Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear Brake pads

Spyder Garage

Default Rear vs Front Brake Wear

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    As the front brakes generally do 70% or more of the overall braking on most vehicles, I find it curious that the rears are wearing out faster than the fronts.
    The answer is easy, have a look at new front vs new rear pads. The rear has a fraction of the thickness because it's not supposed to be doing the bulk of the braking!
    That said, why can't we have a thick rear pad that lasts for a LOOOONG time?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
    in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming

"WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ptbperegrine View Post
    The answer is easy, have a look at new front vs new rear pads. The rear has a fraction of the thickness because it's not supposed to be doing the bulk of the braking!
    That said, why can't we have a thick rear pad that lasts for a LOOOONG time?
    I do not have an OEM rear brake pad to compare. But I can say that the front and rear EBC pads have the same amount of material. I have been carrying the EBC HH pads for some time now and my customers tell me that they stop noticeably better than the OEM pads.

Those who are running them tell me that they are lasting longer than the OEM pads. EBC says they should last about twice as long as OEM pads.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...