Spyder Garage

Default Taking off bottom handlebar bolts...

So I purchased the iPhone holder that attaches to the middle of the handlebar but replacing the two bottom bolts. However, I am unable to get those bolts off with the hex wrench that came with the bike. Will have I have to take it to the dealer or purchase hex wrench? Anyone else have this issue?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ferretguy View Post
    So I purchased the iPhone holder that attaches to the middle of the handlebar but replacing the two bottom bolts. However, I am unable to get those bolts off with the hex wrench that came with the bike. Will have I have to take it to the dealer or purchase hex wrench? Anyone else have this issue?
    Yep that is a rare size. If I recall correctly it is an 11mm and the hex sets usually come in even numbers. Any good auto parts store should have one.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

I got what I thought was an 11mm hex but it didn't fit. Far too big. Anyone know the correct size of the hex for the handlebars?

Spyder Garage

If your talking about the 4 Allen head bolts that actually hold the bars on to the stem there a 7 mm hex
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by billrob71; 07-29-2014 at 09:47 PM.

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Spyder Garage

This is the one I made for mine

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Spyder Garage

Thank you!

Spyder Garage

I used my torque wrench with the 7mm socket to get them to break loose and to reinstall. They are not all that tight but the allan wrench has too short of a handle to work with out a cheater which is too likely to slip.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Yep that is a rare size. If I recall correctly it is an 11mm and the hex sets usually come in even numbers. Any good auto parts store should have one.
    My apologies. I just pulled it out of the tool box and it is a 7mm. I knew it was an odd number I was just four sizes too large.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)