Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsm69 View Post
    BRP is handling this on a case by case basis, so don't look for a bulletin number to be issued, you will need to get your own case number assigned to your individual dealership in order to get the new panels for yourself, bottom line is it's all about money
    One person injured in a fire and BRP will learn what it means to be penny wise and pound foolish.

But at least they are taking a step forward.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Having done my own also, I sent an email to BRP. They contacted my dealer (for unknown reasons to me, because I didn't purchase them there)...still waiting...

2 weeks, still no word. Dealer says they haven't heard back from BRP either.

Spyder Garage

2 weeks, still no word. Dealer says they haven't heard back from BRP either.

Spyder Garage

My buddy Woodstock!

LOL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Got my new Panels on ST

Sorry for everyone's problems & delays with the new panels. I agree this should have been handled better from BRP.

I actually had quick success in getting replacement panels. I made 1 phone call about 2 weeks ago to BRP. They immediately opened up a case file while on the phone and told me to contact my dealer and give them the number. I was due for my 5k service anyway so scheduled both for last week. They got the panels and installed them. There is a noticeable difference. I only made the 40 minute ride home since and that was at dusk so it was cool out. I will be out riding this weekend and really see how they effect the heat.

One thing that my service manager did tell me was that technically BRP wanted him to perform the computer update first to see how that attenuated the heat and send me on my way before putting in for the new panels. He knew it is a chore for me to get the bike in for service so he did them both at the same time. I luckily have a sharp & experienced service manager.

I'll let you know how it goes. Good luck but don't just let them "get back to you". Be pro-active and call customer care at BRP. Perhaps it matters who gets on the phone?

Spyder Garage

Big thanks to BRP!!

This past Wednesday I just got my new panels installed under warranty, along with my 4,600 mile service.

About a month ago I sent a note to BRPCare here on SpyderLovers explaining my heat issues and concerns. He requested I send the note to the BRP customer care site, for which I copy pasted. About a week or two later I received an email from BRP with a case # asking me to get the 2013-9 bulletin done, which is the flash on the ECM to regulate heat (blah blah blah). So, I figured I had to go through the motions and get the first step done before pressing for new side panels.

So, I scheduled an appointment with my dealer and went in for the update. Upon reviewing the case notes on their computer he said they also stated to offer me new side panels. Woohoo!! He ordered them and this past week got them installed.

Not sure what the magic formula is with BRP and response time... I didn't do anything special except for being polite and patient. I would advise that once you get a case # from BRP to be active in calling the dealership to look it up... my dealership is not active in scanning for new case #'s and then calling the customer.

The new panels are great... rode home that day (~40 miles) in 100+F heat and the heat difference on the panels is amazing!!

Thanks BRP... I'm ready for SpyderQuest!!
    SmoothSpyder Backrest | Removed 'CanAm' graphics | ThermoTech II Wrapped Exhaust | 2014 Vented Side Panels | BajaRon Sway Bar | BajaRon Heim Links | Bump Skid (via SpyderQuest & SpyderPops) | Rivco drink bracket, reversed, with X-Grip for phone holder | BRP Ultra Touring Windshield | Givi Hard Saddlebags | Russell Day-Long Seat

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 ST Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Steve67 View Post
    A very nicely worded email to BRP care advising of the heat to the right leg and asking when they were going to be made available in pure magnesium is all it took for the new panels to be made available and installed as a good will jester by BRP. I had to wait about three months but in the end after a few follow up emails they were amazing with the customer care. Just had them installed by dealer and notice the difference already.....very happy spyder owner.....
    Just sent very polite email last night to BRP talking about heat problem and gas fumes. How long did you wait before you got your first response ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dgjason View Post
    Just sent very polite email last night to BRP talking about heat problem and gas fumes. How long did you wait before you got your first response ?
    It took about a month or so......just send a follow up in a couple of weeks and ask if a customer care rep has been assigned yet.

Spyder Garage

My timeline:

7/28 - Sent PM to BRPCare here on SpyderLovers
    7/31 - Email from BRPCare (SpyderLovers) to send VIN to BRP Care Customer Service
    8/1-8/6 - Exchanged a few emails because dealership hadn't transferred ownership of warranty - got it resolved
    8/12 - Received Case #

Couple of days later called my dealership to look up Case # and schedule service.

8/20 - Got the 2013-9 update done and ordered panels.
    9/3 - Panels installed.

Steve M. from BRP Care helped me and I have to give him kudos... they were proactive in offering the panels and the whole process was very easy!
    SmoothSpyder Backrest | Removed 'CanAm' graphics | ThermoTech II Wrapped Exhaust | 2014 Vented Side Panels | BajaRon Sway Bar | BajaRon Heim Links | Bump Skid (via SpyderQuest & SpyderPops) | Rivco drink bracket, reversed, with X-Grip for phone holder | BRP Ultra Touring Windshield | Givi Hard Saddlebags | Russell Day-Long Seat

Invalid Emails
    In the hills South of Edinburgh, Scotland
    Spyder Garage

I both emailed and snail-mailed them on 29 April and sent a couple of chasers since. They replied two weeks ago asking for more information. I replied by return and I'm still waiting for their response. Not great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Fast response

Sent an E mail to them Wed. Got a response and a case number the next day.

Spyder Garage

is this ONLY for 2013? or could I try it with my 09?
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Spyder Garage

Took me 2-1/2 weeks from start to end with BRP Care, Steve moved the process along very fast

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited
    2009 GS , Iridium Plugs Red

Spyder Garage

My first response was 2 days later.

It's now going into week three and not getting any more response from them.

Spyder Garage

My wife sent an email on a Tuesday evening and Steve M from BRP emailed her the next day with our case number. Panels were installed a week later. We did have to call our dealer after we got the case number.

Spyder Garage

Sent the email and contacted the dealership on the case#. They are testing it as we speak to ensure the heat is not caused by any other issues. From what I was hearing, it started to sound like if they don't find a problem, he wouldn't install them.

If this is the case, does anyone know if the claim only works at the purchased dealership?

Spyder Garage

I think I'm heading into week four of no response back from BRP.

Spyder Garage

I think I'm heading into week four of no response back from BRP.

Just a guess, but BRP may be trying to decide how to handle people that bought the panels on there own dime?? After all I think you paid more for the kit you installed than the kit BRP has put together. I do not know if this is true but just thought I would throw it out there.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 900Dave View Post
    Just a guess, but BRP may be trying to decide how to handle people that bought the panels on there own dime?? After all I think you paid more for the kit you installed than the kit BRP has put together. I do not know if this is true but just thought I would throw it out there.

I understand that, eventhough at the time of purchase I got the best deal available to the public. I'd just like to have a response that they are doing something or working out something.

Spyder Garage

Default air flow panels

I just got a 2013 sts se5 how do i tell if the air flow panels were replaced ?? i did notice it is quite hot on my left leg.
    2013 sts , Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

After contacting BRP, I had the new panels installed by my dealer. I had previously installed air wings. I replaced the stock panel bolts with the ones supplied by Baker, slightly longer to reflect the additional width of the brackets. When the dealer installed the new panels they did use any bolts stating that they needed the original bolts from the 2013 panels. The "Baker" bolts and the original bolts are the same thread size, both the original and the Baker bolts are smaller in diameter then what the replacement panels require. I am thinking that the new panels use "1/4" turn bolts. Any one else run into this issue?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    My wife sent her letter to BRP Care last night. Now let's see how long it takes them to get back to us and change her panels.

Can you post the address for BRP Care. We have had a lot of heat issues with our STL.

Spyder Garage

10 days and no response from BRP. What happens to other people seems to be all over the map as far as response times and any effort to solve the problem with new panels. I called my dealer about the heat problem and they tell me "We have NEVER heard of any heat issue". Hard to deal with them when you know they are lying to you. I will be patient.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Pushing to the top......

After contacting BRP, I had the new panels installed by my dealer. I had previously installed air wings. I replaced the stock panel bolts with the ones supplied by Baker, slightly longer to reflect the additional width of the brackets. When the dealer installed the new panels they did use any bolts stating that they needed the original bolts from the 2013 panels. The "Baker" bolts and the original bolts are the same thread size, both the original and the Baker bolts are smaller in diameter then what the replacement panels require. I am thinking that the new panels use "1/4" turn bolts. Any one else run into this issue?