Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Your bike was at the dealer for 7 weeks?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Your bike was at the dealer for 7 weeks?

Yes i lost all of my bonus riding weather this year .

Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

i have a 2013 st s how do i know if i have the new air flow pieces

Spyder Garage

Default jima

See thread #273 for pictures.
    2013 ST , Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Air flow panels

Quote Originally Posted by jima View Post
    i have a 2013 st s how do i know if i have the new air flow pieces
    I don't see the difference. Can some one post a picture of an upgraded bike that is lighter in colour and facing the sun please???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdwheel View Post
    I don't see the difference. Can some one post a picture of an upgraded bike that is lighter in colour and facing the sun please???
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/a...8&d=1380109822
    The ST on the right shows the new 2014 panels

Here's the original thread on the panels...
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ew-Side-panels
    That picture comparison was POST #11
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

spyderj.jpg
    You can almost fit your fist in the hole.
    Last edited by Craniac; 01-05-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Air flow panels

Quote Originally Posted by nhoj View Post
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/a...8&d=1380109822
    The ST on the right shows the new 2014 panels

Here's the original thread on the panels...
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ew-Side-panels
    That picture comparison was POST #11
    Thanks for the help.

Spyder Garage

Arrow Nu2Spyderb

Quote Originally Posted by hulksdaddy View Post
    I've noticed the same thing. The new panels are always cool to the touch, but the area you are talking about(left side) gets hot. I also feel like there is hot air blowing out on my ankle there. Feel like the new air coming through the new panel is blowing the heat down to that area, where most of it gets trapped.
    Sounds like a 2012 RT-S but on opposite side. Just saying....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New panels for the ST

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsm69 View Post
    I just sent an email directly to brp.care@brp.com
    I have sent numerous emails to them and it seems they have a rotation up there whether or not they are going to give any attention to the problems as they come in. Mine just doesn't seem to hit the right co. Kinda like the lottery. I am not a fan of BRP as you can tell. My 2013 ST-SE5 blows such hot air that it is near un-ride-able after about 100 miles.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thrinsag View Post
    I have sent numerous emails to them and it seems they have a rotation up there whether or not they are going to give any attention to the problems as they come in. Mine just doesn't seem to hit the right co. Kinda like the lottery. I am not a fan of BRP as you can tell. My 2013 ST-SE5 blows such hot air that it is near un-ride-able after about 100 miles.

Took me a couple months to get anyone's attention for me.

Hang in there.

I love my Spyder, but I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ONE.

Spyder Garage

Don't paint the 1330s with the 990 brush.. There's no heat issues with the 1330s
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Huh? The 1330 isn't even on the ST...

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thrinsag View Post
    Sorry to hear this, I know some have had problems, it depends on how much your dealer is willing to help as well, I'm thankful my local dealership only needed my number to replace all his customer's panels, so nobody else had to go through the hassle with BRP Care, it helped that I had the NHTSA investigator actually attend the install on my ST-Limited and photographed everything.

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited
    2009 GS , Iridium Plugs Red

Spyder Garage

Default Gesture Of Good Will Or Warranty??

I'm a new Spyder owner and have just registered on this forum so hopefully this is going to end up in the right place. I have read with interest about the airflow side panel upgrade. I'm having heat and fuel smell issues with my 2013 RSS which was purchased new in Nov 2014. BRP Australia have said that they will upgrade the side panels as a "gesture of good will" and because it's not considered a warranty issue or recall I will have to pay the labour cost to have them installed by my dealer. Unfortunately they won't allow me to fit them myself due to apparent warranty issues. I have seen that many people have posted that they have had them replaced and fitted free of charge and have commented that this was done as a warranty issue. BRP rep in Australia has told me that there isn't any country in which they are being replaced under warranty and has asked me to try and obtain Case numbers, service bulletin numbers, BRP reps names that arranged to have them installed and dealers names that are replacing them with no labour charge. There appears to be quite a few mentioned under this topic/thread. I'm not looking to cause anyone any trouble but I certainly think this should be considered a warranty issue and feel as though I'm beating my head against a brick wall. My new panels are being installed next Wednesday so I will have to pay to have them installed and hopefully get it refunded back to me if I can prove that it's being treated as a warranty claim elsewhere outside of Australia. Any help and information would be gratefully accepted.

Thank you in advance

ARACND (Brendan)

Spyder Garage

My wife got hers replaced last August and it didn't cost a cent. Our dealer Loiselle Sports in Embrun Ontario Canada is the one that replaced them. We got a case number from BRP and called our dealer a week later and they had the email from BRP to replace them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default pm sent

aracnd, sent you a pm on this subject.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I rode mine on Wednesday, it was cold outside so the heat didn't bother me, but the smell of gasoline was overwhelming at times. At least Can-Am denies any issue this like most companies do these days. I wouldn't expect anything difference in this day and age.

Spyder Garage

With a little mechanical skills you can move the gas canister forward and higher and never have the gas fumes again.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    My wife got hers replaced last August and it didn't cost a cent. Our dealer Loiselle Sports in Embrun Ontario Canada is the one that replaced them. We got a case number from BRP and called our dealer a week later and they had the email from BRP to replace them.
    Thanks for the info bsrive. I was wondering if you still have your case number? I'm finding that people are listing either the dealer that fitted the panels or the case number but not both.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's_Spyder View Post
    I rode mine on Wednesday, it was cold outside so the heat didn't bother me, but the smell of gasoline was overwhelming at times. At least Can-Am denies any issue this like most companies do these days. I wouldn't expect anything difference in this day and age.
    Hi Jims_Spyder
    The heat issue is secondary for me but just bearable even though it's what's causing my number one issue the fuel vapour and smell. BRP have come to the party replacing the panels next Wednesday. I just want to be treated the same as others and have them installed free of charge as I've been told that I'm not allowed to fit them myself.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Great news. I told my wife that she needs to do the same for her STL. She finds it a little hot but she says that she can put up with it. I was going to buy the new panels but if they are replacing them under warranty it is time to make the call.
    She may be able to put up with the heat, too bad her engine components can't. Get 'm replaced before too much damage is done.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARACND View Post
    Hi Jims_Spyder
    The heat issue is secondary for me but just bearable even though it's what's causing my number one issue the fuel vapour and smell. BRP have come to the party replacing the panels next Wednesday. I just want to be treated the same as others and have them installed free of charge as I've been told that I'm not allowed to fit them myself.
    I sent a fairly direct email to Can-Am on Friday and got a phone call from customer service within a couple hours. I now have a case number for diagnostics and hopefully a repair. Here is the wording of the email I sent:

I bought a used (2K mile) 2013 Spyder RT in September 2014. After I rode it a few times I noticed that the right side foot wheel was hotter that I liked it. (120-140 degrees Fahrenheit) I also noticed that the smell of gasoline was often overwhelming at times. I contacted the local dealer when I was having some other factory updates being done about the issue. They said there was nothing listed as repair or fix action for either of these problems. I did some research and I found online a list of replacement panels that Can-Am is making to fix this problem. Even when I produced the picture of the replacement parts and part numbers to the dealer they had no idea what I was talking about. They said they called the dealer Can-Am help desk and they knew nothing of this issue.
    I found and joined a forum site where many people are having these panels replaced on the bikes some are being forced to buy them and some are being replaced for free. I would like to get a case number for replacement panels or whatever needs to be done to get the replacement ordered and installed onto my Spyder. The heat on the right side foot wheel is hot enough it can be felt through a quality riding boot on a warm day.

The part I find difficult to understand is some dealers know about and take care of this issue with little to no effort of the owners. Other dealers like the one I have know nothing of the issue and can’t even find anyone at Can-Am that knows anything about the problem.

What I would like is a case number for the installation of the replacement panels.
    My contact information is:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-for-2013-ST-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the tip all. I emailed BRP on Friday about my ST panels and I all ready received a email back today (Monday). They gave me a case # and are sending it to my dealer. They said if I don't here from my dealer in a few days to call them and give them my Case #. Pretty happy with the quickness of getting back to me.