Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Airhawk R vs. Medium Cruiser

Has anyone ever compared these two? I am having some discomfort with my "man parts" on longer trips. I just bought the Airhawk Medium Cruiser for my RT-S and it has helped, but I'm wondering if the the Airhawk R would be even better.
    Michael
    You call it a midlife crisis. I call it all the things I wanted to do!

2010 RT-S SE5

Spyder Garage

The Airhawk R specifically advertises it is made for the man parts. I printed the statement off the ad once and a lot of people went EEEEEEWWWWWWWW!

Find an ad and read the fine print. I think its just what you are looking for.

I use a Medium Cruiser. The R was not yet available when I bought my Airhawk.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that with an Airhawk, you sit in it and not on it. Less air is better and requires some playing around with the inflation to hit the most comfortable point for you. Thanks to CapNCrunch.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-26-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Airhawk R

Quote Originally Posted by mpapatonis View Post
    Has anyone ever compared these two? I am having some discomfort with my "man parts" on longer trips. I just bought the Airhawk Medium Cruiser for my RT-S and it has helped, but I'm wondering if the the Airhawk R would be even better.
    I have the Airhawk Medium Cruiser on my ATV and the Airhawk R on my Spyder. The "R" is much more comfortable. They don't require much air ..... just a little.
    CapNCrunch
    : =)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I noticed that the R has a gap in the center for that purpose, but it doesn't seem very big. Plus, it's cut away at the front, so I'm wondering how that is when you are closer to the front of the pad.

Any feedback?
    Michael

2010 RT-S SE5

Spyder Garage

I have both and prefer the medium cruiser, so you will need to get both to see which you prefer.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

I have tried both. The R is the best one.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mpapatonis View Post
    Here's what we need.
    Veeeeeeeeeeeeeery Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeentresting! But like my posting of the Airhawk R information once--could be TMI for some out there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

airhawk R

Spyder Garage

Default Airhawk R

I just order one last Wed. it should be here on Monday. I will be sure to let everyone know what I think about this product. After all it was $165.00 to my door.

Spyder Garage

Have an Airhawk R & love it. It's the way to go & way cheaper than a seat.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    The Airhawk R specifically advertises it is made for the man parts. I printed the statement off the ad once and a lot of people went EEEEEEWWWWWWWW!
    Find an ad and read the fine print. I think its just what you are looking for.
    You DO realize, that you've FORCED nme to go look up the advertisement in question...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Here is the "R". It fits perfectly and is comfortable. It has an additional benefit on the two really hot sunny days we typically get in upstate NY. I store it in the truck while I'm parked. It provides relief from the hot Spyder seat when I resume riding.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2014 RT Limited - Black / Currant

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the pictures. The thing I'm wondering about the R is whether it offers as much comfort/protection since it doesn't come up as far (in front of you). The RT standard seat has that raised area at the front and sometimes I'm slid forward when I need a different riding position on long rides. Anyone have that issue with the R?
    Michael

2010 RT-S SE5

Spyder Garage

I've only used the AirHawk R . . . got it for Father's Day (actually, got Amazon Gift cards and used them to buy it!) I had a few short, two hour rides, adjusting the inflation, so still wasn't sure what I thought of it. On Friday, July 18th, I rode 350 miles from home to Middletown, NY, spent Saturday there, and rode home on Sunday . . . I almost ran my gas tank dry before stopping . . . and could have continued . . . very comfortable! My stock seat got to me in about an hour . . . adding a sheepskin and a gel pad added 30 minutes. The AirHawk R lets me run as long as there is gas in the tank!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)