Who wants to ride? I am in Cincinnati

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Bellefontaine Ohio

Hello

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile

How you doing? I am also in Cincinnati drop me a line if you want to go for a ride somtimes. 513-349-7777 I am in the Forest Park area.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just south of Dayton

Registered Users Country Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Lebanon...

So what is just south of Cincy? I am in Lebanon.

CS
    If life is a journey.....I am lovin' the ride.

VERY HAPPY OWNER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

South of Dayton, I'm in Centerville, close to Springboro.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Country Spyder View Post
    So what is just south of Cincy?
    Kentucky

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

In Columbus - but willing to make the trek to Cincinnati on the next warm weekend (if we have another one).

Spyder Garage

Talking Hello from Northern Ohio

Hey Guys,
    I am up here in Northern, OH (Akron) and would be amenable to riding. I could get to Columbus. Some of the best riding is over near Ohio University and Hocking Hills. Anybody going there?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Hello from Fairfield

My wife and I both ride and live here in Fairfield,oh
    513-310-5559

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Bonehead, did I see you spyder in middletown getting a juice box pro put on?? Mine was in there at the same time!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default YES

WHAT BIKE WAS YOURS

yeap i had them put a JBP on, the bike was running like crap. was your bike there getting black rims on itwelcome
    Last edited by bonehead; 07-12-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

IT IS RED AND BLACK, THEY WERE PUTTING BLACK WHEELS ON IT AND INSTALLING THE JUICE BOX, THEY DIDNT TUNE THE JUICE BOX CORRECTLY SO WHEN I CAME HOME I REMAPPED MINE WITH MY LAPTOP.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default re mapp

they dids mine too, but when i got home i changed it back to posotion 3 and it runs perfect.
    how did you re-map.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I LEANED MINE OUT ALITTLE BETWEEN 5 AND 8K RPMS, SEEMS TO RUN REALLY GOOD, BIG TORQUE DIFFERENCE, I THINK I AM GOING TO GET THE COLD AIR KIT FROM KEWLMETAL, I DO NOTICE THAT THE BIKE RUNS HOT AND MAYBE LOSING THAT BULKY AIR FILTER HOUSING WILL LET SOME MUCH NEEDED AIR IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default air box

if u have foglights you'll to remove them to MMG AIR TUBE

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I AM GOING TO USE THE EVOLUZIONE COLD AIR KIT, SHOULD SOUND PRETTY COOL, WHO KNOWS, I AM A CAR GUY, I AM JUST LEARNING ON THIS BIKE ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM EVERYTHING ELSE. I HAVENT BEEN HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE AT MIDDLETOWN, I REALLY DONT THINK THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, HOW WAS YOUR SERVICE VISIT?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NITSPYDER View Post
    I AM GOING TO USE THE EVOLUZIONE COLD AIR KIT, SHOULD SOUND PRETTY COOL, WHO KNOWS, I AM A CAR GUY, I AM JUST LEARNING ON THIS BIKE ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM EVERYTHING ELSE. I HAVENT BEEN HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE AT MIDDLETOWN, I REALLY DONT THINK THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, HOW WAS YOUR SERVICE VISIT?
    Really?

I have nothing but good things to say about Russ n Co at Middletown. In fact I gave them high marks, enough to say they should be considered one of those few and far between "real" BRP dealers that treat their customers the right way on this forum.

I would be VERY interested in your experience..including any details. Believe me, I am willing to drive to their front door to have a one-on-one talk with Aaron the owner about it.

(That's worth the 200 miles round trip for me to get answers) If they treated you bad I'd like to give them and legitimate chance to make it right or they will lose my endorsement too.

Registered Users Country Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Middletown Cycle

I second logic!!

Russ and the crew at Middletown has been nothing but great! It my be the new Renegade that I just bough from them, but they always take great care of me!!!

Just remeber that BRP supply chain issues should not be taken out on the bike shops...

Thanks MC!!!

anyone up for a ride if the temp ever drops below 85?

CS
    If life is a journey.....I am lovin' the ride.

VERY HAPPY OWNER

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

First off my juice box settings were wrong when I got the bike back, I just purchased it 2 weeks ago, I put 500 miles on the first week so I let them do the first service, I purchased phantom wheels so I had them install them at the same time. Sales guy lied to me at the time of purchase, when I got the bike back from the first service with the new wheels there was a terrible vibration at 60mph, so that tells me they didnt test drive the bike to check their work. I took it back that following sunday and dropped it off because the black sprocket cover was wrong so I had them address the vibration at the same time. I got the bike back Thursday, still have the same vibration, same speed, same everything. I guess my expectations are a little high, I have been in automotive service departments my whole adult life and I guess I expect to be treated the same way I have treated my customers over the years but I cant say that I would recommend them at this point. I guess its a disappointment more than anything that I just dropped over 20k in their dealership and my brand new bike has a vibration due to no wheel weights on the back wheel!! I will handle the vibration myself at this point and hope that they can improve their service department. I do love my bike though!!

Spyder Garage

First off my juice box settings were wrong when I got the bike back, I just purchased it 2 weeks ago, I put 500 miles on the first week so I let them do the first service, I purchased phantom wheels so I had them install them at the same time. Sales guy lied to me at the time of purchase, when I got the bike back from the first service with the new wheels there was a terrible vibration at 60mph, so that tells me they didnt test drive the bike to check their work. I took it back that following sunday and dropped it off because the black sprocket cover was wrong so I had them address the vibration at the same time. I got the bike back Thursday, still have the same vibration, same speed, same everything. I guess my expectations are a little high, I have been in automotive service departments my whole adult life and I guess I expect to be treated the same way I have treated my customers over the years but I cant say that I would recommend them at this point. I guess its a disappointment more than anything that I just dropped over 20k in their dealership and my brand new bike has a vibration due to no wheel weights on the back wheel!! I will handle the vibration myself at this point and hope that they can improve their service department. I do love my bike though!!
    PM sent...

You do realize there is the possibility your rear wheel actually did not require any balancing weights to be balanced. The vibration could be due to something else completely. Did you specifically TELL them the vibration was at 60 MPH?

I'm in shock the same place that treats me like a king could treat someone else so bad. This kind of thing really bothers me and once I get more details about the situation I will confront Aaron the owner face-to-face. If the complaint is legitimate and they really are snubbing their collective noses at a customer, I'm all for jumping on the bandwagon to burn them at the stake. But not before giving them a chance to make it right.

there are three sides to every story...yours, theirs, and the facts.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I EVEN HELPED THEM DIAGNOSE IT, LIKE I SAID I WAS A SERVICE MANAGER FOR TEN YEARS, I KNOW HOW TO CONVEY A ISSUE WITH SOMETHING WHERE STEVIE WONDER COULD EVEN SEE IT. I EVEN TOLD HIM I HAD THE BIKE UP TO 60 MPH AND PUT IT IN NEUTRAL AND THE VIBRATION WAS STILL THERE, WHICH WOULD INDICATE A WHEEL/TIRE ISSUE. I ASKED IF HE CHECKED BELT TENSION, HE SAID YES, BESIDES THOSE 2 THINGS WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE?? NO VIBRATION BEFORE WHEELS AND TIRES, NOW THERES A VIBRATION. AFTER I BALANCE THE REAR TIRE TOMORROW, I WILL LET ALL KNOW THE RESULTS. I AM 100 PERCENT SURE THATS THE ISSUE. THEN I AM GOING TO MAKE A PHONE CALL TO MIDDLETOWN AND THEY CAN SEND ME 120 BUCKS FOR THE MOUNT AND BALANCING OF THE TIRES THAT THEY CHARGED. I DONT REALLY EVER GET WORK DONE ANYWHERE I JUST DO IT MYSELF AND I HAVE SUCH HIGH EXPECTATIONS THEY COULD BE A LITTLE HARD TO MEET. BUT WHEN WE ALL SPEND THIS KIND OF MONEY ON A RECREATIONAL VEHICLE SHOULDNT WE HAVE HIGH EXPECTATIONS?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

ALSO IN MY BUSINESS NOW, WHICH IS STILL CAR BUSINESS, IF I HAD A CUSTOMER THAT JUST BOUGHT A CAR AND THEY HAD A ISSUE LIKE THIS YOU CAN BET THEY WOULD HAVE ALREADY MADE A BBB OR ATTORNEY GENERAL COMLAINT. I HAVENT BEEN CRAPPY WITH THEM AT ALL, I HAVE BEEN AGREEABLE AND TRIED NOT TO LOSE MY TEMPER OR BE A JACKASS. RUSS IS A NICE BUY AND SEEMS TO MEAN WELL BUT RESULTS ARE RESULTS AND WHEN YOU ARE STILL HAVING THE SAME ISSUE THAT YOU TOOK THE BIKE IN FOR THERE IS A PROBLEM.

Spyder Garage

PM sent...

Appreciate your candor. No one but the owner can make things right and I find it extremely hard to believe if Aaron knew about all this crap (and the bad publicity he's getting about it) he would fall all over himself to make it right with you.

So did you speak with Aaron??

ALSO IN MY BUSINESS NOW, WHICH IS STILL CAR BUSINESS, IF I HAD A CUSTOMER THAT JUST BOUGHT A CAR AND THEY HAD A ISSUE LIKE THIS YOU CAN BET THEY WOULD HAVE ALREADY MADE A BBB OR ATTORNEY GENERAL COMLAINT. I HAVENT BEEN CRAPPY WITH THEM AT ALL, I HAVE BEEN AGREEABLE AND TRIED NOT TO LOSE MY TEMPER OR BE A JACKASS. RUSS IS A NICE BUY AND SEEMS TO MEAN WELL BUT RESULTS ARE RESULTS AND WHEN YOU ARE STILL HAVING THE SAME ISSUE THAT YOU TOOK THE BIKE IN FOR THERE IS A PROBLEM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

No I try not to whine about things if I can help from it, thats why I didnt even tell bonehead the whole story I just asked if the service he got was up to his standard. I am really not trying to give them bad press but if they cant balance tires how can I expect them to fix something major that happens. I guess its more of a trust issue than anything.