Spyder Garage

Default LED Accent Under Body Lighting ...

I do a lot of riding at night (it's cooler down here in Georgia then), does anyone have LED Accent Under Body Lighting on their Spyder? I'm looking at accent lighting on the Custom Dynamics website and I'm a little lost as to exactly what I need. Do I need a kit? Do I need only a few in the front, center and back of my ride?

Spyder Garage

Once you get started, what you're really going to need is a 12 step program.

Hi, my name is " " and I have an LED addiction.

But if you still want to venture into this crack, then I would recommend as a start that you'll need about two strips for the left/right of the frunk. Two strips left/right about where your foot pegs are. Two strips for the left/right under the luggage by the back tire. And perhaps even two more strips left/right under the a-arms or just behind them. Each strip about 6 inches long or so.

That's just your start. You can then go just about as crazy as you want of course, but that should get you a nice glow to start with.

I've gotten LED's from Custom Dynamics, TricLed, Joe Florida, Amazon, and SuperBrightLEDs.

Hang on and I'm sure Phil might pop in on this too. He's pretty much a master and probably the leader of the LED's Addict Anonymous group.

Spyder Garage

Default LED Accent Under Body Lighting ...

I have some 1ft, 3ft as well as 6ft strips. What color are you looking for?

Spyder Garage

Default LEDs

Tricled has a kit. I have it on my Rt.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wiredux View Post
    I have some 1ft, 3ft as well as 6ft strips. What color are you looking for?

My ride is red, but I'd love just about any color. My bike is lit up like a Christmas Tree already, but all I need now are the under body accent lights which would be the icing on the cake. I'm a little afraid to get started with it, because I'm one of those people who think MORE is always better, so who knows how it will end.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by revjvegas View Post
    Once you get started, what you're really going to need is a 12 step program.

Hi, my name is " " and I have an LED addiction.

But if you still want to venture into this crack, then I would recommend as a start that you'll need about two strips for the left/right of the frunk. Two strips left/right about where your foot pegs are. Two strips for the left/right under the luggage by the back tire. And perhaps even two more strips left/right under the a-arms or just behind them. Each strip about 6 inches long or so.

That's just your start. You can then go just about as crazy as you want of course, but that should get you a nice glow to start with.

I've gotten LED's from Custom Dynamics, TricLed, Joe Florida, Amazon, and SuperBrightLEDs.

Hang on and I'm sure Phil might pop in on this too. He's pretty much a master and probably the leader of the LED's Addict Anonymous group.
    Did you mean 12 volt program? Hahaha

You light up my life, well the night anyway!! ;-)

Chas

Spyder Garage

Wiredux (Dan) has some good options and he is a sponsor on this site.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dan,
    Top Trunk interior lighting???
    Want sum!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    ...Back to waiting patiently...

Spyder Garage

Default Check out TricLEDS...

Quote Originally Posted by Dikicep9 View Post
    I do a lot of riding at night (it's cooler down here in Georgia then), does anyone have LED Accent Under Body Lighting on their Spyder? I'm looking at accent lighting on the Custom Dynamics website and I'm a little lost as to exactly what I need. Do I need a kit? Do I need only a few in the front, center and back of my ride?
    Love my underbody from Reggy/TricLEDS.
    (I personally will not deal with Custom Dynamics because of my experience with their poor customer service.)
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Thanks!
    ...Back to waiting patiently...

Ummm .................. Bob ........................... You never waited patiently for anything!!!

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I just bought this on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-10-15-20...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Now I am going to have at it!

Phil is helping by answering tech questions since he is in this business. He probably has one of the most LED tricked out RT's out there. I wont go that crazy but will use some of his ideas. See this thread here:

His 2014:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ww)-DARTH-Mods

His old 2012
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...07-Phil-s-Mods

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

What do you guys do when installing LED accent lighting to overcome Tupperware removal for maintenance?

I've got several LED strips sitting on my workbench for a few weeks while I debated on install.

I've settled on msc/weatherpack style connectors but my LEDs as well as most others on the market have ridiculously small 22 - 24 awg wire leads.

My latest idea is to solder these tiny stranded wires to a much larger 16 - 18 gauge wire so that it'll be easier to connect a quick disconnect style plug.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Davis.

*** Probably shouldn't have hijacked this thread, but I figured there were several eyes on it already. .. maybe I'll start a new thread if no one replies.
    Last edited by Davis; 08-03-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

did not mean to hi-jack the thread earlier. On the wifes ST-L I added 2 3ft purple with quick connects on them. Her ST only has 4 LED strips total.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Ummm .................. Bob ........................... You never waited patiently for anything!!!
    I'm getting better...
    I no longer stand in front of the microwave; screaming, "Hurry Up!!"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Love my underbody from Reggy/TricLEDS.
    (I personally will not deal with Custom Dynamics because of my experience with their poor customer service.)

I love TricLED. They installed lights on my ride at Spyder Fest 2013, including an LED American Flag that everybody remarks on, and I've bought from them ever since. I love Custom Dynamics and have ordered from them as well, but haven't had problems, so far. I've been lucky with my choices up to this point. I'm really looking forward to under body lighting though, but I'm not sure how many I need or what kind.

Spyder Garage

Have you had any issues with wires showing in the a frame area?

Spyder Garage

I did an 8 strip kit from amazon.
    Remote control and power supplied from alternator +

IMG_20181014_193547_01.jpgIMG_20181014_175254.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

I was looking into LED lights for my truck a few years back and was told that it wasn't legal to run blue or red LEDs because emergency vehicles use those colors. Is there any truth to that? Any body have any experiences with that?

Spyder Garage

Each state has different laws regarding auxiliary vehicle lighting, many do not approve them while moving, some allow them when parked, stopped, etc.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Many states and law enforcement in general, don't like the combination of red & blue lights on a vehicle that is being operated on the streets and highways. If nothing else, it gives them an excuse to pull you over, check you out and delay your trip. And it you go from state to state, each one may be different......so I personally stay away from red/blue lights on the front, and use white or orange/amber on front, and red for the back.

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)

Spyder Garage
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue