Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianami View Post
    Bought the new 2014 panels in March in California through a Can-Am dealer there. Built them in with a friend, and they do help in keeping the heat away from the upper panels, but I still get heat around the right anke, not so much that it bothers me but it is there despite the air vent panels. I had to buy them in black as they didn't carry them at that time in the pearl white of my machine, but I must admit I like the contrast. Bought the Can-Am decals in white and it looks cool. Hope you get yours for free my friend. I ended up putting out over $650.00. Wanted to ask you about some of your customization. Can you fill me in, or better yet, send a picture of what you have done to your wheels, and also the carbon work? Not familiar with some of the things you have done to your beast! Best from Bavaria! Rick

Vegas White, is what it is called now I think. I had mine installed on My (pearl White ST-L and it seems to be a perfect match. At least I cannot tell the difference.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 900Dave View Post
    Vegas White, is what it is called now I think. I had mine installed on My (pearl White ST-L and it seems to be a perfect match. At least I cannot tell the difference.

Its a shade off, I can see it from here.

Spyder Garage

After contacting BRP with my case # and nicely explaining the left side was also very hot on my knee and wife's ankle, and that my spyder was going to look funny with only the new right panel.
    I explained that the air box resonator totally blocks any air from coming in the left side to cool the exhaust and the new right side panel would only seem to push more hot air to the left side.
    Thanks BRP.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Its a shade off, I can see it from here.

Right after I posted that my wife told me she thinks it is a shade off. I told her to have a drink then she would not notice. I still cannot see a difference.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Right after I posted that my wife told me she thinks it is a shade off. I told her to have a drink then she would not notice. I still cannot see a difference.

Looks the same to me. Maybe should have told her to STOP drinking?

Spyder Garage

Default Just for ST ??

Is this fix just for the ST?
    (I have a 2013 RT)
    Are there any pictures of the new panels and the difference as compared to the old panels?
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LSommers30066 View Post
    Is this fix just for the ST?
    (I have a 2013 RT)
    Are there any pictures of the new panels and the difference as compared to the old panels?
    Thanks
    Old panels on the left, new on the right.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default The new panels are on

And they look great. Now, the next thing to get done is the cat delete but that will have to wait until next year.

By the way, she can't see a difference in the white panels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Just Doo Me View Post
    Well I called my dealer left a message mentioning about Jeff's claim#,still waiting for the call back.I know when I went to order the panels he asked me where I got the retro kit parts # number as he was unaware of them being available,but I ordered the circut yellow on a fri.they were in the dealers by tues..Then I called a BRP contact # 1-888-272-9222 off the BRP.ca website as the online form contact information would not go through,glad I did as they [Jennifer] was very helpful and put me through to someone who took my info. vin etc. opened a claim number and set me up for a refund on my purchase at the dealer.She mentioned [after I gave Jeff's claim #]that they very recently have made the panels a warranty claim.So for those that have purchased the panels already at their expense make sure you contact someone at BRP as a lot of dealers are unaware of this very recent development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve67 View Post
    A very nicely worded email to BRP care advising of the heat to the right leg and asking when they were going to be made available in pure magnesium is all it took for the new panels to be made available and installed as a good will jester by BRP. I had to wait about three months but in the end after a few follow up emails they were amazing with the customer care. Just had them installed by dealer and notice the difference already.....very happy spyder owner.....
    can you post pics of the new panels?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pwpalmbay View Post
    can you post pics of the new panels?

All the parts shown in first post here.... http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ew-Snoopy-Mods

Part numbers are different since they have a "kit" now.

Spyder Garage

Default panel parts

Where do parts 705007329 & 330 get installed, thanks
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Where do parts 705007329 & 330 get installed, thanks

They are the trim just inside the new vent opening (the first 2 parts shown in the thread).

Spyder Garage

Here's a pic of it...sorta. lol

Last edited by SNOOPY; 08-26-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Encouraging

Thanks you SO much for posting about the 2014 panels in Mag! And telling us about BRP stepping up and sending them at no cost. Very encouraging.

I sent off a note to BRP today in hopes they realize that only good things can come from quality customer care. When people ask me about my Spyder, I always tell them great things… except with one caveat, and that is the heat issue. I'd love to lose that caveat, and BRP should hope all its 2013 ST riders do too.

To me, it is not just a comfort issue, but a safety issue. When I take hard turns, I want to be able to press the outside leg flush against the panels to get a better lean. Sometimes it's so hot that I have to pull away, even in thick jeans. Not safe. And… this is after wrapping my exhaust and protecting my gas tank and oil reservoir with heat shielding.

Keeping my fingers crossed that BRP will do the right thing.

Spyder Garage

Default Air Duct Retrofit Kit

Here's the parts list for the Kit and how they are installed (very pictorial !!)
    Took me about 1.5 Hours to complete the retrofit.

ST_Panels_Page_2.jpg ST_Panels_Page_4.jpg
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

Nice

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Panels for the '13 ST-L came in...

The Panels for my gals '13 ST-L came in BUT were in black...her ryde is white. The dealer is reordering in the correct color (9/2 est delivery date) and will install once they're here.
    Nice to know BRP took care of this...even if it did take a bit of time.

I have a friend who paid for his replacement panels on his own dime a few months back and is now interested in how to obtain reimbursement.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default New airflow panels for 2013 ST-L

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsm69 View Post
    I just sent an email directly to brp.care@brp.com
    Just left the dealership after having the new panels installed. The process took about two weeks from first e-mail until installation. I followed my e-mail with a call to BRP. That is when they gave me Reference Number.

The trip home, in 90 degree weather, was much cooler. The fix seems to be working.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    The Panels for my gals '13 ST-L came in BUT were in black...her ryde is white. The dealer is reordering in the correct color (9/2 est delivery date) and will install once they're here.
    Nice to know BRP took care of this...even if it did take a bit of time.

I have a friend who paid for his replacement panels on his own dime a few months back and is now interested in how to obtain reimbursement.

Having done my own also, I sent an email to BRP. They contacted my dealer (for unknown reasons to me, because I didn't purchase them there)...still waiting...

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    I am so excited that BRP is stepping up to work with the 2013 ST riders...but there are several 2012 RS's that have major heat problems....come'on BRP do the right thing.....
    There are also problems with some of the 2011 RS's as well, including mine. I have sent 3 emails to BRP Cares with no response as of yet. I'm going to keep trying. Wish us luck. I'm glad to see them taking care of those with the ST Model, but there seems to be heat problems with some of every Model and we should not be ignored.
    Do you know if the new ST panels will fit on the RSS? Thanks and hope to meet you someday. I'm just down the road in Alvin.
    Bakerman

2011 RSS

Spyder Garage

Smile

I picked up '13 spyder from the dealer yesterday and drove it home with the new panels; about 75 miles. Very nice change, heat is management is a lot better. Very happy with this undertaking.

Thanks to everyone in this thread. It has been a gold mine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by The Bakerman View Post
    There are also problems with some of the 2011 RS's as well, including mine. I have sent 3 emails to BRP Cares with no response as of yet. I'm going to keep trying. Wish us luck. I'm glad to see them taking care of those with the ST Model, but there seems to be heat problems with some of every Model and we should not be ignored.
    Do you know if the new ST panels will fit on the RSS? Thanks and hope to meet you someday. I'm just down the road in Alvin.
    The 2013 ST panels fit the 2013 RS, if there were no changes between '11 and '13 they will fit. People here will know for sure though, just wait for a response.

Spyder Garage

read the majority of the thread...but nobody posted the Bulletin number, it would be nice to call a dealership with this in hand so they can look it up. anyone have it?

also, there are different part numbers for the different colors, can anyone post the part numbers with their corresponding colors?
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post
    read the majority of the thread...but nobody posted the Bulletin number, it would be nice to call a dealership with this in hand so they can look it up. anyone have it?

also, there are different part numbers for the different colors, can anyone post the part numbers with their corresponding colors?
    I just got off the phone with my dealership, there is no official service bulletin number, mine is a platinum dealership and because they got notified with my case number and a direct call from BRP, they are using my case number to replace all of their customer's panels under warranty, according to the owner, BRP is handling this on a case by case basis, so don't look for a bulletin number to be issued, you will need to get your own case number assigned to your individual dealership in order to get the new panels for yourself, bottom line is it's all about money

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited
    2009 GS , Iridium Plugs Red