Spyder Garage

Default Discounts or MSRP

Located north of Atlanta GA. Test drove a 2014 RT and pretty much hooked, but didn't get into the negotiation stage as wanted to do some more research. So....in past experience are the dealers sticking to the listed MSRP or is there opportunity to haggle? Does the model make a difference, looking at the RT SM6.

Thanks Bob and Donna

Spyder Garage

Default Shop around..!!

deals can be made. Shop around your state and others and take your best price to your local dealer and haggle. The 15's will be presented in a couple of months so there may be wiggle room...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users GrumpySteelMan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was out the door for $2k under MSRP on mine. I shopped around and brought the best price to my local dealer. They beat it.

As a courtesy to the dealer and salespeople at the dealerships you "shop" make sure that you let them know that you're looking for the best deal, near or far. If your intention is get your nearest dealer to price match, ask them all of the pre-purchase questions that you can, rather than leaning on dealerships that you have little intention to buy from.

Remember also that negotiating too hard may not create the right relationship for future service or potential warranty repairs.

Good luck.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No doubt; money is important...

Please find the dealer that will give you the best service after the ink has dried...
    These bikes respond best to mechanics that know what they're doing.

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ?????????

[QUOTE=Bob Denman;847778]No doubt; money is important...

Please find the dealer that will give you the best service after the ink has dried...

[/QUOTE....Bob you know I like you and all .....But the above requires a " CRYSTAL BALL ", and is there a dealer out there who will tell you , as a prospective buyer ......oh yea ,we also have the crappiest mechanics on the planet ? ? ? ?.......Mikeguyver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's called "Due Diligence"; my friend...
    Doing some homework, can save you an awful lot of grief!

You never ask the salesman or owner a question like that anyway!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not one to advise about buying vehicles. So I'll just say

I hope you'll post some pics when you get it home.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I received $1850 off retail. He also didn't charge F+A which is usually $600. My dealer is also a "platinum" dealer. And his tech is up to date on all his schools. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Bought a NEW 2013 and saved a bundle!

Went to Las Cruces Power Sports in Las Cruces, NM in early April just to see what they had and to "kick a few tires." They had several new 2013 RTs on the showroom floor as well as a few new 2014s. They had a sign on one of the 2013s indicating that it was possible to get up to $5K off MSRP. After some dickering with the salesman, his boss, and then the general manager, we struck this deal on a 2013 RT-S SM-5: MSRP: $27,050, our cost: $22,050 PLUS they included a $1,700 6'x12' utility trailer to haul the Spyder AT NO COST! We just went over 1,000 miles and are having a ball!

True, we have a one year old Spyder with a smaller engine and none of the "improvements," but . . . for a first-time motorcycle riding couple in their early/late-sixties this was a good deal! Now if we could just find some other Spyder owners to ride with!

We have done this same thing with cars throughout our lives and have also saved a bundle! Good luck!
    2016 Spyder RT-S SM6
    2008 Bounder Turbo-Diesel (our "Rolling Condo")
    2009 Jeep Liberty

Spyder Garage

Default Discount on MSRP

Quote Originally Posted by robtdonna View Post
    Located north of Atlanta GA. Test drove a 2014 RT and pretty much hooked, but didn't get into the negotiation stage as wanted to do some more research. So....in past experience are the dealers sticking to the listed MSRP or is there opportunity to haggle? Does the model make a difference, looking at the RT SM6.

Thanks Bob and Donna
    There is a $4000.00 promotion on some 2014 Spyders. In your area you could try Extreme Propulsion in Cartersville or MMS Marietta (the best of MMS in GA).

Spyder Garage

I am also one who believes that good service should be a part of the equation. Bob D. mentioned Due Diligence--and that is a factor. Bad servicing dealers get a bad rep fast--they can be found by searching threads.

For me, its the final price paid after all is said and done. MSRP is a good starting place. There is always some dicker factor and the dealer can make money a lot of ways.

If a trade is involved, they can give you more or less--its the difference you pay. Did they take off the MSRP or add to the trade in. You should know the value of your trade--due diligence again.

Dealers also make money off of financing. The rate they quote you is not necessarily the rate the bank quoted the dealer. The difference is called "reserve" and the dealer puts that in their pocket. A good idea to talk with the bank yourself and get pre approved at the best rate possible.

Warranty packages sold, add-ons (we call them farkles), also fatten up the profit factor for the dealer. All items bring high profit margin to the dealer. Check the BRP site for any warranty deals currently. They have been offering rebates on 2013's and an extra year or so warranty on new purchases. Not sure if they have expired.

Good luck on your hunt.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cando's Ryde View Post
    Went to Las Cruces Power Sports in Las Cruces, NM in early April just to see what they had and to "kick a few tires." They had several new 2013 RTs on the showroom floor as well as a few new 2014s. They had a sign on one of the 2013s indicating that it was possible to get up to $5K off MSRP. After some dickering with the salesman, his boss, and then the general manager, we struck this deal on a 2013 RT-S SM-5: MSRP: $27,050, our cost: $22,050 PLUS they included a $1,700 6'x12' utility trailer to haul the Spyder AT NO COST! We just went over 1,000 miles and are having a ball!

True, we have a one year old Spyder with a smaller engine and none of the "improvements," but . . . for a first-time motorcycle riding couple in their early/late-sixties this was a good deal! Now if we could just find some other Spyder owners to ride with!

We have done this same thing with cars throughout our lives and have also saved a bundle! Good luck!
    Make sure that all the heat items were done. Read this: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...e-26-July-2014.

Also buy some Fire extinguishers, for the garage, on the bike, and in the RV. Remember, when you stop in traffic, or a stoplight and you smell gas get off the Spyder and look for smoke. Don't let the gas gauge go under 1/4 of a tank. That's IMHO.

Mike
    Last edited by MikeinGA; 07-28-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=BLUEKNIGHT911;847804]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    No doubt; money is important...

[/QUOTE....Bob you know I like you and all .....But the above requires a " CRYSTAL BALL ", and is there a dealer out there who will tell you , as a prospective buyer ......oh yea ,we also have the crappiest mechanics on the planet ? ? ? ?.......Mikeguyver
    Find other local Spyder riders . . . post here, on the various Spyder-related facebook pages, and at other Spyder forums . . . .find out what others say about the dealer in question. Of course you can't trust what the dealer says, but the dealers current and former customers are a different story.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default Ellijay Spyder owner

I bought a 2013 from Mountain Motorsports Got a good deal. PM me with your phone number and I will call you withy the details

Jerry

2013 RT-Limited Pearl White Chocolate Seat
    RT-622 Trailer
    Baker Air Wings
    Diamond R Arm Rests
    12 V power outlet in Frunk
    BRPTravel Cover
    Spyderpops Bump Skid, Belt Rock Guard
    Utopia Driver backrest
    RT Cup Holder/Accessory Mount
    ISCI tall flag Holder
    Custom Dynamics Run-Brake-Turn LED HMT Light
    Custom Dynamics GEN2c Brake Light Strobe/Flasher
    Tricled LED Flag Light, R/V Mirror Turn Signals

Spyder Garage

Default HMMMM

[QUOTE=Hayfield;848603]
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post

Find other local Spyder riders . . . post here, on the various Spyder-related facebook pages, and at other Spyder forums . . . .find out what others say about the dealer in question. Of course you can't trust what the dealer says, but the dealers current and former customers are a different story.

If "you can't trust what the dealer says" then you haven't found the right dealer. Just say'n. Sometimes I read these posts and it gets me choked up. I totally get that there are some less than perfect, and yes sometimes down right unacceptable dealers, but when you work as hard as we do to be the best dealer we can for our customers, and then read comments like that, it kinda, well, .....hmmm...can't really say that word...lets just say ...it hurts. lol I guess I take things personal. But we wouldn't be the dealer we are if we didn't.

Sending Hugs! See ya at Spyderquest!

Spyder Garage

Wink In town

Quote Originally Posted by Cando's Ryde View Post

I just got my RT here in Las Cruces, We need to get together and ride and recruit more down here