Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's_Spyder View Post

Does this look like I have the heating issue.

The engine temp has nothing to do w it.

Its concentrated heat that you feel through and around the panels mainly blowing/radiating to your legs and feet. If it's unbearable "at times", then you have it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Last edited by DrewNJ; 02-02-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

Back in June, we decided to get the new panels for my wife's 2013 ST-S. We paid out of pocket and the panels made a big difference for the better. Shortly after that, as you all know, Can-Am started offering the upgrade under warranty. I was just going to forget about it but I figured nothing to lose by asking for a refund for my out of pocket expenses. I called BRP headquarters and told them what happened. At first I was told that since it was before the warranty period, nothing they could do. I just asked for a re-consideration and explained what my wife went through, first degree burns on her left leg after riding, how long we had the bike,etc. After a few questions and answers, BRP agreed to the refund. I gave them all the dealer info where the panels were installed and they verified the info and approved the refund. It actually took over a month for the process to go through but we eventually got our money.Thanks to BRP for coming through.

Spyder Garage

Funny how different story's are on this subject

Mine took 2 months, but finally got my money back.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by azjerry View Post
    Back in June, we decided to get the new panels for my wife's 2013 ST-S. We paid out of pocket and the panels made a big difference for the better. Shortly after that, as you all know, Can-Am started offering the upgrade under warranty. I was just going to forget about it but I figured nothing to lose by asking for a refund for my out of pocket expenses. I called BRP headquarters and told them what happened. At first I was told that since it was before the warranty period, nothing they could do. I just asked for a re-consideration and explained what my wife went through, first degree burns on her left leg after riding, how long we had the bike,etc. After a few questions and answers, BRP agreed to the refund. I gave them all the dealer info where the panels were installed and they verified the info and approved the refund. It actually took over a month for the process to go through but we eventually got our money.Thanks to BRP for coming through.
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Funny how different story's are on this subject

Mine took 2 months, but finally got my money back.
    I am happy you guys finally got your money back. It took a while the the end result was a good one.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default ST Airflow panels

Quote Originally Posted by Steve67 View Post
    A very nicely worded email to BRP care advising of the heat to the right leg and asking when they were going to be made available in pure magnesium is all it took for the new panels to be made available and installed as a good will jester by BRP. I had to wait about three months but in the end after a few follow up emails they were amazing with the customer care. Just had them installed by dealer and notice the difference already.....very happy spyder owner.....
    just saw this and I just bought a new 2013 ST. Is this honored for any 2013 ST owner. It did seem a bit warm at traffic stops.

Spyder Garage

Yes, contact BRP and they will contact your dealer to get it taken care of.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spideybuffal0 View Post
    just saw this and I just bought a new 2013 ST. Is this honored for any 2013 ST owner. It did seem a bit warm at traffic stops.
    That should be a good thing in Buffalo. You could maybe melt the snow off your driveway.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

New member here. Forgive me for not reading all the posts on this thread!
    I just bought a 2014 STL...does this issue apply to the 2014's?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by searsboy View Post
    New member here. Forgive me for not reading all the posts on this thread!
    I just bought a 2014 STL...does this issue apply to the 2014's?

A 2014 ST already has these upgraded panels discussed here.

Welcome

Spyder Garage

Default New Side Panels for 2013 ST

I got a call from my dealer a week and half ago that my new side panels were available for installation. I had appointment for Wed. of last week. I arrived at 9AM and ready to have the side panels installed. However whoever checked the box in at the dealer did not do inventory of the box and when the tech went to install the side panels they did not have the kit to install them. I think the Canadian customs may have opened the box to check the contents as the box had been opened and then put back together. That should have been a red flag for the dealer to do a close inspection of the package and notified BRP immediately about the shortage. I am hoping they can expedite a kit from BRP.
    Last edited by djhobin; 11-28-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    2013 ST , Black

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default what's in the box

Quote Originally Posted by djhobin View Post
    I got a call from my dealer a week and half ago that my new side panels were available for installation. I had appointment for Wed. of last week. I arrived at 9AM and ready to have the side panels installed. However whoever checked the box in at the dealer did not do inventory of the box and when the tech went to install the side panels they did not have the kit to install them. I think the Canadian customs may have opened the box to check the contents as the box had been opened and then put back together. That should have been a red flag for the dealer to do a close inspection of the package and notified BRP immediately about the shortage. I am hoping they can expedite a kit form BRP.
    We received our boxes - not sure what you mean by "kit". We got 2 new panels per side, a black bit & screws which could only screw on to the back of one of the panels - it lines up in the right place, 2 reflective bits per side which again were easy to figure out (comparing to the inside of the old panels). No extra screws needed, in fact you get some leftovers. Oh and some canam stickers. I think that was it. No instructions, but quite intuitive. The black (foglight) surrounds just clip out of the old panel and into the new. All we did was remove 2 panels/side, fiddle around, take our time and hey presto all done in a little over an hour. Oh we also looked closely at the old panels and noticed we had to put the little black rubber thing from the old panel onto the new (where it sits near the top/seat area, just a stopper we presume). Not sure what your dealer thinks he needs... it's all in the box. The panels/black thing/reflective/sticker IS the kit.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that it was an easy upgrade for you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default New Side Panels for 2013 ST

I would like to amend the last statement I made concerning the side panel replacement in that the dealer had put in the side panels on the Spyder the only thing that they were not able to put on was the CAN-AM decal on the right side. I would assume that was the item that was missing from the kit. The left side decal was put on. So I am just waiting for the right side decal to be done.
    2013 ST , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default decal

Quote Originally Posted by djhobin View Post
    I would like to amend the last statement I made concerning the side panel replacement in that the dealer had put in the side panels on the Spyder the only thing that they were not able to put on was the CAN-AM decal on the right side. I would assume that was the item that was missing from the kit. The left side decal was put on. So I am just waiting for the right side decal to be done.
    Okay, good stuff. I must say my canam decals are on the garage shelf, I like the panels better without them, and knew it would upset me forever if I got it just the littlest bit crooked, as I'm sure I would have as my reading glasses fall off when I tip my head to look closely at things... Should have gone to specsavers! Glad you've got your panels on now & thanks for the update.

Spyder Garage

Default Airflow Panels for ST

The panels were all completed late Nov and so far the heat under the Tupperware is not a factor. The panels took care of that issue, however it has not been real hot here in SoCal. Took the bike for a ride of 216 miles on Dec 8 and no heat issues. Temps in the 70s. I'm a happy Spyder camper.
    2013 ST , Black

Spyder Garage

I finally had them done at my last service. along with some other updates. I don't know how much they help till next year , as the riding season is pretty much over unless we get a warm day. but either way I think they look real cool.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default New Panels

I may have missed it in earlier posts, but can someone post a picture of old panels versus new panels. I'm not sure my 2013 ST-LTD has the new ones (was purchased in August of 2014). There has not been a heat problem but then all my riding before winter was in cool weather. I also have a serious gas smell that I'm keeping notes on for the dealer hoping the panels are the answer or worst case, that is an issue altogether different than the panels.

Spyder Garage

Gas smell Is a little different problem.

Many thoughts on the subject, but I think the fuel vent canister (or whatever it is called) should be moved up and forward away from the exhaust heat....it cured mine.

Sorry, but I'm not near my pics to send you a pic of new vs old panels.

Spyder Garage

Default ST old Panels vs New

I don't know if you can see the difference between the two panels. The pic where I am on the Spyder has the old panels and the other has the new panels.

0308141210.jpg1104141540.jpg
    2013 ST , Black

Spyder Garage

If there is a hole about the size of your fist below the mirrors, you have the new panels. No large hole, old panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve67 View Post
    A very nicely worded email to BRP care advising of the heat to the right leg and asking when they were going to be made available in pure magnesium is all it took for the new panels to be made available and installed as a good will jester by BRP. I had to wait about three months but in the end after a few follow up emails they were amazing with the customer care. Just had them installed by dealer and notice the difference already.....very happy spyder owner.....

I went to my dealer and asked what they would do for me. They contacted BRP and i got new shocks and the side panels for my ST 2013. They also did all the other waranty work and i was only charged for my laser alignment. I read all the posts on this site and used the information to help my case. BTW the dealer Is Johnny Ks Power Sports. It did take 7 weeks but it was not the dealers fault.They had to match some part numbers for the shocks and then the side panels.