Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Garden of the Gods w/Ferry Crossing

3 30.00%
  • Ride to TN to do the "Baby Dragon"

7 70.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default The Kentucky Lake / Kuttawa Ride Still On.

October 3-5, 2014 Kuttawa Kentucky

For those that wanted to attend the October ride here in Kuttawa KY I am going to plan the ride and see what other awesome things I can come up with. We are getting a great following for this ride and I don't want to loose it !!!

So If you still want to attend the first weekend in October please let me know how many and where you are coming from. That way it will help me in the planning.

If you want to contact me my email is connie9003@gmail.com my number is 270-293-3401

Meet & Greet for dinner @ Oasis Southwest Grill Friday night @ 6:00
    http://www.theoasissouthwestgrill.co...ylocation.html

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Kutt...589425!3e0!4e1

The ride will include a run down the "Baby Dragon", a stop for lunch at Meo Mio's http://www.meomios.com/PARIS_LANDING_LOCATION.php and hopefully a stop at the "Silver Trail Distillery" (This will depend on timing.)

Cost of the tour is $7.00 and Seniors are $5.00 This includes a souvenir shot glass.
    If you purchase a T-Shirt your tour is free.
    http://lblmoonshine.com/

Sponsors of Saturday nights raffle:
    http://gnipsel.com/spyderstore/
    http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/can-am-spyder.aspx
    http://tricled.com/TricLed.com/Home.html
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/girlsonspyders/

Make sure you thank them !

LOCAL LODGING INFORMATION

Days Inn Kuttawa

139 Days Inn Drive
    Kuttawa, KY 42055
    (270) 388-4060

Hampton Inn Kuttawa/Eddyville

62 Days Inn Dr
    Kuttawa, KY 42055
    (270) 388-5777

You may want to call and get your room if you haven't yet I called the Hampton Inn today and they said there is another event that weekend so they might book up quick. But if they do there are a few other little towns close by as well. Calvert City and Eddyville.

Myself and my Hubby +1
    1) Schlic and SpyderLady
    2) Mike
    3) Denise and cyclelover63
    4) Jthornton+1
    5) Jerry & Linda
    6) Jerry & Sue
    7) Memflash + 1
    9) Doc & Kathy Humphreys
    10) Tim & Pam
    11) JXVolker
    13) Chickenhoose + 1
    14) Gunner02+Charlottes Web
    15) Spyderal11 + 1
    16) Terrill & Janeen Allies
    Last edited by connie9003; 10-03-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    2014 RT , Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Count Us In

Schlic and SpyderLady will be there from St Louis area

Spyder Garage

Default Kattawa / LBL Ride

Mike from Glasgow.

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

my wife,Denise and I will be there!..from St Louis area
    Last edited by cyclelover63; 08-04-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Spyder Garage

We should be there as well. We enjoyed the ride last year and the fun at dinner.

JT

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

Thank you all for your support I look forward to seeing you all again. Please contact me with suggestions and ideas, tell me what you did and didn't like about previous rides to give me some guidance.

connie9003@gmail.com
    270-293-3401
    2014 RT , Yellow

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Doc & Kathy Humphreys will try to make it!
    Southern Indiana

Spyder Garage

Default Length of ride.

Ok guys and gals I have some great ideas running through my head but I need some input. The ride I am working on is about 200 +/- miles with some interesting stops. BUT I need to know if that is going to be to much? I can work it out where there will be a good breakoff point half way if others want to do the full ride or I can shorten the ride if most want to keep it 100 or less. Please give me some feed back asap before I start dry runs and plan lunch stops.
    2014 RT , Yellow

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by connie9003 View Post
    Ok guys and gals I have some great ideas running through my head but I need some input. The ride I am working on is about 200 +/- miles with some interesting stops. BUT I need to know if that is going to be to much? I can work it out where there will be a good breakoff point half way if others want to do the full ride or I can shorten the ride if most want to keep it 100 or less. Please give me some feed back asap before I start dry runs and plan lunch stops.
    Sounds good to me and my wife!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

OK, I am confused. I got a private message stating the ride was off. Now I see this thread. Which is it, on or off? If it is on I will be there. Let me know.

Spyder Garage

Default what is the date?

We came last year, and would like to come again. But need to schedule off at three places of employment.

What are you going to do with Jesus?

Spyder Garage

Default Dates

Oct 3-5

Quote Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
    We came last year, and would like to come again. But need to schedule off at three places of employment.
    2014 RT , Yellow

Spyder Garage

It is on ! I received the post as well and I live here. It was such a great time we couldn't let it die. So I am making it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JXVolker View Post
    OK, I am confused. I got a private message stating the ride was off. Now I see this thread. Which is it, on or off? If it is on I will be there. Let me know.
    2014 RT , Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default RIDE

Sounds like you have everything under control. Post more info about ride and stops

Spyder Garage

Default Glad to see it's on

Connie and other's that will be attending,
    I think I can speak for Michael (KentuckyGuy) and myself that we're glad to see this ride continuing. I know it was
    hard for Michael (who has worked very hard in the past to make this ride happen to cancel). But this year has been an unusal year for
    Michael and Ronda and Judy and Myself. We just couldn't put the time into it to make it happen.
    We hope Spyder ryder's and Spyderlovers continue to meet in the Kentucky Lake/Kuttawa ride. Its a great event and great time
    to just kick back and enjoy the people and the ride.
    We wish you all the best and thanks for taking the ball and running with it!
    Hope things work out that KentuckyGuy and I can join up with you guys and partake in some Apple Pie.
    Peace!
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

Thank you very much, we would love to have you!

Quote Originally Posted by rcdurango View Post
    Connie and other's that will be attending,
    I think I can speak for Michael (KentuckyGuy) and myself that we're glad to see this ride continuing. I know it was
    hard for Michael (who has worked very hard in the past to make this ride happen to cancel). But this year has been an unusal year for
    Michael and Ronda and Judy and Myself. We just couldn't put the time into it to make it happen.
    We hope Spyder ryder's and Spyderlovers continue to meet in the Kentucky Lake/Kuttawa ride. Its a great event and great time
    to just kick back and enjoy the people and the ride.
    We wish you all the best and thanks for taking the ball and running with it!
    Hope things work out that KentuckyGuy and I can join up with you guys and partake in some Apple Pie.
    Peace!
    2014 RT , Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Thank You Connie

Thank you very much, we would love to have you!
    Thank You Connie for taking this up. We look forward to this.

JT

Spyder Garage

Count Charlettsweb Web and I in. We will plan to join and look at getting a room.
    2012 RS White with corbin web seat, misty mountain seat skin, tour windshield, Hindle exhaust, handlebar risers, BRP saddlebags, foot boards, bump skid (critter splitter), fender LED lights, and lots of attitude.

Spyder Garage

Connie, have you secured any discounts at the hotel for the event?

Thanks
    JT

Spyder Garage

Ok guys and gals I have some great ideas running through my head but I need some input. The ride I am working on is about 200 +/- miles with some interesting stops. BUT I need to know if that is going to be to much? I can work it out where there will be a good breakoff point half way if others want to do the full ride or I can short n the ride if most want to keep it 100 or less. Please give me some feed back asap before I start dry runs and plan lunch stops.

First of all thank you for stepping up. I have not been able to attend any of the past KY rydes and was really looking forward to this one. To help you a little.....

Believe you may want to shorten it up a bit. 200 miles - - not counting stops and lunch is a pretty hefty/long ryde especially if you have a large group. Just the ryding alone (assuming it is on back roads, etc. is around 3-4 hours)
    - - 200 miles with interesting stops..... plan for more time than you think you need at the stops if they are interesting. Trust me the stops will take longer than you think as people will want to look around, shop, etc.
    - - Definitely will need a gas stop in there
    - Lunch.... if you have a large crowd, lunch may be a lengthy process and a lot of time.
    -... and you will need some kind of road captains/guards to help you.
    - also consider handing out the route.... not necessarily a map but maybe the turns or something like that. Then if some want to do the ryde on their own or skip a few things the ryders can do that

Just my input... as you may know I have helped/organized many of the Spyderfest rydes and I know the challenge you face. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. I know you know what you are doing, I am just offering to give input if you need any.

Again, thanks for all you are doing.

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner 02 View Post
    Count Charlettsweb Web and I in. We will plan to join and look at getting a room.
    Sorry we will be coming from St Louis area too.
    2012 RS White with corbin web seat, misty mountain seat skin, tour windshield, Hindle exhaust, handlebar risers, BRP saddlebags, foot boards, bump skid (critter splitter), fender LED lights, and lots of attitude.

Spyder Garage

Seem to ge a bunch of us from St. Louis area, want to get a group together to travel down for this event?

Charlettesweb and I will be attanding, please PM me and I'll put together a list and route we can use for everyone.

Scott

Spyder Garage

Just got a room reserved at Hampton Inn. Good to go.

Spyder Garage

Default Hotels

Hampton Inn has agreed to give us the Triple A discount just tell them that when you call. I haven't had time to contact Days Inn yet but I think they are owned by the same people so I would mention it when you call.

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    Connie, have you secured any discounts at the hotel for the event?

Thanks
    JT
    2014 RT , Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you for your input.

I think I have it mostly figured out but still have to do my practice run. I believe I have a good turn back point for those that don't want to add the extra miles so we shall see. I don't have an exact mileage yet but I'm sure its under 200 that was a worst case to get in a few things I thought folks might like.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    First of all thank you for stepping up. I have not been able to attend any of the past KY rydes and was really looking forward to this one. To help you a little.....

Believe you may want to shorten it up a bit. 200 miles - - not counting stops and lunch is a pretty hefty/long ryde especially if you have a large group. Just the ryding alone (assuming it is on back roads, etc. is around 3-4 hours)
    - - 200 miles with interesting stops..... plan for more time than you think you need at the stops if they are interesting. Trust me the stops will take longer than you think as people will want to look around, shop, etc.
    - - Definitely will need a gas stop in there
    - Lunch.... if you have a large crowd, lunch may be a lengthy process and a lot of time.
    -... and you will need some kind of road captains/guards to help you.
    - also consider handing out the route.... not necessarily a map but maybe the turns or something like that. Then if some want to do the ryde on their own or skip a few things the ryders can do that

Just my input... as you may know I have helped/organized many of the Spyderfest rydes and I know the challenge you face. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. I know you know what you are doing, I am just offering to give input if you need any.

Again, thanks for all you are doing.
    2014 RT , Yellow