Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default iPod Integration Cable

I just got an iPod integration cable for the trunk (thanks Stevedfive). Looks like there isn't enough power to properly charge an iPad. The iPad reads "not charging" though a Google search says that when it's in sleep mode, it is actually getting a slow charge.

So here is my question. Does the cable drain any battery power if it is left in while the Spyder is turned off (whether it be plugged into an iPod, iPad, or just left unplugged except at the multipin connection)?
    Michael
    You call it a midlife crisis. I call it all the things I wanted to do!

2010 RT-S SE5

Spyder Garage

I keep my old iPhone 4s plugged in at all times with no issues.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
    I keep my old iPhone 4s plugged in at all times with no issues.

, I KEEP MY IPOD CONNECTED ALL THE TIME

cRUZR jOE
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My IPod is velcroed into the trunk and stays in for the riding season. No problems for me, it's always fires right up.

Spyder Garage

The iPod cable is only powered when the key is on. Power to that cable comes from the radio. So if you let it sit long enough your iPod, iphone, iPad whatever will eventually power off due to dead internal battery. This is OK because most I-devices will power back on the minute they get power through the connector.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default iPad/iPod IPhone

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    The iPod cable is only powered when the key is on. Power to that cable comes from the radio. So if you let it sit long enough your iPod, iphone, iPad whatever will eventually power off due to dead internal battery. This is OK because most I-devices will power back on the minute they get power through the connector.

Bob
    I have all three. And they charge without problem....I keep the iPod in all the time....but have used the other 2 also

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The little Saltine Cracker" that I've got back there; just seems to keep on truckin' Keep On Truckin.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default where to buy ipod cable connection

Looking to buy a new ipod connection cable for spyder rts some place cheaper than can am
    thank you
    rock n roll

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've not seen any significant discounts, and nobody has an alternative; the plug end is BRP-specific...

Spyder Garage

Like the rest of the group, I just put an old iPod in the trunk and forgot about it. It always works...
    2014 Silver RT-Limited
    Baker Built Air Wings
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    BajaRon Billet Aluminum Heim Joints
    LED’s On Mirrors
    Aluminum Diamond Plate Mud flap

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/can...lly4644/302033

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I've not seen any significant discounts, and nobody has an alternative; the plug end is BRP-specific...
    That is not correct. It's a standard DIN plug you can buy off the shelf! Same with the iPOD connector.

If you have a older Spyder then YES it has that black box in the cable which is BRP specific.
    However if you have a late 2012, 2013, or 2014 then you can make your own iPOD cable from off the shelf connectors. Roger posted the DIN plug wiring to the radio several times. So you can make your own cable for probably less than $10.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the correction!
    From now on; I PROMISE to not discuss radio hardware stuff...
    (Kind of like Joe's ban, concerning electrical stuff... )