Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spideybuffal0 View Post
    Thanks for the tip all. I emailed BRP on Friday about my ST panels and I all ready received a email back today (Monday). They gave me a case # and are sending it to my dealer. They said if I don't here from my dealer in a few days to call them and give them my Case #. Pretty happy with the quickness of getting back to me.
    you are going to love your air flow panels. I've had mine for a year now and they're wonderful. We did a 5,200 mile trip this summer with no heat problems whatsoever.I was one of the first three to have brp pay for and have my panels installed. At the time we could not go through my dealer, except to establish a problem, that was a must. I had to go through brp care. After a few stops and starts they set me up with a care representative and he took care of the whole thing for me, it was great and they did a wonderful job. Make sure to let us know how you like them.

Spyder Garage

Default New Airflow panels for 2013 ST-S

Hi all, new to the forum and the Spyder. I have dreamed of getting one for many years and I lucked into one. A 2013 ST-S SE5, Circuit Yellow with 3 miles on it. The previous owner had it ordered and shipped to his house then never drove it. Problem is it looks like I need the same Air-Flow Panels that all of you have. I am the second owner, even though the bike was never driven, they consider it used. Not sure if they are going to honor the warranty replacement of these or not. Any advise from the people that have done this already that might make it go a little smoother.

Spyder Garage

Ask a dealer if they would help you have it covered, if not buy the panels.

....and the panels aren't the be all cure all. There are some things that make a bigger difference if you are mechanically inclined to dig deeper.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Ask a dealer if they would help you have it covered, if not buy the panels.

....and the panels aren't the be all cure all. There are some things that make a bigger difference if you are mechanically inclined to dig deeper.
    Can you give some clues where to dig?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dyrwolf View Post
    Can you give some clues where to dig?

One of the biggest differences was removing the factory air cleaner and related parts. And replace it w/a JT Air cleaner http://gnipsel.com/spyderstore/index...tegory&path=64

The factory air assembly covers the whole front of the motor...1) Holding in the heat, and 2) blocking airflow.

Second biggest thing was once the air cleaner is done, move the fuel canister up and forward...it stops any unwanted fuel smells caused from boiling out the gas in it.

Third is adding some heat shield around parts such as the fuel tank and behind panels near your feet/legs.

Yes some say you shouldn't have to do these things and some claim they don't work...but they all worked on my ST-S and I got to know the bike more in doing so.

Spyder Garage

Those are the original panels.

New ones look like this:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bscrive; 05-26-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default new panels ?

My wife bought a left over new 2013 STS last fall. She says that it is very hot. Is these the new panels or does she need to contact BRP.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Those are the original panels.

New ones look like this:

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcasey View Post
    My wife bought a left over new 2013 STS last fall. She says that it is very hot. Is these the new panels or does she need to contact BRP.
    You should contact your dealer about BRP replacing the panels. It's a warranty issue

Spyder Garage

I just picked up a new 2013 ST-S SE5 Circuit Yellow on May 15th and have been experiencing the "sauna effect" while on my Spyder. I contacted the dealership last Monday (5/25) and have not heard back from them yet. I just sent an email to BRP hoping to get a problem number and BRP notifying the dealer so I may get new panels relatively soon.
    I am trying to be patient, which is difficult for me, but I will have to wait like everyone else.

Spyder Garage

Well, I contacted BRP via email hoping to get a problem number to possibly expedite the fix of the heat problem. BRP's response was contact a dealer, and BTW problem is resolved therefore inquiry closed. Really? Well I have not heard from the dealer and I still have a heat problem, it is not closed to me!!! I responded to BRP and told them I did not appreciate being blown off! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately, you will have to go back to your dealer and insist that the new panels are put on. I believe that they will do some checking to satisfy BRP and then request the new panels. If your dealership won't do anything then I would suggest contacting another and do your business there for now on.

Spyder Garage

I just heard back from BRP, they explained to me what they were trying to say was that any authorized Spyder dealer can help me. I am still waiting to hear from the dealer I where I purchased my Spyder (100 miles from home). If I get no satisfaction from the purchasing dealer then I will attempt to find a dealer willing to help. I am having the BajaRon sway bar installed at a dealer closer (30 miles) to home. Ron recommended this dealer as they have installed a lot of his sway bars.

06/07/2015 - I have heard back from the dealer, they are ordering all the parts necessary to fix this problem. Now it is just waiting until all the parts come in. The service manager did tell me the job is much more than just replacing the outer panels and it will require 1 mechanic a full day to complete the work.
    Last edited by ingramwc; 06-07-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default replacement kit

My BRP dealer told me today that BRP is not issuing new panels but a kit that has to be installed in the old ones. Has anyone had the "kit" installed? How does it look? Do they eliminate they heat on the right foot/leg?

Thanks Donna

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pearlspyder View Post
    My BRP dealer told me today that BRP is not issuing new panels but a kit that has to be installed in the old ones. Has anyone had the "kit" installed? How does it look? Do they eliminate they heat on the right foot/leg?

Thanks Donna

This kit includes the panels.

Helps, but not a total cure.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The STs get new panels...
    The RTs, are getting scoops installed on their existing panels.

There may have been some confusion about the model of bike being discussed.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default My STS is at the shop

Well guys, I finally got a case number from BRP and drop off my STS for diagnostic test. Its been a week. Im assuming there is some progress going on. This week I should here back from the dealership hoping for good news on my heat issue. Will keep you all posted. Im still amazed that after all the STS owners have complained about this heat issue, there still isn't a recall but I guess BRP rather deal with the issue only if we complain about it.

Spyder Garage

I have talked to 2 dealerships about the heat problem with my 2013 ST-S, both are waiting on parts kits from BRP to install the "Heat Fix" on RT's and ST's. Both models will be getting intake scoops added to side panels, no new panels. This is all part of the notice released by BRP on 5/26/15. There is also work being done under the covers. BRP has allotted 3.5 hours to complete the work on each Spyder. I am waiting for the dealer where I bought the Spyder to call and tell me the kit is in so I can get it installed and end the misery of the heat!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ingramwc View Post
    I have talked to 2 dealerships about the heat problem with my 2013 ST-S, both are waiting on parts kits from BRP to install the "Heat Fix" on RT's and ST's. Both models will be getting intake scoops added to side panels, no new panels. This is all part of the notice released by BRP on 5/26/15. There is also work being done under the covers. BRP has allotted 3.5 hours to complete the work on each Spyder. I am waiting for the dealer where I bought the Spyder to call and tell me the kit is in so I can get it installed and end the misery of the heat!!!

Id like to see these "scoops" you speak of?

I got new designed panels in my update, not just some "scoops" added.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ingramwc View Post
    I also go newly designed the 'airflow panels' that are on the 2014 ST's. They do form a (sort of) scoop but nothing like is on the RT. I'm not sure why they told you "no new panels" because that's exactly what they are ... a new design. And you'll definitely enjoy the end to the heat problem - your engine components will thank you too. I've had my panels for almost a year ... they rock.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pearlspyder View Post

Thanks Donna
    Many of us have had the kit installed on our 2013 ST models - Air Flow PANELS. I never had heat on the right foot, mine was on the left and I still get a small amount but over all it's awesome, and no more worry my engine components getting fried.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    The engine temp has nothing to do w it.

Its concentrated heat that you feel through and around the panels mainly blowing/radiating to your legs and feet. If it's unbearable "at times", then you have it.

The engine temp has everything to do it - lack of air flow is the problem ... all that heat had no place to go until they installed the 2014 Air Flow Panels on my ST. My panels got up to 182 degrees at one point. Now they are a reasonable temp.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdwheel View Post
    I don't see the difference. Can some one post a picture of an upgraded bike that is lighter in colour and facing the sun please???

Spyder Garage

2014 ST/RS panels are not being used anymore! If you already have the new panels, then you got lucky. 2 dealers told me that heat issues will be fixed under the new procedure that was just released 05/26/2015 by BRP. That's how my problem is going to be fixed, that is all I know. I am not making this up. There are pictures of the new scoops on another thread, but I do not remember which thread. This is not my opinion, just what I was told. I get no thrill out of spinning BS!

Update:
    Here is a link to a thread of an RT with the new scoops: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...3-RT-Roadsters

If the dealers are BSing, why would 2 dealers over 100 miles apart in 2 different states have the same story? Just my $.02.
    Last edited by ingramwc; 06-13-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Spyder Garage

You may be correct in what you have been told by the dealer, but I don't see how the scoops that are being put on the '13 RT's would fit on the ST and RS's. BRP is still making the new panels because they come on the '14 and '15 ST's and RS's. They will easily fit on the earlier ST's and RS's. I think the dealer is full of BS.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red