Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I also replaced the panels on my 13 STS roughly a month ago,problem is it was on my dime.I had told the dealer about the heat on the left side thigh and he agreed that they did get warm.He did give me a break on the price of the panels but they still ended up costing me nearly $800. bucks with taxes. I wonder what restitution if any BRP will offer for those of us that paid out of pocket now that they are making them available for no charge. Time to call the dealer tomorrow and see if he will vouch for me to BRP to at least get a credit towards other product if nothing else.

Spyder Garage

My dealer can't find the bulletin number, Should be 2014-something.
    Anyone know?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Craniac View Post
    My dealer can't find the bulletin number, Should be 2014-something.
    Anyone know?
    Try giving your dealer my case #326738, the service bulletin is attached to it

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited
    2009 GS , Iridium Plugs Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsm69 View Post
    Try giving your dealer my case #326738, the service bulletin is attached to it
    I did give them your case number. They said they can't access your case.
    Last edited by Craniac; 08-15-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

I did give them your case number. They said they can't access your case.
    Well, that's interesting, I thought any of the dealers could access cases, I know that my dealership ordered at least 4 kits yesterday for members that came in to meet the NHTSA investigator, he was there to watch and document the whole installation process

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited

Spyder Garage

Well, that's interesting, I thought any of the dealers could access cases, I know that my dealership ordered at least 4 kits yesterday for members that came in to meet the NHTSA investigator, he was there to watch and document the whole installation process
    I contacted BRP Care 6 weeks ago. I still do not have a case number. three weeks ago Steve said he turned my case over to a senior Rep who would contact me. Still no contact.
    I also filed a complaint with NHTSA.

Spyder Garage

I contacted BRP Care 6 weeks ago. I still do not have a case number. three weeks ago Steve said he turned my case over to a senior Rep who would contact me. Still no contact.
    I also filed a complaint with NHTSA.
    That sucks, my case was approved in 2-1/2 weeks and now my local dealership has already ordered 5 sets of kits within the past 24 hours, all they require is each person just call and ask for them

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited

Spyder Garage

called my dealer this AM - he said there was no bulletin I would have to pay for them myself- seems brp and dealers are all over the place on this. -left hand not knowing what right hand is doing- (Is it a conspiracy) thats just me!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mstella101 View Post
    called my dealer this AM - he said there was no bulletin I would have to pay for them myself- seems brp and dealers are all over the place on this. -left hand not knowing what right hand is doing- (Is it a conspiracy) thats just me!
    Yeah, I was dealing with the same BRP Care rep you are and he actually came through, same circumstances, I already ordered the panels and it was pushed to a senior Rep, then the case number was issued and sent straight to the dealership, they had it within 24 hours and I got a call from the owner telling me my panels were approved along with a bulletin he received stating all 2013 ST's were to be handled the same way, if the owner requests the 2014 panels, then order them and replace under warranty, I don't get why they just don't issue a service bulletin to all dealers and simplify the process, everyone already knows there's a problem and trying to handle this on a case by case basis is insane

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited

Spyder Garage

Well I called my dealer left a message mentioning about Jeff's claim#,still waiting for the call back.I know when I went to order the panels he asked me where I got the retro kit parts # number as he was unaware of them being available,but I ordered the circut yellow on a fri.they were in the dealers by tues..Then I called a BRP contact # 1-888-272-9222 off the BRP.ca website as the online form contact information would not go through,glad I did as they [Jennifer] was very helpful and put me through to someone who took my info. vin etc. opened a claim number and set me up for a refund on my purchase at the dealer.She mentioned [after I gave Jeff's claim #]that they very recently have made the panels a warranty claim.So for those that have purchased the panels already at their expense make sure you contact someone at BRP as a lot of dealers are unaware of this very recent development.
    Last edited by Just Doo Me; 08-15-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Just Doo Me View Post
    Well I called my dealer left a message mentioning about Jeff's claim#,still waiting for the call back.I know when I went to order the panels he asked me where I got the retro kit parts # number as he was unaware of them being available,but I ordered the circut yellow on a fri.they were in the dealers by tues..Then I called a BRP contact # 1-888-272-9222 off the BRP.ca website as the online form contact information would not go through,glad I did as they [Jennifer] was very helpful and put me through to someone who took my info. vin etc. opened a claim number and set me up for a refund on my purchase at the dealer.She mentioned [after I gave Jeff's claim #]that they very recently have made the panels a warranty claim.So for those that have purchased the panels already at their expense make sure you contact someone at BRP as a lot of dealers are unaware of this very recent development.
    Just called Jennifer. She gave me a claim number. Called dealer but I'm not positive they understood the issue.

Jennifer told me the reason they never contacted me was that I sold the bike. That was certainly news to me. I think what happened was they called the first owner. I bought it with 240 miles on it. I believe the reason he sold it was the fuel smell.

Yes, Jennifer was very helpful.

Spyder Garage

Default NEW PANELS

Called my dealer today about replacing my panels with the 2014 panels for my ST-S. I mentioned that I had heard about the service bulletin on SL but could not give them a bulletin #. They checked their computer while I was on hold and said they couldn't find a service bulletin referencing the new panels. About 2 hours later they called back and said my new panels were on order and would be installed under warranty. Yippee!!! I have not had serious heat issues on my 2013 but I thought if I could get the new panels on BRP's dime, it couldn't hurt. I will soon be a happy camper, er ryder!!!!!
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

My dealer called Tuesday 8/12 and told me my new panels had been ordered. He called back today and they are already in. So I was going in to get my new tire installed tomorrow and they are also going to install my new panels. Just in time for my trip next week to the Smokey Mountains.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

I'm very happy I was able to help everyone, sounds like contacting Jennifer at BRP with my claim number is the way to get your own claim number and new panels, love them on my bike and two long trips this weekend should provide a good test for the NHTSA investigator
    Last edited by Jeffsm69; 08-15-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm very happy I was able to help everyone, sounds like conracting Jennifer at BRP with my claim number is the way to get your own claim number and new panels, love them on my bike and two long trips this weekend should provide a good test for the NHTSA investigator
    you are going to love the new air flow panels.....will reduce heat to almost nothing....I have put over 9,000 miles on my ST since receiving new panels....road across desert at 112temps...bike ran flawless...between the flash on the fuel mixture and the panels my ST is where it should of been the day I purchased it.....thanks for sharing all this info

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I was dealing with the same BRP Care rep you are and he actually came through, same circumstances, I already ordered the panels and it was pushed to a senior Rep, then the case number was issued and sent straight to the dealership, they had it within 24 hours and I got a call from the owner telling me my panels were approved along with a bulletin he received stating all 2013 ST's were to be handled the same way, if the owner requests the 2014 panels, then order them and replace under warranty, I don't get why they just don't issue a service bulletin to all dealers and simplify the process, everyone already knows there's a problem and trying to handle this on a case by case basis is insane
    Probably because not all owners are complaining or experiencing a heat problem so they are taking care of the ones who really need a fix and not just trying to upgrade to a newer look. Although I'm not sure how EVERYONE is not experiencing a problem since its' a design flaw (poor air flow). Maybe they live in cooler temps. I know the panels work, mine were replaced months ago and even after a 5164 mile trip I had no more complaints.

Invalid Emails
    In the hills South of Edinburgh, Scotland
    Spyder Garage

To be honest, though the panels do feel hotter than I'd like, I've not had any real heat issues. However, I'll be pushing for the new panels because one, just in case and two, it'll be a 2014 bike in all but name (it has a 2014 registration after all!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    To be honest, though the panels do feel hotter than I'd like, I've not had any real heat issues. However, I'll be pushing for the new panels because one, just in case and two, it'll be a 2014 bike in all but name (it has a 2014 registration after all!).

Even though you may not be feeling the heat your engine is. You never know what problems are being caused to the engine components by the lack of air flow. Your engine and associated parts will thank you

Invalid Emails
    In the hills South of Edinburgh, Scotland
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JacqueTanis View Post
    Even though you may not be feeling the heat your engine is. You never know what problems are being caused to the engine components by the lack of air flow. Your engine and associated parts will thank you
    I totally agree!

Spyder Garage

If anyone can find the Bulletin number, please post it. Thanks
    2016 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Default HAPPY SPYDER & OWNER

Just had my new air flow panels installed this morning. Too cool to tell the difference this morning. Also had a new shoe installed on the back, KUMHO!

WP_20140816_002.jpgWP_20140816_001.jpg
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Months ago I inquired with BRP and my dealer about replacement panels for the 2013's. At the time Dealer didn't know and BRP said contact my dealer. Through the help of this forum I was able to keep on top of what was really happening and ordered the panels through my dealer 2 weeks ago thanks to Lamont's part numbers post. The dealer didn't mentioned that it would be under warranty. So I paid $630, got them and installed them. Now I found this post and see that I should have got them for free under warranty. So I wrote a letter to BRP care again and generated another email to the BRP Care rep mentioned in the body of this post (Steve M.).I've received One computer generated reply that said contact my dealer, and I haven't received a reply from the Steve M. and it's been several days and My dealer hasn't called me back to try to correct this either.
    Now I see The Feds are delving into the "heat" issues on spyders too. I don't know maybe they're inundated with this matter but I'd like to get the responsiveness that some of the folks here have received. I'm open to suggestions?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by golfsferr View Post
    Months ago I inquired with BRP and my dealer about replacement panels for the 2013's. At the time Dealer didn't know and BRP said contact my dealer. Through the help of this forum I was able to keep on top of what was really happening and ordered the panels through my dealer 2 weeks ago thanks to Lamont's part numbers post. The dealer didn't mentioned that it would be under warranty. So I paid $630, got them and installed them. Now I found this post and see that I should have got them for free under warranty. So I wrote a letter to BRP care again and generated another email to the BRP Care rep mentioned in the body of this post (Steve M.).I've received One computer generated reply that said contact my dealer, and I haven't received a reply from the Steve M. and it's been several days and My dealer hasn't called me back to try to correct this either.
    Now I see The Feds are delving into the "heat" issues on spyders too. I don't know maybe they're inundated with this matter but I'd like to get the responsiveness that some of the folks here have received. I'm open to suggestions?

It it would be nice to get reimbursed, but I don't see it happening.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    It it would be nice to get reimbursed, but I don't see it happening.
    Snoopy I bought my panels July 18th just called the contact number I gave in a previous post yesterday and will be reimbursed this week.I just mentioned I had a heat issue and also brought up the claim number Jeffsm69 posted, BRP refunds the dealer on a warranty claim,he gets paid for the instillation costs and I get a refund.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 900Dave View Post
    Just had my new air flow panels installed this morning. Too cool to tell the difference this morning. Also had a new shoe installed on the back, KUMHO!

WP_20140816_002.jpgWP_20140816_001.jpg
    Do the new panels have the Can Am sticker on the sides?