Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2013 Heat Problem

I bought a 2013 RT Limited and I love it. I have noticed that it overheats easily if I'm idling and it is hot on the right side while riding. Has anyone found anything that truly helps with the problem without adding additional problems? In every other way, it is amazing!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyMama View Post
    I bought a 2013 RT Limited and I love it. I have noticed that it overheats easily if I'm idling and it is hot on the right side while riding. Has anyone found anything that truly helps with the problem without adding additional problems? In every other way, it is amazing!
    If the overheating warning comes across the screen and it goes into limp mode call your dealer and get it fixed. If it not doing as I described it is not overheating. Hot right foot on a RT is a common complaint.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing..!!

if your fefering to a hot foot..check with spyderpops on the home page. If it is truly engine overheating check fan fuse and coolant level.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

There is no fix for the heat on right side that's a design flaw and BRP doesn't seem to have a fix. But if it is over heating check with dealer and be sure all recall work is done. When I purchased mine in October they had not done recall work and I didn't know it had recall work not done, but in Feb I contacted my dealer and ask when was best to get it service for spring and he entered my bike vin and informed I needed to have recall work done that had been issued in August 2013 and some service bulletins. So we setup appointment for it to be done.
    But this week I learned thanks to NHTSA that BRP and my dealer broke the law when I drove that bike off the lot and recalls had not been done and also someone changed my purchased date to Feb 2014. So it seems they left me sitting on a fire hazard and no one ever informed me of a any recall no letter from BRP or Dealer. So once I file all the forms they will be find. NHTSA is working on all the heat issues but not sure what is causing the heat issue except the design.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is going to seem like a dumb question, and I certainly don't mean to offend you...

...But what do you wear when you're riding?
    Some proper footgear (That affords you some protection), and riding pants; might just help keep some of that unwanted heat off of you.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

You mean this hot.

Spyder Garage

Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Everybody's a comedian...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Please define what you mean by overheating. I have done a good deal of work on my 2013. It runs cool, mostly solved the gas fume problem and no hot right foot. Its a solvable riddle but not simple.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame