Spyder Garage

Default Russell saddle , owners.

I had one on my V Strom and loved it. Owners what do you think of the Russell on your Spyder? And most of all what does your passenger think. My wife preferred the Stock seat we had on our gl 1800 wing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Love my Russell on my RT. I had one on my 08 GS and it was my first mod on the RT. Interesting you mentioned your wife liked the stock seat. Mine did too on the GS so when I got the one for the RT I had them leave the passenger portion be. She's happy. I'm happy.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

My wife does not like the stock saddle on the RT one bit.

Spyder Garage

Default Russell day long saddles

The best there is. As far as comfort goes, no question. $&$$! Yes! Worth every penny? YES!!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

If you need a new stock seat to have them mod, I have one for sale ready to ship.

PK

Spyder Garage

That's it 2 Russell seat owners?

Spyder Garage

Not yet, but I am planning on having this done. I even pick up another seat for them to use. I had the Russell on my 2003 Road King and I put 155,000 miles on that with some days up to 900+ miles with no comfort issues.
    IMHO no other seat comes close and I have had Ultimate, Corbin, and Mayer seats on bikes in the past. Expensive - yes, but in line with the other custom makers and Russell offers your mony back if after two attemps to make it right fails within 8 months.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

We have about 40,000 miles on the RDL seat on our 2010 RT. The Spyder stock seat is a cheap seat and not too much research has been done to make it any better. My wife's lower back always hurt after a day of riding...usually 300 to 400 miles around our area. We rode to the RDL shop to get our seat as custom as we could. The RDL shop is many miles from Jacumba, CA, but we rode there in one day and came back in one day. The seat, even not broken in, was awesome. Her back was tired, but not painful and for me the difference was like night and day. The furthest we have ridden without getting bed rest was 1700 miles (the first 1000 miles in 18.5 hours, the rest with longer breaks during gas fill ups). In conclusion, a seat's comfort is relative. There are many who love the stock seat. Whether or not you will like the RDL, is not for me to say. Only you can decide.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

My RDL was a costly investment for me, but IMHO was well worth the money!
    Randy
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER
    GULF COAST SPYDERRYDERS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    We have about 40,000 miles on the RDL seat on our 2010 RT. The Spyder stock seat is a cheap seat and not too much research has been done to make it any better. My wife's lower back always hurt after a day of riding...usually 300 to 400 miles around our area. We rode to the RDL shop to get our seat as custom as we could. The RDL shop is many miles from Jacumba, CA, but we rode there in one day and came back in one day. The seat, even not broken in, was awesome. Her back was tired, but not painful and for me the difference was like night and day. The furthest we have ridden without getting bed rest was 1700 miles (the first 1000 miles in 18.5 hours, the rest with longer breaks during gas fill ups). In conclusion, a seat's comfort is relative. There are many who love the stock seat. Whether or not you will like the RDL, is not for me to say. Only you can decide.
    Where was the shop you went to? Did you stay while it was done? Thanks

Spyder Garage

look at https://www.day-long.com/
    I am also looking for my 2014 rts. I had one done on my Valkyrie a few years ago. Took about 4-5 hours. They are now in Shasta (very long ride for you)
    I did several 900 mile days on Valkyrie, very comfortable.
    2014 Pearl white RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like mine better
    RT SEAT top.jpg
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

In the fall, and early winter, Russell usually has a "Group Buy", where, if they have more than 20 orders, everyone gets a 20% discount. I'm planning on getting in on that this year.

john

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsd1 View Post
    Where was the shop you went to? Did you stay while it was done? Thanks
    https://www.day-long.com/

Stayed over night in a cabin about 6 miles north of the shop. Took them all day to do it, so we stayed another night at the cabin. Go to their site and read up.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

For those not wanting to be Spyderless while waiting on the work to be accomplished, I still have that oem seat with no mods which is what they will only work on.

PK

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

For us it was a good choice, very comfortable. If you are considering it, do any mods first, like floorboards or pegs. The pictures you take of you and your wife on the spyder, in normal riding position, will influence the build of the seat. Tell them what you are looking for, your likes and dislikes with your current seat.

Took us about 4.5 weeks to turn it around, it was winter so it did not matter. The only thing we would do different is get a 100% leather seat. Ours has a leather top with vinyl sides. Properly cared for leather will last a long long time. Just not a vinyl fan.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RDL

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Not yet, but I am planning on having this done. I even pick up another seat for them to use. I had the Russell on my 2003 Road King and I put 155,000 miles on that with some days up to 900+ miles with no comfort issues. IMHO no other seat comes close and I have had Ultimate, Corbin, and Mayer seats on bikes in the past. Expensive - yes, but in line with the other custom makers and Russell offers your mony back if after two attemps to make it right fails within 8 months.
    I was in Bloomington, MN and Le Center, MN last week for four days and wanted to talk to you about the RDL seat. Too busy with meetings, wedding and visiting with friends & relatives to contact you. Did you get a RDL seat for your RT? If so, how do you and your wife like it? We both sat on a 2015 Harley Tri Glide last week and liked the seats a LOT... renting one tomorrow for three days... if my wife likes it, we may trade our '14 RT. Lyle...
    2014 RT Limited
    1998 Honda Helix Scooter

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Same boat here, my wife hates the stock seat and the BRP comfort seat is no better either. I'm also considering a Russel seat but the wife just want's me to get rid of the spyder and go back to a Wing trike. May have to if I can't get her to ride in comfort.
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE