Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    http://www.motorcycledave.com/

A great guy. He can set you straight on all things Bluetooth.

The SR 10 is a mono module that allows connecting to a CB radio.
    He cannot supply the BT dongle SM10 cable to the BRP radio!
    Dave is great and I have talked with him. Alas SENA for some reason wont make the needed cable!
    I have supplied all the technical data to make the cable.

In the end BE AWARE... You cannot buy off the shelf SM10 and make it work without the dongle cable.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Didn't I make you a cable?
    It sounds to me like your SENA SM10 is hooked to your speaker output.

Trust no one I have made a cable for does what yours does.
    If you are using a BT dongle to RD0-2 no way does it work that way. So I am at a loss on what you have. But knowing Radio Sound and their many issues with this radio, I guess I would not put it past them to have software changes. Consider yourself lucky!

Bob

Yes, you did make me a cable. A very well built one I must add. Thanks. No ideas, just glad its working the way it does.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sena cannot sell the needed cable because they are probably under contract to supply the cable only to BRP and no one else.
    BRP might own the cable design and get sena to manufacture it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Sena cannot sell the needed cable because they are probably under contract to supply the cable only to BRP and no one else.
    BRP might own the cable design and get sena to manufacture it.
    Actually a member here sent me a BRP BT cable set. The cables are not made by Sena but some cable company BRP contracts (I dont remember the name off the top of my head and don't have the cable in hand right now). But you still could be right that they have a no-compete clause with Sena for buying SM10's rebranded.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vidman View Post
    I have the Midland portable cb and SE10 in the trunk. Firestick NGP antenna with mirror mount on the luggage rack. Extension ptt cable from SR10 to the ptt button strapped to the handle grip.

Still have to mount the SR10 and radio. Right now they are loose in trunk. I had thought about mounting up from but Marker reminded me the radio is not water resistant.

Chuck
    How did you mount the PTT button and where did you run the cable?
    How did you get the PTT wire and antenna cable into your trunk?
    I like the idea of your install. I think I want to match it.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

The PTT button with the SR10 has a rubber strap. I mount it on the left handlebar. I purchased the PTT extension cable from Sena and run this under my seat to the trunk.

The Firestick is mounted to my luggage rack and wire into the trunk. It is important NOT to cut or coil the wire. Leave it in a "bow tie" type coil. It comes this way.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Spyder Garage

Here is where I mounted my PTT button. Right next to the OEM PTT. I ran the wires inside the handle bar cover and under the seat into the rear trunk where I will mount the SENA SR10 and radio.

IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

Default Strange..... SM10 and SR 10 don't play together weell.

I have my SMH-10 headset paired to the SM-10 on the motorcycle for audio, one other SMH-10 headset and my cell phone.
    All this works well.
    I have a Midland CB with the SR-10 module.
    When I try to pair the SR-10 module, it will go ahead and pair alright, but it tosses my cell phone out of the mix.
    It seems I can have my cell phone OR the CB radio, but not both. (Talk about First World problems)
    Am I doing something wrong ?
    Last edited by ThreeWheels; 09-08-2014 at 04:20 AM.
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

I have my SMH-10 headset paired to the SM-10 on the motorcycle for audio, one other SMH-10 headset and my cell phone.
    All this works well.
    I have a Midland CB with the SR-10 module.
    When I try to pair the SR-10 module, it will go ahead and pair alright, but it tosses my cell phone out of the mix.
    It seems I can have my cell phone OR the CB radio, but not both. (Talk about First World problems)
    Am I doing something wrong ?

No, the SMH-10 headsets can only function as one Hands Free Device (two way coms) at a time. The SR-10 module and your cell phone both use the same link.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    No, the SMH-10 headsets can only function as one Hands Free Device (two way coms) at a time. The SR-10 module and your cell phone both use the same link.
    I wonder if I can use the SR 10 for the CB AND the cell phone, and then make one connection between the SR 10 and the headset.
    This is starting to give me a headache.
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

Default There is an old saying in Engineering...............

I wonder if I can use the SR 10 for the CB AND the cell phone, and then make one connection between the SR 10 and the headset.
    This is starting to give me a headache.
    When you've tried everything, nothing works and all seems lost.............READ THE DIRECTIONS !

In the manual for the SMH-10 page 12, the SMH-10 has "Multipoint pairing"

This allows for TWO HFP profiles, a mobile phone and the SR-10.

Pretty cool.

I'm wondering, how is the 20S better than the SMH-10 ?
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

I just updated to the latest firmware on the SMH-10.
    I wish I had done it before SpyderQuest.
    What a difference.
    The audio has more volume.
    No more dropouts of the audio ( or at least none immediately detected )
    No more snap crackle and pop in the intercom system.
    I'm liking this bluetooth more and more.
    IBA #47122

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave here
    I can help you with the info. you need and the products you need.
    Call me anytime but please remember I am on the west coast , California
    remember the time zone. 209-887-3283
    Dave

Am I correct ?
    There is NO CB.
    And the intercom is Bluetooth only ?

Has anyone installed a StarCom or something else ?

Spyder Garage

When you've tried everything, nothing works and all seems lost.............READ THE DIRECTIONS !

In the manual for the SMH-10 page 12, the SMH-10 has "Multipoint pairing"

This allows for TWO HFP profiles, a mobile phone and the SR-10.

Pretty cool.

I'm wondering, how is the 20S better than the SMH-10 ?
    i bought a Sena 20s about a month ago and have used it everyday. LOVE IT! Works great with an IPhone 5 and the Zumo GPS. My BT dongle comes in tomorrow. Will wire it up in the truck with my Midland portable and a PTT run through the seat and handlebars, mounted under the OEM PTT button.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Hi Dave here
    I can help you with the info. you need and the products you need.
    Call me anytime but please remember I am on the west coast , California
    remember the time zone. 209-887-3283
    Dave
    Thanks Dave. I've already bought my SR-10 from you along with the extended PTT cable.
    Excellent service !
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

(forgive the thread jack)

I installed my BT dongle this evening...pretty easy if running it to the truck instead of the frunk. Works great with the Sena 20s.

I thought I read somewhere in this thread that the volume control on the handlebars would increase the volume? Is that correct? It doesn't on mine. I can mute it from the handlebars...but not adjust the volume. I'm using the 4 pole plug to the aux bay.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jedye View Post
    (forgive the thread jack)

I installed my BT dongle this evening...pretty easy if running it to the truck instead of the frunk. Works great with the Sena 20s.

I thought I read somewhere in this thread that the volume control on the handlebars would increase the volume? Is that correct? It doesn't on mine. I can mute it from the handlebars...but not adjust the volume. I'm using the 4 pole plug to the aux bay.
    JThorne says his will adjust but mine will not also and I never heard of anyone else being able to adjust the volume to the Sena SM10 via the handle bars. The output from the radio to the Sena is not volume adjustable. So this is normal that you cannot adjust it only mute it. This is why the Sena headsets have a volume knob. You adjust it there which makes sense anyway so all inputs don't have different volumes! Imaging adjusting your headset when talking to your passenger and then switching to the radio and it's too load. Then the GPS kicks in and it is too soft, etc....

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    JThorne says his will adjust but mine will not also and I never heard of anyone else being able to adjust the volume to the Sena SM10 via the handle bars. The output from the radio to the Sena is not volume adjustable. So this is normal that you cannot adjust it only mute it. This is why the Sena headsets have a volume knob. You adjust it there which makes sense anyway so all inputs don't have different volumes! Imaging adjusting your headset when talking to your passenger and then switching to the radio and it's too load. Then the GPS kicks in and it is too soft, etc....

Bob
    That makes sense. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

I'm in Springfield, Missouri for the Lamonster's BBQ and waiting out the rain to leave for home. My incentive is my dealer is currently build my 2014 cognac Rt- Ltd for which I ordered the CB. I will be able to get the ltd the middle of next week but cb will not arrive until October 27. This per a call to them yesterday morning. I will have to take it back for the install it which will include the entertainment harness. I was thinking of going Bluetooth but decided to go with the cb and keep my existing wired headsets. JMHO

2010 RT-S, Timeless Black and matching RT-622 trailer.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Am I correct ?
    There is NO CB.
    And the intercom is Bluetooth only ?

Has anyone installed a StarCom or something else ?
    I have just installed a Starcom system on my 14 RT-S. Works really nice I also have a Sirus/XM feed into the Starcom. I have wires cause they don't get or emit any interference with anything. Only real down side is I do get a slight ignition pop, but very slight.

Spyder Garage

I would like to ask you all about the volume. I have been using bluetooth SMH10's for helmet to helmet with the missis and it has works great.
    I went to the expense of purchasing the 'BRP bluetooth dongle for audio system' from a EBAY dealer and installed the SM10 in the truck of the 2014 RT. I coiled in a circle the excess cable from the radio and placed below the R speaker behind the radio unit.
    I am disappointed in the volume of the radio through the helmet speakers. The helmet speakers are placed properly and I can get excellent intercom with the other rider, even at speed, but even when the RT radio external speakers are off and the radio volume is turned to maximum, there is not enough volume to hear the radio when at speed. Also while listening to the radio there is no intercom. I have to press the volume control on the SMH to turn off radio and then can have intercom conversation and press again to hear radio.
    Questions: Would the coil of the cable from radio to SM10 effect volume?
    Would the sequence of syncing SMH10 and Iphone effect volume of radio through headsets?
    2014 Pearl White RT, TriAxis handlebar, BaJaron Bar&Links, Spyderpops belt guard, bumpskid & stainless grilles, Seal Dlx boards, JT's Dash Mount, SmoothSpyder belt tensioner, HMT brake, TricFender led's, mudflap lights, air horn, Squared Away laser alignment

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Concerning the radio and intercom, that's the way the SMH10 works, it's either the radio or the intercom, not both at the same time.

Apparently, the new S20 lets you hear both.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sscheuer47 View Post
    I would like to ask you all about the volume. I have been using bluetooth SMH10's for helmet to helmet with the missis and it has works great.
    I went to the expense of purchasing the 'BRP bluetooth dongle for audio system' from a EBAY dealer and installed the SM10 in the truck of the 2014 RT. I coiled in a circle the excess cable from the radio and placed below the R speaker behind the radio unit.
    I am disappointed in the volume of the radio through the helmet speakers. The helmet speakers are placed properly and I can get excellent intercom with the other rider, even at speed, but even when the RT radio external speakers are off and the radio volume is turned to maximum, there is not enough volume to hear the radio when at speed. Also while listening to the radio there is no intercom. I have to press the volume control on the SMH to turn off radio and then can have intercom conversation and press again to hear radio.
    Questions: Would the coil of the cable from radio to SM10 effect volume?
    Would the sequence of syncing SMH10 and Iphone effect volume of radio through headsets?
    Tried again today. Pressed the inner button on the SM10 and that did increase the volume in the speakers. Could be more for these tired ears. Will look into a booster of some sorts.
    2014 Pearl White RT, TriAxis handlebar, BaJaron Bar&Links, Spyderpops belt guard, bumpskid & stainless grilles, Seal Dlx boards, JT's Dash Mount, SmoothSpyder belt tensioner, HMT brake, TricFender led's, mudflap lights, air horn, Squared Away laser alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sscheuer47 View Post
    Tried again today. Pressed the inner button on the SM10 and that did increase the volume in the speakers. Could be more for these tired ears. Will look into a booster of some sorts.
    Yes. Pressing the inner button of the SM10 increases volume. You can also increase the volume by connecting your audio source to the aux input of the SM10 instead of using the audio in.
    The PTT (push to talk) intercom works exactly as you state. Press the volume button and then talk. You can place the headset in VOX mode which starts the intercom when it detects your voice, but I've never found any VOX system I like and prefer PTT.
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

Yes. Pressing the inner button of the SM10 increases volume. You can also increase the volume by connecting your audio source to the aux input of the SM10 instead of using the audio in.
    The PTT (push to talk) intercom works exactly as you state. Press the volume button and then talk. You can place the headset in VOX mode which starts the intercom when it detects your voice, but I've never found any VOX system I like and prefer PTT.
    +100, you do not have to turn your radio off at the handlebars to talk. Just push the jog dial and it will turn on the intercom and you can talk. To get the radio again press the jog dial again. If you want that to happen without pressing as ThreeWheels said enable VOX.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black