Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default downshifted to first and engine just stopped now stuck in 1st and won't start sts-se5

Hello all, I'm new here. i have a 2013 STS-SE5 that I just got from someone. 1800 miles. Tonight I was coming home and going downhill so downshifted from 2nd to 1st because I was going super slow and wanted to keep the rpms decent but when I hit the downshift the engine just quit. I pulled to the side thinking I would just restart it. But it didn't shift to neutral and won't start. I let it sit 10 min thinking to reset the computer and started over and still nothing. Everything else works so I know it's not the battery. The parking brake is on and the oil light is on the cluster so i put a little oil in thinking it was that and still nothing. I pulled the codes they are this:

P0031
    P0340
    P0458
    P0335
    P0231
    P0037
    P081A

Still no luck. I have no idea why it won't start..won't even make a sound. I'm getting it towed tomorrow I guess so if anyone knows a good dealer in the Irvine, CA or Laguna Beach area that would help. I know of mission motorsports but when I called them they didn't know too much. Any ideas?? Thanks! grooby_doo@yahoo.com

Spyder Garage

You might want to keep this to just one thread so as to avoid confusion. I note you have three threads up now. The ST forum is probably the best thread to keep.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

all codes are ecm and cam positioning sensor and not likely you can fix it on the side of the road. May be something simple but may need buds and the dealer...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You have to have your foot on the brake to start it in gear.

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grooby_doo View Post
    Hello all, I'm new here. i have a 2013 STS-SE5 that I just got from someone. 1800 miles. Tonight I was coming home and going downhill so downshifted from 2nd to 1st because I was going super slow and wanted to keep the rpms decent but when I hit the downshift the engine just quit. I pulled to the side thinking I would just restart it. But it didn't shift to neutral and won't start. I let it sit 10 min thinking to reset the computer and started over and still nothing. Everything else works so I know it's not the battery. The parking brake is on and the oil light is on the cluster so i put a little oil in thinking it was that and still nothing. I pulled the codes they are this:

P0031
    P0340
    P0458
    P0335
    P0231
    P0037
    P081A

Still no luck. I have no idea why it won't start..won't even make a sound. I'm getting it towed tomorrow I guess so if anyone knows a good dealer in the Irvine, CA or Laguna Beach area that would help. I know of mission motorsports but when I called them they didn't know too much. Any ideas?? Thanks! grooby_doo@yahoo.com
    What happened after this post? Did it get fixed ok?
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.