Spyder Garage

Default it's tire time now what do i do

almost 12000 miles and it's time for tires especially rear....do I stick to kendas or go another route...looking at kumho ast 225/50/15 with either solus kh16 or solus ta31 185/65/14 up front or do I go with Michelin defenders 215/60/15 rear and 185/65/14 fronts tire rack doesn't recommend either and says it will not warrenty said products something to do with the sidewalls

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Youy need to contact rnet...
    He's in Accord, and is also a site sponsor!
    He's close enough to almost be in your back yard, and it's a nice ride from your home to his...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Change them..!!

I am sticking with Kendas they have worked well for me. There are no end to posts on the subject but unless you have a favorite friend here you will have to find your own. Bob got you a good lead go for it...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Youy need to contact rnet...
    He's in Accord, and is also a site sponsor!
    He's close enough to almost be in your back yard, and it's a nice ride from your home to his...
    Bob (or Gene),

I may well want to visit "rnet" in Accord, NY one day and it's not that far from me - less than a 3 hour ride up 209 from the Allentown/Bethlehem area.

I'm not being critical here, but, I am curious..... How would one know that he is a site sponsor? I always thought site sponsors were the vendors with ads on the home page, but there must be more than that and I don't know how to find them.

I did find one thread (only one) that he started in the vendor section, but I would not have known to look for it had it not been for your post here. He does list a facebook page in his message and from that I surmised that he has a business called Netzley Tire. (The facebook page has some pictures of Spyders but makes no mention that he works on them.)

So what am I missing here? If I were in the market for his services, how would/should I have discovered him on my own, if you had not just now posted about him in this current thread?
    Last edited by robmorg; 09-02-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It can be tough to track down the sponsors, when we all know them by their screen names in here...
    I'll admit to having the luxury of information beyond what might be commonly available... (He's a good, close friend!)
    I also know that he's in the midst of nailing together everything for SpyderQuest right now.
    He's pretty busy; but if you're in Lake George in a bit over a week...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Here's an interesting Consumer Reports article on the Michelin Premier A/S tire. Looks very good, but isn't available in the Spyder's sizes.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...ginMethod=auto

The Michelin Defender is also an excellent tire. For the rear, you would need to go with a 215/60R15 to make it fit. I found this size also true'd my speedometer, now showing the same speed or only 1 MPH different than my GPS.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by White Lightening View Post
    He is on the home page, most of the way to the bottom.
    Thanks. I see it now. The ad was a little hard to make out on the small screen I was using at the time.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    ...but if you're in Lake George in a bit over a week...
    Thanks. I get your drift , but that's not gonna happen. Maybe another year. Are you gonna ride up for a day?

I did make a note of how to contact Ron Netzley. I will probably be riding up to pay him a visit at some point in the future.
    Last edited by robmorg; 09-03-2014 at 07:12 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rwbcats View Post
    almost 12000 miles and it's time for tires especially rear....do I stick to kendas or go another route...looking at kumho ast 225/50/15 with either solus kh16 or solus ta31 185/65/14 up front or do I go with Michelin defenders 215/60/15 rear and 185/65/14 fronts tire rack doesn't recommend either and says it will not warrenty said products something to do with the sidewalls
    Three times I have ridden the Kumho AST over 25000 miles as my rear tire.. beats changing tires every 10000 miles
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default rear tire

Quote Originally Posted by rwbcats View Post
    I may be to late but I put a nitto nt 450 205/55/15r on my new 14 rt and the speedo and rpm's match the kendas perfectly. good tire good on wet and dry roads. took about 600 mi. to brake in now even better. got the tire at big O tire , 105 plus tax took to my dealer and had it mounted 90. total 195 and I don't look to change it for 30,000 mi. at the soonest. tire is so close to the same width as the old junk kenda you can't even measure the difference. and don't tell them what your buying the tire for. good luck.
    Last edited by lchain; 09-04-2014 at 08:40 PM.