Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that the process is moving forward!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Just goes to show that BRP does care.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the update. Please continue to keep us informed.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wiredux View Post
    Just goes to show that BRP does care.

No, that they are worried.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default We'll done BRP

I was rooting for you in the background and now can exclaim, Hooray!!

Sort of thought this would become a happy ending story.

Thanks for keeping a positive outlook, you must be very tired...

Only Happy Days are ahead.

Chas

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Just an update:

I've had the opportunity to speak with Carlo from BRP several times and they flew one of their technical guys named Dany out to look at what is left of my Spyder today. I answered all of their questions and hope it will help them in finding out what happened. I don't have anything more than that to add, but I know you guys would want to know that they are taking action and are working on finding out what happened. There have been no secret conversations or agreements between BRP and myself, and I can say they have been very straightforward, honest, and polite during this whole thing. If I can update you folks with anything they find later on I will.
    Just for the record, the "technical guy named Dany" is not just any "technical guy" but "THE TECHNICAL GUY" for Spyders. Dany is the Number 1 tech person for BRP Spyders. Very knowledgeable, very thorough, very precise. You have the best person that BRP has looking at your Spyder's remains>

KYSPYDER

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that they are working on it. And staying in touch with you. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Did you bother to ask if they had anything in the pipeline for the rest of us before it happens to us? There were reports in January that something was coming but not a whisper has been heard.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Didn't want this one to get away.
    Any news yet?????????
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I just got off the phone with GEICO, my insurance company. I had full coverage and paid the balance of my insurance fees in full when I bought the Spyder last October.

Their replacement estimate/value for my Spyder is $15,890.

WHAT!?!

I still owe over 24k on this bike. They said that was comparable to to the value of the Spyders in my 100 mile area. So I looked up on cycletrader to see what was in the 100 mile area and the only thing there is is a new 2013 RT SE5 for $27,499. So then I looked up the NADA value... $28,787.

What in the world? The lady I talked to said she was going to call the price adjusters to see whats going on.

I'm pretty shocked at the moment. I don't even know what to do. I should never have bought this Spyder!

Spyder Garage

I just got off the phone with GEICO, my insurance company. I had full coverage and paid the balance of my insurance fees in full when I bought the Spyder last October.

WHAT!?!

I still owe over 24k on this bike. They said that was comparable to to the value of the Spyders in my 100 mile area. So I looked up on cycletrader to see what was in the 100 mile area and the only thing there is is a new 2013 RT SE5 for $27,499. So then I looked up the NADA value... $28,787.

What in the world? The lady I talked to said she was going to call the price adjusters to see whats going on.

I'm pretty shocked at the moment. I don't even know what to do. I should never have bought this Spyder!
    I'd be calling BRP IT IS their fault the residuals have tanked based on unresolved issues and dumping them at a steep discount.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

This is what I emailed GEICO. I can't say I have any hope this will help, but this is the information she asked for...

---------------------------------------------

Hi XXXX,

Here is the search for all the Spyders of the same model and year in my 100 mile area, both new and used. There is only one listed:
    http://www.cycletrader.com/New-or-Used-Can--Am-Rt-Se5-Motorcycles-for-sale-in-Twentynine-Palms-California/search-results?condition=N&make=Can--Am|2315918&model=Rt+Se5&radius=100&schemecode=AD&s ort=featured%3Adesc&type=356953&year=*%3A2013&zip= 92277&modelkeyword=1&

Here is the NADA value of my Spyder:
    http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycle...der/RT/Pricing

I have also attached two pictures of the Spyder just a day before the fire after I had washed and waxed it. The odometer is at 4524 in that picture.

On the accident form I filled out and mailed to XXXXXXXXX I listed all the additional safety items and cosmetic items I had added to the Spyder as well.

I reported this vehicle fire to the NHTSA right after it happened have learned they have officially launched an investigation as of last week after learning that several other Spyders have caught fire recently. I also filed a formal complaint and accident form with BRP regarding this vehicle fire.

An estimated replacement value of $15,890 comes nowhere near the value of this Spyder. I would not be able to buy even the cheapest model CAN-AM offers at that price. I have used GEICO for several of my vehicles for over a decade and always had good support from your company. Please help me try to get this fixed. A difference of over $10,000 on the value of this motorcycle is something I just can't afford!

Thank you for you help XXXXXXX.

Respectfully,
    XXXXXXX

---------------------------------------------

I don't know what else to do at this point. I don't want to have to tell my wife about this.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

WHAT!?!

Our insurance companies low ball us too. We have found out that unless you press the insurance company for more money they will give you a low value. After all insurance companies hate to pay claims.
    Come back with your numbers and negotiate hard. Give them the values that you have found. Talk to your dealer about sale values not trade in values as they will be lower.

Spyder Garage

WHAT!?!

Maybe BRP will provide one at that price!

Spyder Garage

WHAT!?!

Wow and double wow on the insurance settlement. Some companies treat customers well and others do not. I also had a run in with Geico a few years back. I was hit by a Geico customer who's car was out of control. They tried to say that I was at fault for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. My insurance covered my loss and the argument still went on between the two companies. I was not charged for the accident by police or my insurance company.

$9,000 upside down is just not right. Values have gone down and a new model year is on the horizon--but--let's get real here Geico.

Please keep us informed.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

WHAT!?!

Don't settle. Tell them to pound salt. Not the spyders fault . Insurance company SUCKS

Spyder Garage

WHAT!?!

Never accept the first offer! Do your homework with used prices. Get a statement from your dealer, in writing, about its worth. Talk with the companies agent direct. NOT WITH AN EFFIN E-MAIL! Also get your agent involved. You did use an independent agent, yes? Tell the co. man you have your price, and you are sticking to it. If he doesn't give you a price to your licking. Tell him, or her, you want a state insurance arbitrator hearing. You may also want to consult an attorney that specializes in this stuff. I went through all this with my insurance when I totaled my car. Ridiculous first offer. Second was not much better. I advised them I wanted a hearing in front of the state insurance commission. My local agent also got involved. She called the company to inform them how upset I was. And that she was very disappointed also. The next day I got what I thought was a good price. It's a game that they play. How bad can they screw you! My final settlement was $4500 higher than the first offer. Another tactic I used. I kept telling them to buy me one for that price. They WILL hurt you if you let them! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm fairly much amazed at this. I use Geico and when I totalled my Kawi Concours into a deer their first offer was full retail book plus actual cost of my farkles (I gave them the receipts).

As everyone else said, go back to that well again. This isn't a custom machine that needs some crystal ball market analysis. There is a retail book value and that's what you want plus your stated coverage on farkles.
    Eric
    YNC(SS) (Retired) - U. S. Navy Submarines
    2014 RT-S Cognac
    3 seadoo's,CBR250R, Suzi GT750 waterbuffalo's x4, Rebel 250, MB5, '84 Alfa Spider, '97 Jeep TJ, '93 Saab C900CVT, '99 SLK230, '65 Mustang, '59 Fairlane, '48 Ford 8n

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default NHTSA Probe

I am sure others have seen this but I read an article dated Aug 8th (AP) about an investigation by NHSTA

Spyder Garage

Default "Full Coverage"

WHAT!?!

When you use the term "full coverage", do you mean "Total Loss Replacement" or "ACV". If your dec page says ACV it means that the insurer is obligated to pay you only what the actual cash value of the vehicle is. ACV is the less expensive coverage because it leaves quite a bit of wiggle room for the insurer. ACV is determined by what similar vehicles have actually sold for in the recent past and, sadly, used 2013 Can Am Spyders have declined in value. If you financed your Spyder you may have purchased "Gap Insurance", Gap covers the difference between ACV and what is owed. It is usually offered at the time of sale. I suspect that my 2014 RTL is worth about $22K with a only a couple of hundred miles on it. That is substantially less than what I paid for it. Best of Luck...
    2016 Freewheeler

2014 Spyder RT-L Pearl White (SOLD)

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard

Spyder Garage

Can even fathom a return email like that I'd be on the phone and on the phone quick.

Don't loose faith yet keep your chin up.

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billrob71 View Post
    Can even fathom a return email like that I'd be on the phone and on the phone quick.

Don't loose faith yet keep your chin up.
    You have to have an email or registered letter to keep a paper trail in case you wind up in court. For a difference like that it would be well worth it to sue them. (Not that I'm sue happy, but sometimes that's the only way.)
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    You have to have an email or registered letter to keep a paper trail in case you wind up in court. For a difference like that it would be well worth it to sue them. (Not that I'm sue happy, but sometimes that's the only way.)
    I think a call to the insurance commission would be my next thing if be doing
    Last edited by billrob71; 08-15-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Spyder Garage
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Numbers in that are not right I posted a link to 12 fires(reported) from the canister alone from 08-12 and 30 total ( other 18 were supposedly from the gas cap). We have 3 2013's that have been talked about on here. So that is at least 33 fires.

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2012/12/2...expands-to-us/
    Last edited by Magdave; 08-15-2014 at 01:19 PM.