Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn R View Post
    BRP has approved the claim and the shop has ordered the new panels for me!
    What years/models is this being done for? I took my 2013 ST-S manual tranny in, as directed by CanAm, and the dealer did some stuff like wrapping it and testing, and concluded it was not getting too hot. I asked if they had shot with a infrared temperature sensor, the body panels that were hot, they said now, they did the testing without the panels on. I asked how that would be valid, and they started to get pissy. In the end, nothing. This was about a year a year ago, well within warranty, although I think my extended is up soon.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dyrwolf View Post
    What years/models is this being done for? I took my 2013 ST-S manual tranny in, as directed by CanAm, and the dealer did some stuff like wrapping it and testing, and concluded it was not getting too hot. I asked if they had shot with a infrared temperature sensor, the body panels that were hot, they said now, they did the testing without the panels on. I asked how that would be valid, and they started to get pissy. In the end, nothing. This was about a year a year ago, well within warranty, although I think my extended is up soon.
    Well, I know it's being done for the 2013 ST-S because that's what I have. Mine is the SE5 but AFAIK that doesn't make a difference. I think a lot depends on the individual dealer and how much of an effort they want to put in. Did you go to the same place you bought the bike? Mine spent some time taking things apart, taking photos, and putting together a case file. I took the ferry out to Long Island to the place I originally got it and also ordered a travel cover and had them install a Baja Ron sway bar while I was at it.

Tomorrow I'll drop the bike off so they can take things apart again. It looks like the new heat deflector is jammed right up against that exhaust header. I remember having to fuss with the old one a bit to get the maximum amount of space when I put it back on after taking my own photos and adding insulation. The shop manager says he already ordered a replacement.
    Last edited by Questions; 07-14-2016 at 04:40 PM.