Thread: Tri Axis Bars

Spyder Garage

Default Tri Axis Bars

Amazon has the black tri axis bars for $524.99. Went to my dealer and he would match the price. But they were on back order did not know for sure when they would come in maybe a month or so. He has a set of chrome one's in the box that I can get for $645.00. What I would like to know does the sun reflect off the chrome one's and cause a blind spot. What do you think about the price and are the chrome as good as the black as far as rust. Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd be concerned about reflections from the chrome...
    What sort of helmet do you wear? If you've got a full-face or a modular; the chinguard might just block your vision of it...
    Don't get me wrong... I love shiny stuff!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    Amazon has the black tri axis bars for $524.99. Went to my dealer and he would match the price. But they were on back order did not know for sure when they would come in maybe a month or so. He has a set of chrome one's in the box that I can get for $645.00. What I would like to know does the sun reflect off the chrome one's and cause a blind spot. What do you think about the price and are the chrome as good as the black as far as rust. Thanks
    I have the black ones & sometimes get a reflection off of the center screen but nothing big

Spyder Garage

I went with black as well because I did not want reflections. Having said that I talked to a local guy here that said he had no issues with the chrome and reflections.

Also $524 is not that great a deal. List is $599 (for the black).
    I got mine for $450 on Ebay brand new. There are a few dealers on there selling them for list but they have a "make offer" button on the sale ad and I made an offer for $400 and they rejected it. I made an offer for $450 and they took it.

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 09-04-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    I had the chrome ones on my 2012 and the blinded me terribly in the Florida sun. I loved the adjustment but wished I had never gone chrome
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

I have the chrome ones and I have never noticed any reflection from them.
    I have been asked this question many times and for me it hasn't been an issue at all.
    I wear a 1/2 helmet and good wrap-around sunglasses...

As for the price $645 is a good price
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default I have the black tri axis handlebars - they're great

I don't know about the chrome ones in regard to reflections, but I have to say the black tri axis bars have really helped my neck and upper back pain on long trips! The stock bars were too far forward for me and a little low.

Good luck with your decision......
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I went with black as well because I did not want reflections. Having said that I talked to a local guy here that said he had no issues with the chrome and reflections.

Also $524 is not that great a deal. List is $599 (for the black).
    I got mine for $450 on Ebay brand new. There are a few dealers on there selling them for list but they have a "make offer" button on the sale ad and I made an offer for $400 and they rejected it. I made an offer for $450 and they took it.

Bob
    In looking on Amazon, E-Bat etc. they indicate that they are for 2013 and BEFORE. Do they fit on 2014?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsd1 View Post
    In looking on Amazon, E-Bat etc. they indicate that they are for 2013 and BEFORE. Do they fit on 2014?
    Yes they will fit.

I have the chrome ones and have never had reflection issues.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsd1 View Post
    That's probably a result of "Old Ad Copy"...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black