Spyder Garage

Default 12Rss with power commander v and TBR Cf dual exhuast

I have posted earlier about the issues of just adding my TBR CF dual exhaust. It's was Running to lean , Backing firing, burning thru baffle packing at rapid rate,popping noise when I slow down etc. I just added the PCV and it made all the difference. Ended all issues and changed the throttle by making it much smother. It's like a new bike. I can really appreciate these pipes now because they are working correct and have taken my ride to a new level. So out it out there now.....the PCV in a Rss with these pipes is worth the money and will fix your problem!!

Spyder Garage

I had to add a PCV with my TBR single exhaust. Mine runs perfect too!
    2020 CAN-AM Spyder F3-S Special Series (sold)

2022 CAN-AM Ryker Rally 900

Spyder Garage

Default The way I see it..!!

(Sorry Chupaca...had to steal your copyrighted title line for this one lol)

...is that there are pros and cons to the PCV.

In my opinion, here they are:

Cons:
    -it cost money and a good bit at that
    -lower MPG
    -eliminates backfiring and decel popping which I love!

From the reports I have read:

Pros:
    -little faster
    -little smoother

Clearly, some (maybe most) would put the eliminates backfiring and decel popping in the pro's bucket. but I love those sounds. To me, those sounds are the quintessence of high performance and free flowing exhaust. I've heard them on vettes and vipers and just love those sounds. So, the gain in performance and supposed gain in smoothness just doesn't seem to warrant losing MPG's and my beloved Two bro's dual exhaust backfiring and decel popping music. As always, YMMV.

That being said...I'm really glad that you are happy with your purchase! By the way...have you noticed a definitive difference in power/speed/performance? If so, how would you describe it? Lastly, what did you dislike about the backfiring and decel popping?
    2012 Neutron Green RSS SE5 | Two Brothers Dual Carbon Fiber exhaust | BRP Xenon HID kit! | CalSci Tinted Shorty windshield| Throttlemeister CC | Baja Ron sway bar | TricLED halo ground effects kit | Sena SMH10's |

The wifey on Tessa the day we brought her home!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StealthSpyder View Post

Cons:
    -lower MPG

Pros:
    -little faster
    -little smoother

Clearly, some (maybe most) would put the eliminates backfiring and decel popping in the pro's bucket. but I love those sounds. To me, those sounds are the quintessence of high performance and free flowing exhaust. I've heard them on vettes and vipers and just love those sounds. So, the gain in performance and supposed gain in smoothness just doesn't seem to warrant losing MPG's and my beloved Two bro's dual exhaust backfiring and decel popping music. As always, YMMV.

That being said...I'm really glad that you are happy with your purchase! By the way...have you noticed a definitive difference in power/speed/performance? If so, how would you describe it? Lastly, what did you dislike about the backfiring and decel popping?
    my rss is running like a totally diffrent bike know. It wants to shift at higher speeds and is just a smoother ride.
    Its faster and more responsive then ever.
    The decal popping and back firing is because the engine was running to lean which is not good for the engine in the long term. I guess I like a cleaner sound, But to each there own :-)

Spyder Garage

Did you also add the auto tune?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by librathe13th View Post
    my rss is running like a totally diffrent bike know. It wants to shift at higher speeds and is just a smoother ride.
    Its faster and more responsive then ever.
    The decal popping and back firing is because the engine was running to lean which is not good for the engine in the long term. I guess I like a cleaner sound, But to each there own :-)

Definitely hear you on the cleaner sound! Now that you say that...I think I may have asked you the same question in another thread. Another poster mentioned they liked the cleaner sound too. The way you said it the same way, I'm guessing that was also you. Sorry for the redundant inquiry if so.

That being said...from what I have read...I'm not sure if running lean is actually a problem at all in the long run. The research I've done indicates it's the opposite. Running lean, while some may consider it annoying, (not me haha!)...it is actually harmless to the motor and exhaust system overall.

I'd be very curious if anyone disagrees with that. I'll be the first to say I don't know for sure, but this is just what I've read.
    2012 Neutron Green RSS SE5 | Two Brothers Dual Carbon Fiber exhaust | BRP Xenon HID kit! | CalSci Tinted Shorty windshield| Throttlemeister CC | Baja Ron sway bar | TricLED halo ground effects kit | Sena SMH10's |

The wifey on Tessa the day we brought her home!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderspyke View Post
    Did you also add the auto tune?
    No on the 2012 rss you need to weld 02 sensors into exhaust. It was more work and money. It's over kill unless your traveling the world on a rss.

Spyder Garage

Definitely hear you on the cleaner sound! Now that you say that...I think I may have asked you the same question in another thread. Another poster mentioned they liked the cleaner sound too. The way you said it the same way, I'm guessing that was also you. Sorry for the redundant inquiry if so.

That being said...from what I have read...I'm not sure if running lean is actually a problem at all in the long run. The research I've done indicates it's the opposite. Running lean, while some may consider it annoying, (not me haha!)...it is actually harmless to the motor and exhaust system overall.

I'd be very curious if anyone disagrees with that. I'll be the first to say I don't know for sure, but this is just what I've read.
    The problem is that if you go too lean is the air fuel mixture will explode at inopportune times, and do things like damage your pistons; you can punch a hole in the top of your piston. Running Too lean will actually make you lose more mpg in the long run because you wont get good throttle response and youre going to be flooring it all the time since your spyder isnt going to be functioning properly..it wil cause premature wear on parts.

Spyder Garage

Default Depends..!

Use it whenever you like..

If you are using a competition type pipe with no air changes this could cause those problems. Most are looking for a crisp deep tone and it does not require a competition pipe. I believe you and I are among the few that find the sound of our pipe popping and all pleasing. I do not use a fuel controler and don't need it even if it could clear up the backfires and popping. My plug burn perfect and I have never thrown a lean code in 22,000 miles of hard ryding. But this is not to say the op did not need one and has helped his situation...

Cons:
    -lower MPG

Pros:
    -little faster
    -little smoother

Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black