Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Canister ?

Spyder Garage

Default Fuel Canister ?

No offence to McGuyver , But this may work better than a Pepsi bottle . It made the 1600 mile trip in the back of the trailer on the SITR trip this week with no spills , if it holds Vodka why not fuel ? just a thought .
    Fuel Canister 002.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FUEL CANISTER

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    No offence to McGuyver , But this may work better than a Pepsi bottle . It made the 1600 mile trip in the back of the trailer on the SITR trip this week with no spills , if it holds Vodka why not fuel ? just a thought .
    Fuel Canister 002.jpg
    .......Absolutely No Offense taken......I admire others who can think out of the BOX ...Mikeguyver Question >>>>>>>...How much does it hold ......and what brand is it ??????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They make some water bottles similar to that too. It would likely work with no issues.
    I wonder if you'd have any issues at the fuel station filling up a "non-approved" fuel can?

Spyder Garage

Default ALUMINUM WATER BOTTLES

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    They make some water bottles similar to that too. It would likely work with no issues.
    I wonder if you'd have any issues at the fuel station filling up a "non-approved" fuel can?
    ....I have the above also ....however they only hold 22 oz.......which in my area is enough to prevent walking........I bought mine at the " Dollar " store for ....guess how much ???????.......................Mikeguyver ..............................I never filled mine at the gas pumps .....they fill way to fast.....always did it at home from a reg. gas can and funnel.......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just don't mistake it for water....lol

Spyder Garage

Default NO CLUE

I HAVE NO CLUE AS TO WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.....

BUT I'LL DRINK TO THAT.....

Spyder Garage

This is much cheaper, purpose built, no issues with 'illegal' filling and no shelf life issues:

http://www.amazon.com/6527238-TruFue.../dp/B006GI0TEM

Wife and I each carry one in the side saddle bag. They are fully sealed and no smell.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default More fuel..!!

extra fuel....so Spyd3r make sure befor you take that drink....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default BURP

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    extra fuel....so Spyd3r make sure befor you take that drink....
    BURP...........................GAS IS NASTY TASTING.......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    This is much cheaper, purpose built, no issues with 'illegal' filling and no shelf life issues:

Wife and I each carry one in the side saddle bag. They are fully sealed and no smell.

I use this same thing, works great.

I use it every week in a generator for work also.

You can usually buy it at a lawn service shop or some Lowes/Home Depot stores.

Vodka can would probably get me in trouble when I have to pull out my registration....lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    Fuel Canister 002.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .......Absolutely No Offense taken......I admire others who can think out of the BOX ...Mikeguyver Question >>>>>>>...How much does it hold ......and what brand is it ??????
    That's illegal in so many ways. ATFE call it a bomb making and transporting it is just the start. If you get into an accident that's and it starts a fire and someone dies, Y'al will have a new address with bars on the windows. They do make 1 gal. gas cans witch are legal to carry. That's IMHO.

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They won't call it a bomb ...
    They'd just chalk it up to somebody hauling fuel in an unauthorized container...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Holder

I have a friend that rides an old Harley with a split gas tank. He puts gas in the left side and booze in the right. He has a pet-cock to get the booze out into a glass or what ever. You can just barely see it in the pic.

Dave-edy-and-me.jpg

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Be careful if storing a can of Trufuel in the frunk, the neck of the can will separate from the body of the can if bumped hard. I managed to do just that by accidently dropping a 20 inch section of a 2x4 on one while working in my shop. Don't know about the vodka can, but looking at the picture it looks stronger than the Trufuel can.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Dinky dinky fuel can

With the dunderhead mentalitv of the US Government today I would not even consider it. Home land security is looking for excuses.

besides if you had an accident and a fire resulted even if it was a improvement over a authorized one. What are you willing to spend to fight the battle in court for just to save a couple of dollars for a cheap gas container for? Just another opinion to consider!

Spyder Garage

The pure-gas App will show you where to buy gas, anywhere in the US. Couple that with a REDA or similar gas can, and you are in business. Never had mine leak, or smell (unless I dumped gas all over the outside! Remember to fill the can BEFORE your fill your scotch glass....)
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HuckFin View Post
    Be careful if storing a can of Trufuel in the frunk, the neck of the can will separate from the body of the can if bumped hard. I managed to do just that by accidently dropping a 20 inch section of a 2x4 on one while working in my shop. Don't know about the vodka can, but looking at the picture it looks stronger than the Trufuel can.

I don't carry any 2x4's in my frunk.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    I don't carry any 2x4's in my frunk.

How about 2x6s? same thing. 4x4s are even worse. even if a six pack of beer should fall on a can of Trufuel...game over!

Spyder Garage

1.75 Liters and the Brand is called KRU 82 , I am not a big Vodka fan but I just could not pass it up as we passed through the California Border and ALL Star Liquor Stop at $17.00 I figured what the heck !
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    That's illegal in so many ways. ATFE call it a bomb making and transporting it is just the start. If you get into an accident that's and it starts a fire and someone dies, Y'al will have a new address with bars on the windows. They do make 1 gal. gas cans witch are legal to carry. That's IMHO.

Mike
    And I suppose you don't tear the labels off your pillows also ! .......... Just kidding....
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Mike
    ............So if you run out of gas ...you have to bring Govt. certified container or else tuff SH*T .................Maybe for you but not for me ...............Mikeguyver

Spyder Garage

Mike
    ............So if you run out of gas ...you have to bring Govt. certified container or else tuff SH*T .................Maybe for you but not for me ...............Mikeguyver
    I'm sorry Mike but that is the law. If I run out gas I call the three AAA's, and they will get gas to me I an hour or so. When I travel I plan for gas stops.
    The GOVT. can do anything want to. As of July 1st the government can control your and everyone bank accounts. They own the water, roads, health care, and now your money.

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They rarely invite Homeland Security to take a look at MVAs... If your bike caught fire; do you think that the local investigative authorities would be able to notice an unauthorized container?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default NOT PERSONAL

I'm sorry Mike but that is the law. If I run out gas I call the three AAA's, and they will get gas to me I an hour or so. When I travel I plan for gas stops.
    The GOVT. can do anything want to. As of July 1st the government can control your and everyone bank accounts. They own the water, roads, health care, and now your money.

Mike
    .......Mike I wasn't referring to anyone in particular......But in my case , what you offer has some problems ......# 1 , I don't have a cell phone , and one rarely runs out of gas right next to a pay phone .....then you also need change !!!!!......#2 , I don't have " AAA ".......and if you think there really is any truly safe container to transport gas ...there isn't ...not even the Gov't certified one between your legs or behind your " behind ".......................................Mikeguyver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post

These are a great idea and sell cheaper than Amazon at Home Depot and Lowes. They have a plastic pull tab seal under the cap as well. I would not store them on their side however as the whole top plastic assembly can rotate which tells me they would leak potentially...

Probably one of the best options if you know you are going through somewhere like Utah and need to carry extra gas once and not need to buy an expensive reusable metal fuel bottle or two... and as you use them you can dispose of them gaining that space back.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER