calculate the tension, I would be willing to bet its pretty damn close. The tool is 30 bucks, I just ordered one for myself. No need for the sonic meter thats 500. Once I figure out how to do it myself I will post the directions for all the do it yourselfers!

Spyder Garage

...I just ordered one for myself. No need for the sonic meter thats 500. Once I figure out how to do it myself I will post the directions for all the do it yourselfers!
    I'd love to see that. Good luck in figuring it out.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

By the way that tool my friend has is your common tool to check tension, pro motion maybe, he looked up the specs per the bulletin and did his own math to calculate the tension, I would be willing to bet its pretty damn close. The tool is 30 bucks, I just ordered one for myself. No need for the sonic meter thats 500. Once I figure out how to do it myself I will post the directions for all the do it yourselfers!
    THIS may help
    More info
    Some pix of tool

good luck!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Its not too hard depending on your mechanical capabilities, I did talk to Aaron today and he assured me that if my bike is in for service that it will be handled with care. I do appreciate that he understood my point and I def understand how things happen in a service dept. Hopefully he can help me out on some add on parts and give me a good deal, thats all you can ever ask for.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

ITS all in how u approach them, sounds like you'll getting some goodies like I did. i would like to see some pix of you bike and your new fender.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I will post some in the next couple days, I got the lic plate relocate from evoluzione, couple of chrome and billet pieces and the all black wheels, looks pretty cool. I think my next thing is going to be new grips and pegs. I like the xoprodux stuff. I really like the color combo on your bike. It looked really sharp in the shop that day.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

i I went with the widow pegs front and rear, looking uo the xoptodox stuff now, never heard of them, are you still the forced air duct, i thought about it but liked my fog lights better.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Go on meancycles.com, i think i am going to get the black pegs and grips with the spikes on the end, they are a tad pricey, it will be around 450 bucks but i think it will be a nice upgrade. I have the exoluzione cold air kit, no tubes required, I am struggling alittle with the tune, should have it figured out soon tho. PM me some time and we will take a ride.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Good luck with tune What part of town are you in>

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Same as you fairfield, I my main office is on rt 4!