Spyder Garage

Default Holly Rally at Battle Alley

Sunday, October 5, they will hold the Fall version of the Rally at Battle Alley, in Holly Michigan. A laid back affair, very few hard-core bikers, and a lot of pleasant fun and conversation. They shut off the streets to everything but bikes about 9 AM until 3 or 4 PM. People come and go, eat, talk, and generally enjoy seeing the bikes and other folks. Few Harleys, but almost everything else imaginable. Lots of vintage bikes. I think dltang and bjt attended in the Spring.

Nancy and I are going to try to make it there, the weather, schedules, and the gods of motorcycles willing. Had a few glitches yesterday on our ride to a bike/car show about 35 miles from here. Made it home, though. Don't know if my vintage BMW is up to the Holly trip so soon, unless I find the electrical curse. Bosch was obviously a cousin of Joseph Lucas. I'll ride the RT if need be, but I have to remember not to gloat to Nancy about the heated grips. Hope to see some other Michigan Spyders there.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

We could probably make it there just after noon. Let us know if you are going to be there for sure.

Spyder Garage

I did a Google search for this event. Lots of info from past events but I can't seem to find anything about this years fall event. Even the city of Holly calendar doesn't have it listed?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    I did a Google search for this event. Lots of info from past events but I can't seem to find anything about this years fall event. Even the city of Holly calendar doesn't have it listed?
    It has been hard to find the last couple of years. No flyer or calendar listing from the village anymore, either. May was the same, but went on as planned. The best link I found is here Holly Rally
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Rally at Battle Alley / Holly Motorcycle Rally & HIM End of Season Blessing

Sun, Oct 5, 9:30am – 4:00pm

This Rally is located in the streets of Historic Downtown Holly, MI. DJ from 11am - 3pm. Bike Show~Vintage~Sport~Custom~Wildest Helmet. 10am - 3pm. Trophies presented for various classifications. Registration from 10am - 1pm. Award presentation at 3pm.. HIM Service and Blessing 1pm-1:30pm...For vendor information please contact Ken Krueger at: 248-895-1926 or e-mail: papaharley16@comcast.net

http://www.h-i-m.org/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    Rally at Battle Alley / Holly Motorcycle Rally & HIM End of Season Blessing

Sun, Oct 5, 9:30am – 4:00pm

This Rally is located in the streets of Historic Downtown Holly, MI. DJ from 11am - 3pm. Bike Show~Vintage~Sport~Custom~Wildest Helmet. 10am - 3pm. Trophies presented for various classifications. Registration from 10am - 1pm. Award presentation at 3pm.. HIM Service and Blessing 1pm-1:30pm...For vendor information please contact Ken Krueger at: 248-895-1926 or e-mail: papaharley16@comcast.net

http://www.h-i-m.org/
    Well, the bike show thing is a new wrinkle. Disappointing in a way. This was always a unique event, and quite laid back. Now it will be like every other bike show. I get my fill of those after a while. Oh well, we expect to attend anyway. Hope to see you there.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Still fightin' some saddle rash from the trip back so I'm afraid I'm out. Too bad it's only one day.
    "I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daddydarko View Post
    Still fightin' some saddle rash from the trip back so I'm afraid I'm out. Too bad it's only one day.
    It would be a long ride for you for only part of one day. I understand completely. Not sure what this year will bring with the changes, anyway. Also not sure how Nancy will fare without heated grips or electric gloves. No time to rig anything, so she will have to tough it out in the AM.
    -Scotty

P.S. - Her cold has gotten worse. Hard to ride in a helmet when your nose is running, and coughing sure fogs up your faceshield. Looks like we will pass for this year. No sense beating the poor girl up.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 10-04-2008 at 07:41 AM.

Spyder Garage

Here are a few photos I took. My Spyder had a steady group of people stopping by to ask questions.
    Last edited by Rando; 10-09-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Spyder Garage

You were right Randy, that was another Simplex. Good eye! Again, sorry Nancy was sick, and we left you stranded there alone. Thanks for the pics.
    -Scotty