Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Just Doo Me View Post
    Snoopy I bought my panels July 18th just called the contact number I gave in a previous post yesterday and will be reimbursed this week.I just mentioned I had a heat issue and also brought up the claim number Jeffsm69 posted, BRP refunds the dealer on a warranty claim,he gets paid for the instillation costs and I get a refund.

Sounds like I need to give it a shot.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Do the new panels have the Can Am sticker on the sides?
    They come with new stickers, I didn't want them on my bike, they will reside on my tool chest in my garage...lol

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited
    2009 GS , Iridium Plugs Red

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb My friend

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Sounds like I need to give it a shot.

My friend is owner of 2013 ST L, suffered from burn several times ( not so serious) but enough to keep her away from her bike.
    i sent her this thread, and copy of letter to BRP. She emailed customer care 2 days ago, yesterday her dealer called her and going to install the new panels August 28.
    she thanked me, and I'm thanking you all.
    wish more 2013 ST owners are made aware of that. We are great family.

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsm69 View Post
    They come with new stickers, I didn't want them on my bike, they will reside on my tool chest in my garage...lol
    Jeff have you gotten to ride...what do you think of the new panels? I did not order the stickers....I had Pete from Powersports wrap make me some pink ones.....love the new panels

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Do the new panels have the Can Am sticker on the sides?
    Yes, the decals come with the kit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Jeff have you gotten to ride...what do you think of the new panels? I did not order the stickers....I had Pete from Powersports wrap make me some pink ones.....love the new panels
    Yes, big change and no more heat issues, the panels stay completely cool, no more heat at the gas cap or around the seat, the new panels direct the air down and under the bike

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsm69 View Post
    I hesitate to mention this but yes that bulletin was just released under my case number and my emails to BRP Care, So anyone wanting the new panels can just go to their local dealer and request them, no more need to contact BRP Care by email
    thanks for all your post here regarding this matter!
    I finally got ahold of BRP care with the number you posted. Maryann without hassle, gave me a case number and said she would notify dealer. I went to the dealer within 45 minutes and unfortunately he hadn't received Maryann's info yet but took my case number and said he would be in touch. He seemed genuinely in the dark regarding BRP taking care of this matter. I actually was a little bothered by why he hadn't tried to contact me to begin with a couple of weeks ago when this became reality, but his reaction was such that I believe being here in Michigan, this dealer hasn't had to deal with this topic much if at all. At any rate I'll follow up with him tomorrow but I'm feeling like BRP based on Maryann's quick and decisive action, is going to do the right thing and reimburse me for my panels. Of course I'll keep all posted.

Snoopy I'd definitely look into it!

Spyder Garage

Default NHTSA Process

Go here for additional information;

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...gation-Process

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Dealer called out of the blue...

Our Dealer called this morning and informed me they were ordering the New Panels for our ST-S.
    This was without me prompting them nor had I ever mentioned the heat issues.

I suspect as the Dealers become aware of the Service Bulletin they will be more pro-active.
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

Called BRP spoke to Jennifer......panels are now approved

All my thanks go out to Jeff !!!!

2013 SPYDER STS

Two Brothers Cabon Fiber Slip-on
    Pit Bulls Powersports Cat bypass
    Juicebox fuel mtg and Kewlmetal Air Filter
    Custom Dynamics LED Brightsides red & amber kit
    Custom Dynamics Sreet Magic Brake Light Strobe/Flasher
    Ram Mount Ball on center handlebars
    BRP Integrated Audio System & JBL Speakers
    BajaRon Swaybar & Fox Podium Shocks
    BRP HID Fog/Headlights
    Seat cowl painted circuit yellow
    Ultra Touring Windshield
    Who knows what's next.....

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Came Through For Me

Hello. I experienced the same problem with my new 2013 ST-S yesterday. I bought a '13 leftover last month that was still in the box. My left leg got so hot through my jeans yesterday that I had to get off the bike for awhile. When I went to top off my tank the gas cap was hot to the touch through my gloves. I contacted my dealer this morning and he didn't think he couldn't do much for me because he didn't have a bulletin. I told him that I would go directly to BRP and sent them an email. My service guy called me back and said that he went ahead and opened a trouble ticket with BRP and they told him to go ahead and order the new panels and they would just cover the replacements under the warranty. He was surprised by their quick response. My replacement panels may be in by the end of the week. I appreciate the efforts of my dealership and BRP for doing the right thing.
    The WildBat - 2017 Can-Am Spyder F3-L
    Little Bre - 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST-S
    Phantom 2.0 - My SuperSpyder. 2008 Can-Am Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

Default :)

[QUOTE=Jeffsm69;858990]They come with new stickers, I didn't want them on my bike, they will reside on my tool chest in my garage...lol[/QUOT

MINE TOO JEFF!

2013 ST-S SE-5 ("Quick Silver") Is her Name
    My Mods:

I Have Added the AM/FM Stereo and an Ultimate Seat, with Ryder Backrest, Power Sports wraps." Break Strips" Kit, GloRyders with the Spyder Cap, Fox Racing Shock and Anti- Sway Bar Kit, Spyder Pops Bump Skid, Spyderlighter's LED Running Light Kit With Fender lights. Cal Si Shorty Smoked Windshield, The 2014 Side Panels, Lamonsters Cat Delete, And an Akrapovic Sport Touring Exhaust.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by golfsferr View Post
    I finally got ahold of BRP care with the number you posted. Maryann without hassle, gave me a case number and said she would notify dealer. I went to the dealer within 45 minutes and unfortunately he hadn't received Maryann's info yet but took my case number and said he would be in touch. He seemed genuinely in the dark regarding BRP taking care of this matter. I actually was a little bothered by why he hadn't tried to contact me to begin with a couple of weeks ago when this became reality, but his reaction was such that I believe being here in Michigan, this dealer hasn't had to deal with this topic much if at all. At any rate I'll follow up with him tomorrow but I'm feeling like BRP based on Maryann's quick and decisive action, is going to do the right thing and reimburse me for my panels. Of course I'll keep all posted.

I am in PA and my dealer had not dealt with it that much either. He has had complaints about the heat and fuel smell on the 13's but I was the first one at my dealership to recieve the new panels under warranty.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Thanks, just found my receipts yesterday. Now to find the email or phone number to call...

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SNOOPY;859894]Thanks, just found my receipts yesterday. Now to find the email or phone number to call...

888-272-9222 BRP customer care
    had to wait on hold for 15 mins before I got a human, but Maryann was very helpful!

Spyder Garage

Cool, thanks

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=golfsferr;859917]
    Thanks, just found my receipts yesterday. Now to find the email or phone number to call...

888-272-9222 BRP customer care
    had to wait on hold for 15 mins before I got a human, but Maryann was very helpful!

Just sent out an email for now.

I'll see how that goes first before resorting to calling since I'm limited to when I can make a long call.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SNOOPY;859976]

Just sent out an email for now.

I'll see how that goes first before resorting to calling since I'm limited to when I can make a long call.
    If they give you a case number then great, but they might just tell you to contact your dealer and honestly if you have a good relationship with one I bet he or she can do all you need to expedite this matter. However, It is always good to have BRP's support when dealing with a dealer. Good luck!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=golfsferr;860078]

If they give you a case number then great, but they might just tell you to contact your dealer and honestly if you have a good relationship with one I bet he or she can do all you need to expedite this matter. However, It is always good to have BRP's support when dealing with a dealer. Good luck!

Not sure why why I would have to contact my purchasing dealer?

I ordered my panels online and installed myself.

Spyder Garage

Default case #

Well got a case # from BRP yesterday-(Mon.)- Laura was wonderfully helpful- then called my dealer who told me they needed to check out the bike and see if it qualifies- looks like another 50 mi trip there and if they ok it then another trip back, to have them installed!

Spyder Garage

Our bike didn't need to be checked to see if it qualifies. I think your dealer is giving you a load of bull. They just want to charge you to see it.....a money grab by them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mstella101 View Post
    Well got a case # from BRP yesterday-(Mon.)- Laura was wonderfully helpful- then called my dealer who told me they needed to check out the bike and see if it qualifies- looks like another 50 mi trip there and if they ok it then another trip back, to have them installed!
    I was one of the first three to get the panels via BRP. My bike didn't have to be checked out, but then I had a history and paper trail, taking my bike in 4 or 5 times to have it checked out for the heat issue so maybe that's why. BRP made all the arrangements to have me drop my bike off, have the panels installed, etc. Not all dealers are created equal, the only thing we have ours do is ECM updates, we do the rest. They're just a bunch of kids who try hard, they are trained and certified but they aren't really wrenches. Anyway, whatever it takes. Your're going to love your machine once the panels are installed. They make all the difference. I actually enjoy riding mine now!

Spyder Garage

Default This process

I'm a little confused on the process. BRP gave me a "case" number but my dealer doesn't see it in the system. I called BRP back and they said it's there, have dealer call them. He called and left message but still no reply and he doesn't see it in his system. I can't help but feel like they're looking in 2 different places which doesn't make any sense. Maybe I'm being a little impatient but I can't help be a little skeptical.
    Also, It sounds like based on some previous post here, that just having a case number isn't necessarily enough. I was under the impression that getting the case number meant it would be handled but that doesn't seem to be clear anymore. Thought?

Spyder Garage

I'm a little confused on the process. BRP gave me a "case" number but my dealer doesn't see it in the system. I called BRP back and they said it's there, have dealer call them. He called and left message but still no reply and he doesn't see it in his system. I can't help but feel like they're looking in 2 different places which doesn't make any sense. Maybe I'm being a little impatient but I can't help be a little skeptical.
    Also, It sounds like based on some previous post here, that just having a case number isn't necessarily enough. I was under the impression that getting the case number meant it would be handled but that doesn't seem to be clear anymore. Thought?
    I would contact brp.care@brp.com and talk to them. My BRP Care Rep is the one who contacted my dealer, made all the arrangements, even set up for when I would bring it in. I'm not sure how they are doing it now but I do know your case number should be conn ected to your VIN number and easily accessible by your dealer and BRP.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Our bike didn't need to be checked to see if it qualifies. I think your dealer is giving you a load of bull. They just want to charge you to see it.....a money grab by them.
    I have 2 friends in Las Vegas with 2013 STs one contacted BRP and his dealer and he got a case # from BRP but the dealer was asked to "reflash his ECM and check something else" the other, got a case # from BRP and his dealer was able to order the parts with no further checking. Two different dealers, two different answers. But both will get the panels and that is the important thing. I took a heat reading on the panels on one of the STs on Sunday when he got to my house and it read 166 - way too hot.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622