Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Did they brp pay for the parts and labor to install?
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

Never mind. Saw jeff said in earlier post that brp supplied and installed for free
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 panels for 2013 sts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve67 View Post
    A very nicely worded email to BRP care advising of the heat to the right leg and asking when they were going to be made available in pure magnesium is all it took for the new panels to be made available and installed as a good will jester by BRP. I had to wait about three months but in the end after a few follow up emails they were amazing with the customer care. Just had them installed by dealer and notice the difference already.....very happy spyder owner.....
    Is BRP going to replace all of the 2013 ST-S panels? My right side gets very hot.

Are they starting to give freebes because the Feds are looking at BRP??

DETROIT (AP) - U.S. safety regulators are investigating two reports of fires in Can-Am Spyder three-wheeled motorcycles.
    The probe covers about 52,000 motorcycles from the 2008 through 2014 model years.
    The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says in documents posted Friday that the fires appear to be unrelated to three recalls of the motorcycles. One Spyder was destroyed...

Can anybody say RECALLL??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdwheel View Post
    Is BRP going to replace all of the 2013 ST-S panels? My right side gets very hot.

Are they starting to give freebes because the Feds are looking at BRP??

DETROIT (AP) - U.S. safety regulators are investigating two reports of fires in Can-Am Spyder three-wheeled motorcycles.
    The probe covers about 52,000 motorcycles from the 2008 through 2014 model years.
    The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says in documents posted Friday that the fires appear to be unrelated to three recalls of the motorcycles. One Spyder was destroyed...

Can anybody say RECALLL??
    BRP Care is not at the point of starting a recall on the panels but they don't seem to be fighting as hard as they were in the beginning, any warranty claims are always taken care of by the dealership at no charge, BRP assumes the cost when covering a warranty item

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited
    2009 GS , Iridium Plugs Red

Spyder Garage

I think what we have here is that BRP will replace the panels for those that take the time to contact them but they are not going to announce it and make it official. This way it is a lot cheaper for them. If you don't complain you don't get the new panels and they save money but at the same time they can claim that a fix was offered. I had a similar thing happen for me on my '84 Honda Interceptor. They had poor oil flow to the cams and Honda would replace the cams for you but they didn't announce that and make it an official recall. I only found out by accident because the shop I brought it to told me about the program because they didn't have time to fix the bike.

Spyder Garage

Exactly and I doubt those panels cost BRP as much as the dealerships are wanting to charge for them, it just takes a little effort on your part to actually email BRP Care and complain about the heat issues, once they review the service record and make sure all the safety recalls and service bulletins have been performed by your dealer, they issue a claim number to the dealer and they can order the parts under warranty

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It would be interesting to find out how many 2013 ST owners have been contacted by NHTSA....and if contacted...did you file a complaint....

BRP is giving 2014 air flow panels to a lot of owners...good to see...it really helps in the heat department....mine is almost completely gone......sad that we had to fight tooth and nail with BRP....

I have a 2013 ST purchased March 2013 and was sent pics of the new panels last September during club (where all dealers see the new line up) and that is when I started asking for the panel to test, since I live south and ride all year long...finally ordered mine right before Spyderfest 2014....what a difference....I put up with the heat for over a year...many parts have been replaced due to the heat....everybody got tired of listening to me grump.....here's hoping for smooth riding...here on out...good luck to everyone on getting panels replaced

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Default What the Heck!

Below is the letter I sent to the complaint dept on the brp website on Aug 11th. I was happy to see the quick response 2 days later til I read the reply. I sent back another letter directly to the rep asking if I should have gotten a case #. We'll see if there is a more positive response!

Hello
    The left side of bike is getting hotter and hotter -near calf knee and thigh. This was noticeable last season but its getting worse. As I read online about bikes catching on fire I thought I should share my concern. I also read that changing to new panels seems to negate this issue. I've talked to my dealer about this but it has never been written up during service. I have done all recalls that should have eliminated the issue. How can this be resolved? I appreciate any help and guidance
    Relationship with BRP Owner of a BRP Vehicle
    Subject Complaint
    Product Can-AM Roadster
    Model Name & Year Spyder ST-S SE-5 2013

Mr Stella,

Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP.

In response to your request, you can request more information to your dealer on the heat dissipation kit and panels we offer.

To find a dealership in your area, please visit our website at: www.brp.com.

You can click on the ''find a dealer'' tab on the top right corner of the screen. You must then select your country at the bottom of the page. Please enter you city or zip code in order to see your closest dealers. You can then click on the logo of the different dealership to get their contact information.

You can reach us by replying to this email or you can contact us at T + 888.272.9222 if you have any other questions or comments.

Thank you for contacting BRP,

Firstname Mathew
    Lastname Stella
    Phone
    Email
    Country US

Louis-David
    BRP
    75, rue J-A Bombardier | Sherbrooke | QC | Canada | J1L 1W3
    T + 888.272.9222
    www.brp.com

Spyder Garage

Reply to that email and insist they cover the panel cost under warranty, make it clear that you hace no intention of paying for them yourself and you want a case number assigned to your complaint

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited

Spyder Garage

I got a basic form letter telling me to go to my dealer however when I did bring up the heat a while back (long while back) I was told its normal.

My second email was a bit more..... Let's say.... it's still nice but the tone is changing from my first attempt.
    Last edited by MMMII; 12-07-2014 at 07:50 PM.
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Spyder Garage

A very nicely worded email to BRP care advising of the heat to the right leg and asking when they were going to be made available in pure magnesium is all it took for the new panels to be made available and installed as a good will jester by BRP. I had to wait about three months but in the end after a few follow up emails they were amazing with the customer care. Just had them installed by dealer and notice the difference already.....very happy spyder owner.....
    Pics Plz
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default panels

I e-mailed BRP customer care warranty dept. last night and had a response when I got home from work today.
    they gave me a case number and told me to contact my dealer so I forwarded the message to the service department manager at lifestyles Honda tonight and I am sure I will hear from him sometime tomorrow here's hoping I get some new panels for my STL

Spyder Garage

Default New panels installed

I also had my new panels installed yesterday on my 2013 ST S at the dealership and BRP covered all the costs. What a difference.
    this guy Steve M from customer care returned an email I sent in two days and gave me a file number and within one week the panels were at the dealer and got put on yesterday.
    cant say enough about his taking the issue and getting it resolved.
    follow the procedures and it will get done.
    genet

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am glad that BRP is trying to help. I am also glad that many of you feel that the panels solved your problem with heat. My panels were replaced with the new panels. The panels seem to have moved the heat from the thigh / seat area down to the calf area. My calf area is 162 degrees. My husband's RTS is 105 degrees in the same area. I am still riding (9600 miles), but it is hot.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 03hdjill View Post
    I am glad that BRP is trying to help. I am also glad that many of you feel that the panels solved your problem with heat. My panels were replaced with the new panels. The panels seem to have moved the heat from the thigh / seat area down to the calf area. My calf area is 162 degrees. My husband's RTS is 105 degrees in the same area. I am still riding (9600 miles), but it is hot.
    Have you replaced the stock air box with JT's air box? I put it on my wife's STL and I could not believe the size of the stock airbox. When I took it out it freed up so much space that it is ridiculous. One fellow on here sumed it up by saying 'a small child could fit in there now'.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Showie View Post
    Pics Plz

I will take some tonight and post tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Glad to see BRP is making things right on this issue!!! Just sent an email off myself!

Spyder Garage

My wife called our dealership today and she was told that the panels have been ordered and they are on the way.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Have you replaced the stock air box with JT's air box? I put it on my wife's STL and I could not believe the size of the stock airbox. When I took it out it freed up so much space that it is ridiculous. One fellow on here sumed it up by saying 'a small child could fit in there now'.
    I should probably do that next. I had been thinking about the cat bypass. I just don't want to do anything that could possibly void my warranty.

Spyder Garage

Talking

My wife called our dealership today and she was told that the panels have been ordered and they are on the way.
    I was at my dealers today and he showed me a bulletin about BRP replacing old panels with the new style ...no cost to me. Ordered my set right then and there

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by esmith3190 View Post
    I was at my dealers today and he showed me a bulletin about BRP replacing old panels with the new style ...no cost to me. Ordered my set right then and there
    I hesitate to mention this but yes that bulletin was just released under my case number and my emails to BRP Care, So anyone wanting the new panels can just go to their local dealer and request them, no more need to contact BRP Care by email

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsm69 View Post
    I hesitate to mention this but yes that bulletin was just released under my case number and my emails to BRP Care, So anyone wanting the new panels can just go to their local dealer and request them, no more need to contact BRP Care by email
    do you know the number on that service bulletin, in case the dealer say he never heard of it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    do you know the number on that service bulletin, in case the dealer say he never heard of it.
    Dealers can find the service bulletin under my case #326738

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 03hdjill View Post
    I should probably do that next. I had been thinking about the cat bypass. I just don't want to do anything that could possibly void my warranty.
    I asked my dealer about both JT's air filter and the cat delete and I was told that neither will void the warranty. I would never think of doing either if it did.

Spyder Garage

I asked my dealer about both JT's air filter and the cat delete and I was told that neither will void the warranty. I would never think of doing either if it did.
    I installed JT's air filter in the spring & my dealer told me the same, that it would not void the warranty. I was not sure about the CAT bypass. My new air flow panels are on order and I plan on deleting the CAT during this coming winter.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS