Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

We bought a2010 rt in Oct 2013 have 11,000miles and love it.
    Ryde as if your life depends on it,
    because it does !! Ryde Safe!
    Vietnam 67-69

Spyder Garage

Default Spydie IS Comfortable

I used to ride on two wheels and made the transition to three. What I really like about the Spyder is how comfortable my wife is (I did install a Corbin seat with rider backrest and passenger armrests). We have an RT which has enough storage space for weekend luggage without towing a trailer. Life is good

Let's Roll

Spyder Garage

I rode two wheels off and on from 1968 until early 2012. I'll stick with the Spyder, now.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I think I see 1000 Harleys for every Can Am I see so if you like to attract a little attention you will find the Can Am is a natural.

As for 3 wheel life- not having to put your feet down, backing up out of a parking spot, and general comfort will win over a lot of 2 wheel riders after a month on 3 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Default WELCOME

WELCOME BOSTON......
    X-Salem here....

with well over 40,000 miles on my
    '09 RS SE5, and i'm all smiles every time i ride....
    at age 66, and 50 years experience, my only
    NEGATIVE would be: "where were SPYD3R's 50 years ago?"
    with a (very) bad hip, i can no longer hold up a big 2 wheeler... gave up riding some 15 years ago with great trepidation... when i saw my 1st SPYD3R commercial on TV, my brain did a back-flip and said,
    "that's your next ride Dan".... my 1st ride was close to the experience of loosing my virginity, i was now IN LOVE again....
    i've done 10 miles rides, and 5000 miles rides, and every one has been a terrific experience....
    YES, you'll get the 'thumbs down' from some of your old riding buddies, but please don't let that bother you... it's YOU that you need to satisfy, NOT THEM....
    so now it's up to you... you either do, or you don't... but if you do, i promise - YOU'LL NEVER LOOK BACK.....
    DAN P
    EASLEY, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

We bought our 2010 RTS SE5 and RT-622 trailer a little more than 4 years ago and LOVE it. 44,000 problem free miles and so many fun rides and smiles.

It's therapeutic for us.... The comfort, ease of maneuverability, safety systems, and uniqueness on the road - we'll never go back to 2 wheels!

Sandy & Bill

Spyder Garage

Traded my Harley for a 2013 RT-Limited in Feb. 2013. Loved it but then they came out with the 2014 RT, so I traded my 2013 for a 2014 RT-Limited Christmas eve 2013 and love it more than the 2013. I have absolutely no desire to go back to the two wheels. I am a Happy Spyder Ryder.
    Baja Ron Anti-sway bar
    Spyder Pop's skid plate

Spyder Garage

Once you ride 1 for a few hours an just want to get back on it an GO you will know what we are saying. It the best ride ever!! I could go on an on an on just hope you will soon. Many miles an smiles ahead!!!
    2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.

Spyder Garage

I put over 20k miles on my RS. I know all about the bling... it has Ed Hardy graphics and is covered in rhinestones, lol!

Recently, I moved to an RT. It's a refined beast. I was unsure how much I would like it, as I love riding the curves, but I enjoy it immensely. It's powerful yet smooth, and very comfortable. Totally love it, but now I have to decide how to bling it

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Spyder Garage

Default traded harley

I had a 2008 Ultra classic, my first Harley, which I trades for a 2014 Spyder RT. I don't regret it.

Dave

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default problems

I got one that had the front end shakes. Dealer said it was in the tires and rims. so far I am not happy with BRP-sent the wrong rims for my unit.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Comfort is the name of the game on my RT

I will never go back to two wheels after riding my 2010 RT 5SE. You won't be sorry, enjoy the ride!

[QUOTE=studiopeg;849068]I have a very blinged out Harley which I love and have put $$$ into. It's been a great 6 years but I am getting very tired of being uncomfortable after just 2 hours of riding (the bike is a show bike, gets tons of attention and looks awesome but there is no comfort factor). I'm also tired of dragging along a saddlebag full of cleaning supplies to have the bike pristine to enter into bike shows.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I like my 2012 a lot, but I have a lot of vehicle storage space so kept many two wheelers as well. I switch back between two and three wheels with no issue at all. I can go from roosting and wheelies with the KTM right back onto the Spyder.

I'll toss in two unasked for cents. Don't take a 'great deal' on a left over 2013, hold out for the '14. Huge improvements and the '13 owners have reported a number of issues that weren't in the '12 or '14.

If the price is really sweet I'd take another '12 anytime. That's how I got mine, 15k for a 2012 RT A&C with 800 miles on it. Much more and I'd have just gone for a '14.

You will buy bling. It's just a thing. Mine is almost completely an -S model now, just awaiting the onboard suspension kit. It also has the sway bar, cat delete, end links, driver seat rest, a GPS (not Zumo), etc.

Enjoy. Nice HD btw.
    Eric
    YNC(SS) (Retired) - U. S. Navy Submarines
    2014 RT-S Cognac
    3 seadoo's,CBR250R, Suzi GT750 waterbuffalo's x4, Rebel 250, MB5, '84 Alfa Spider, '97 Jeep TJ, '93 Saab C900CVT, '99 SLK230, '65 Mustang, '59 Fairlane, '48 Ford 8n

Spyder Garage

Default 2014rts sm5

I rode two wheelers for thirty plus yrs have had all of them as i got older it was getting more difficult too handle almost 900 lb bike with me and the wife one of the members in my club started riding with us he has a 2012 rts talked to him alot about his a month later i bought a new 2014 rts without ever riding one best choice i ever made love the machine dont have a lot of miles on yet but it is effortless to drive and very enjoyable should have went this route sooner i ride with the scrc riding club and everybody in my club has nothing but good things to say about bike.

Spyder Garage

I absolutely love my RT, traded in my 13 HD road glide ultra touring bike for it! Now my riding is totally stress free , nothing but fun & relaxing!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Harley to Spyder

I had 100k on a Road King, then 30k on a Street Glide, which I traded on a 2013 RT Limited. Put 3k on the 2013 and HATED it. Too many heat related issues, too high rpm's, too low mileage. Traded that on a 2014 RT limited and LOVE it! The Spyder is a joy to ride, handles great, no worries about gravel, rain, traffic jams and you don't have to hold it up. I just put 4k on the 2014 riding gtom Ohio to Utah and thru Rockies and it ran perfect. You'll have to get used to not reaching for the front brake, once you master that, you'll love it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Excited!

OK now I am getting very excited about the prospect of letting my Harley go and going to the Can Am. I rode to a dealership yesterday and talked for a while. That was good because I found the difference between the RTS and the RT Limited. Good thing he told me, because at this point I hate chrome (it takes 4 hours to polish my bike) and I already have a Garmin Zumo - the two things that come with the limited to make it the limited. So I want the RTS.

They are having demo days in two weeks. I'll go back and ride it again.

I'm already making a web page about my Harley to get it ready for sale.

The big question: how in the world am I going to wear all my Harley gear on a Can Am!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks...... oh the thought of starting customizations all over again makes me want to go and buy a lottery ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsrider View Post
    I like my 2012 a lot, but I have a lot of vehicle storage space so kept many two wheelers as well. I switch back between two and three wheels with no issue at all. I can go from roosting and wheelies with the KTM right back onto the Spyder.

I'll toss in two unasked for cents. Don't take a 'great deal' on a left over 2013, hold out for the '14. Huge improvements and the '13 owners have reported a number of issues that weren't in the '12 or '14.

If the price is really sweet I'd take another '12 anytime. That's how I got mine, 15k for a 2012 RT A&C with 800 miles on it. Much more and I'd have just gone for a '14.

You will buy bling. It's just a thing. Mine is almost completely an -S model now, just awaiting the onboard suspension kit. It also has the sway bar, cat delete, end links, driver seat rest, a GPS (not Zumo), etc.

Enjoy. Nice HD btw.

Spyder Garage

Welcome aboard !! I've only had mine a couple of weeks but it runs like a top without any hiccups at all.
    2014 Silver RT-Limited
    Baker Built Air Wings
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    BajaRon Billet Aluminum Heim Joints
    LED’s On Mirrors
    Aluminum Diamond Plate Mud flap

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/can...lly4644/302033

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by studiopeg View Post
    .. . .

The big question: how in the world am I going to wear all my Harley gear on a Can Am!!
    Don't worry. We won't throw you out of a Spyder event for wearing Harley gear! Actually, I like the looks of Harley stuff. I have an old Willie G jacket that I love. Or you could sell it on Craigs List. With the price of that stuff new, you would probably get lots of interest.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Last night at motorcycle night, a 72 year old hot ticket of a lady drove in on a red Can Am RT Limited. She was awesome! She gave me the tour of the bike and took me for a spin.

I put my Harley up for sale when I got home

It will probably take me 6 months + to sell the bike since it is so customized and has such a small buying audience, but it's a Can Am as soon as she sells

Spyder Garage

We will be watching to see if you go 2014 or 2015.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hi Peg
    I bought my Spyder a month ago I have over 1600 miles. I had a custom harley trike, even though I loved it, I had the same issues comfort and gas. With my new Spyder I am so comfortable of my stock seat with the back rest. My back doesn't bother me, my legs don't get cramped up, no sciatic pain. I don't want to get off after we come back from a ride. I can go longer mileage with stopping for gas. Old bike always stop at 100 miles, Spyder approx 180 miles. Much more comfortable turning corners. I miss my harley trike but I'm loving my Spyder. Hope this helps and good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wink Well...thanks to BMW Recall on R1200RT-LC NOW I truly enjoy riding...

Hi, well, I am not an experienced Spyderee and in matter of fact just got mine a couple of days ago. I come from a 2014 BMW R1200RT-LC with the infamous RECALL (approximate unable to ride it for 4.5 months) and was offered refund, I did and NOW I am the VERY PROUD OWNER of 2014 Spyder RT Ltd. Got it on tuesday from a dealer 200 kms from home SO I was nervous on how I was going to fill riding back. What can I say I FREAKING LOVED ITTTTTTT!!!!!!...I loved it so much that on my way back said, better go and visit the inlaws (80 kms from town) which I did and upon the return finally home had 2 routes, the major highway or the old road full of twisties and guess what? I took the twisties and I fell more inlove with the Y, like many I should have done/have it sooner. As a reference, seldomly would ride my two wheels since it is kind of dangerous bc of the road conditions and the twisties are TRUE ones but on the Y I enjoyed it so much that I want to go back. Needless to say, at the beginning felt strange but it was matter of getting used to it. I am no professional and have lots of riding to do to gain more experience but I feel so safe, not worried if I stop on an uneven road I may fell and unable to lift the bike. Is a blast!!!..can´t wait for the weekend to be here!!! I hope this helps...I am sure you will enjoy it...is a different world but full of thrills and with many safety features..remember ATGATT....
    CARPE DIEM - Live and Let LIVE...
    NOW and loving it.... 2014 SpYder RT Limited Silver
    My daily commuter: 2014 BMW RNineT
    EX BMW Fiasco: 2014 R1200RT-LC (thanks to ¨her¨ now I truly ¨RYDE¨)
    LOOK INTO MY EYES......

Farkles:
    Bajaron Anti-Sway Bar (A must have!)
    Bump Skid Plate (too many bumps in México)
    Stainless Steel Kott Grilles (was collecting too many insects)
    Missing Belt Guard (not missing nothing now...)

Spyder Garage

Default New rider!

I have only been riding cycles since March of 2014. In that month my wife (she is physically challenged) and I purchased a 2014 Road King and a 2013 Sporty with a dealer installed Champion Trike kit. Then in June we bought a 2014 RT-S for me and an 2013 ST-S for her. The ST-S lasted a month till I could convince her to "upgrade" to the 2014 RT-S. All are manual transmissions.

Now for the opinion!

I love my RK for about town. Excellent comfort and more ooompph than I could ever want. If I am riding over 50 miles or so, I go on the RT-S. For the wife, she really loves her sporty trike. Says it is really exciting to ride. She also uses the RT-S for long(er) rides.

BTW, we still have all 4 cycles!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark