Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default owerheat Sts

can i remove som of the inner panels to get more airflow to the Engine and not be worried about the paint ??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Linedrawer View Post
    can i remove som of the inner panels to get more airflow to the Engine and not be worried about the paint ??
    Please explain, a little more detail will be needed to answer your question.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

If you've got the 2014 air flow panels BRP is replacing the old ones with - for free - you won't have to worry about self fixes

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JacqueTanis View Post
    If you've got the 2014 air flow panels BRP is replacing the old ones with - for free - you won't have to worry about self fixes
    i have 2013 STs and Think its be owerheated and have a q if i can remove some of the panels on inside and dont dammage the paint on the outside panels if the inner panels are gone to get better airflow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 900Dave View Post
    Please explain, a little more detail will be needed to answer your question.
    the black one inside can i remove some of them to get better airflow??

Spyder Garage

i have 2013 STs and Think its be owerheated and have a q if i can remove some of the panels on inside and dont dammage the paint on the outside panels if the inner panels are gone to get better airflow
    We tried that and it just channeled all that hot air onto my legs and feet ... it was horrible. The 2014 panels on my 2013 ST-L do the trick though. The lack of air flow in the engine compartment was totally solved. Before I got the new panels installed (free from BRP) my panels would get so hot, 186 degrees at one point, they would burn my leg. All that heat in the engine compartment wasn't doing any good to my engine components either. Your dealer, or BRP Care will take care of this for you.
    Last edited by JacqueTanis; 07-06-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default out of usa

Hello friend from Sweden - agree with Jacque - get the airflow panels, no question. As you're outside the USA, BRP Care is no good for you (as for me). Somewhere in this thread (post 337 ?) is the two page info re part numbers etc. If you take it to your dealer, tell them you have heat issues and ASK for the panels, they should get them from BRP for you at BRP cost. The panels are a 'goodwill fix' provided by BRP to address under-tupperware-heating issues. We installed them ourselves as the arrangement back then in Oz was that we either did that or paid for installation. It took us an hour, going really slowly, and is something easy to do yourself. Hope this helps. A visit to the dealer is a good first step - they should help as it's no skin off their nose, so to speak. If the dealer is reluctant, then it's time to go up the chain somehow.

Spyder Garage

I was looking at buying a used 2013 ST but on the ones I've seen none have the new heat panels installed. One man told me he had never had heat issues with his but I was not able to ride it to find out and dealers make the demo ride so short you just can't tell if it will show up. Question is do some have heat issues and others not? I live in Florida so lots of heat in the summer months. Second question if I do buy used do you think I would be able to get the new panels from BRP?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Hello friend from Sweden - agree with Jacque - get the airflow panels, no question. As you're outside the USA, BRP Care is no good for you (as for me).
    Hi Linedrawer and loisk,

Actually, BRPCare does provide service globally. You can feel free to contact us at brp.care@brp.com and we can coordinate with the support teams in your region.
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldraceman View Post
    I was looking at buying a used 2013 ST but on the ones I've seen none have the new heat panels installed. One man told me he had never had heat issues with his but I was not able to ride it to find out and dealers make the demo ride so short you just can't tell if it will show up. Question is do some have heat issues and others not? I live in Florida so lots of heat in the summer months. Second question if I do buy used do you think I would be able to get the new panels from BRP?
    The heat issue comes from a build up of heat in the engine compartment due to a lack of adequate air flow in the engine compartment. Some might feel extreme heat on the panels (as I did) other experience problems with the engine components, wiring, etc., anything susceptible to extreme heat, because of the heat trapped in the engine compartment, some people experience both. Even if you live in a cool area and aren't experiencing the heated panels you don't know what problems all that hot air trapped in the engine compartment is causing.

I experienced the heated panels (186 degrees when checked) and friends of mine experienced the engine component issues. The panels took care of all that. I, personally would not purchase a 2013 ST without the assurance that the 2014 panels will be installed. I don't know about purchasing a used machine. If your dealer won't give you a satisfactory answer before you buy you should definitely check with BRP Care at brp.care@brp.comand get their take on it. They are wonderful to work with, they went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of, and once we got the ball rolling I had the panels ordered and installed in short order.

Good luck and I hope you do purchase one as the ST is a great little machine and you'll have a blast riding it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi Linedrawer and loisk,

Actually, BRPCare does provide service globally. You can feel free to contact us at brp.care@brp.com and we can coordinate with the support teams in your region.
    thats sounds great maybe Contact directly to info@motorbolagetumea.se thats my dealer and service Place in Sweden. I also have Contact y-Wheelers sweden and they say something about a lambdasond.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hulksdaddy View Post
    Old panels on the left, new on the right.

and so as the fenders

Spyder Garage

and so as the fenders

Spyder on the right is a base model ST, Spyder on the left is an ST Limited which has the upgraded fenders. The STS also comes with these fenders.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Default Yea!!!! New panels are installed!!!!!

Today my new panels were installed on my Spyder to fix the heat problem! And it worked!!!!! Plus I had a Laser Alignment done while I was there.
    I think the alignment was worth getting done, Spyder seems to track better!!!! No more suffocating heat at intersections or slow traffic!!!!!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ingramwc View Post
    Today my new panels were installed on my Spyder to fix the heat problem! And it worked!!!!! Plus I had a Laser Alignment done while I was there.
    I think the alignment was worth getting done, Spyder seems to track better!!!! No more suffocating heat at intersections or slow traffic!!!!!
    Good deal! Now tear those mountain roads up!

Spyder Garage

Will do John, I was working on several on the way home from Bluefield!!!! Great fun!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Panel Replacement in Canada?

I have yet to see any 2013 STS for sale in Canada with replaced panels. Have any Canadians had success getting them replaced by BRP under warranty? A post above mentions getting them at BRP cost. Nowhere else have I seen people paying for new panels once BRP started to replace them. Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default not just usa

They replace them in Australia if asked ... maybe nobody has asked for them in Canada ?

Spyder Garage

You probably don't see any 2013 ST models for sale that have been fixed, since the reason for selling them is gone when the heat problem was corrected.
    I know I am happy with my 2013 STS now that it has been fixed.
    Process is, owner complains to dealer; dealer has to plead owners case to BRP for "Goodwill" parts to fix Spyder; BRP will eventually send new parts to dealer to fix problem.
    BRP issued a recall for 2013 RT models for heat issues, why not do the same thing for 2013 RS and ST models!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gcclubs View Post
    I have yet to see any 2013 STS for sale in Canada with replaced panels. Have any Canadians had success getting them replaced by BRP under warranty? A post above mentions getting them at BRP cost. Nowhere else have I seen people paying for new panels once BRP started to replace them. Thanks

Isnt it always snow and ice in Canada anyhow?

Spyder Garage

I emailed BRP a week and a half ago on a Sunday at 9am and got a repose at 4:30 that same afternoon with a case number and instructions to contact my local dealer. That Monday I called the dealer and they said that they will work with BRP to get the heat dissapation kit and panels. I was shocked by the rapid response by BRP considering it was a Sunday. Hopefully I hear back from the dealer soon. I figured I would give it a few weeks. I picked up my 2013 ST limited 2 months ago and have put 2000 miles on it so far. I am totally happy with it. I am hopeful that this is a sign of good things to come.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lousd1 View Post
    I emailed BRP a week and a half ago on a Sunday at 9am and got a repose at 4:30 that same afternoon with a case number and instructions to contact my local dealer. That Monday I called the dealer and they said that they will work with BRP to get the heat dissapation kit and panels. I was shocked by the rapid response by BRP considering it was a Sunday. Hopefully I hear back from the dealer soon. I figured I would give it a few weeks. I picked up my 2013 ST limited 2 months ago and have put 2000 miles on it so far. I am totally happy with it. I am hopeful that this is a sign of good things to come.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I am so very happy for you. I too experienced excellent customer service from BRP. Someone said something about the dealers having to plead with BRP to get the panels but BRP is not the problem, it is the dealers the owners are working with. I know you are going to so enjoy your new ride. You may experience a little hot air on the inside above your left ankle, but that is a normal exit point for the hot air in the engine compartment and can easily be fixed with high boots or half chaps. Do not block off that area as it might allow the heat to build up and your panels will begin heating up again. Experience speaking here lol. Ride safe

MelloYelloSpyder

I went to the dealer with a claim number and they sent a request to BRP asking for the new air flow panels. Took about 2 weeks for them to come in. BRP said they would send the panels but would not cover installation costs as the bike was out of warranty. No problem, took them home and had them installed in about an hour or so. I could probably do it now in half that time

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Great news. I told my wife that she needs to do the same for her STL. She finds it a little hot but she says that she can put up with it. I was going to buy the new panels but if they are replacing them under warranty it is time to make the call.
    BRP will replace ST panels under warranty but you need to stress to your dealer that you cannot put up with the heat issues and need new panels now.
    You cannot say its hot but I can put up with it as you will not get new panels. OSR - Ontario Spyder Ryders had quite the discussion about new panels with a member and the dealer finally gave her new panels for her ST

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gcclubs View Post
    I started the thread on this....BRP has been great and just see your dealer and if they won't help then BRP care.

Steve