Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking Newbie in México with 2014 RT-Limited saying HI....

Hi, my name is Eddy aka AutoExacto and I am about to get (next week) my FIRST Spyder being a 2014 RT-Limited . I live in central México in the city of León, province of Guanajuato and love to ride bikes and visit towns all over (big and small). I have a BMW RNineT or R9T and a 2014 BMW R1200RT-LC BUT this one has been recalled for a mayor problem on the suspension and estimating for 4 to 5 months unable to ride it SO one of the compensations or options from BMW during this situation is to return the bike for full refund which that is my plan. Is a very nice bike BUT BMW has NOT been the best in this whole process (that is another story).

Now, to the important issues, never drove a Spyder so what are your recommendations or what should I know or do? Anyone in México by anychance or a forum in México? I´ve seen

Hope I get great feedback and looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Greetings from Tequila Country!

Spyder Garage

Default Bienvenido..!!

you are going to love this ryde. You will have a little unlearning to do with a bit more of learning but in about 300 miles you will have it down. There is a do's and do not's on the forums page general discussion that will help you..si nesesitas ayuda en algo escribenos...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

on the new . Hope you enjoy it and enjoy your time with us

Spyder Garage

Bienvenido amigo!!!

HEy dude, mexican as well here, I think there is a club outside Mexico city since I have seen some ride pics from there.
    I am planning to ride from CA to Tabasco soon in a ST-S so let me know if you will be up for it

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by autoexacto View Post
    Hi, my name is Eddy aka AutoExacto and I am about to get (next week) my FIRST Spyder being a 2014 RT-Limited . I live in central México in the city of León, province of Guanajuato and love to ride bikes and visit towns all over (big and small). I have a BMW RNineT or R9T and a 2014 BMW R1200RT-LC BUT this one has been recalled for a mayor problem on the suspension and estimating for 4 to 5 months unable to ride it SO one of the compensations or options from BMW during this situation is to return the bike for full refund which that is my plan. Is a very nice bike BUT BMW has NOT been the best in this whole process (that is another story).

Now, to the important issues, never drove a Spyder so what are your recommendations or what should I know or do? Anyone in México by anychance or a forum in México? I´ve seen

Hope I get great feedback and looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Greetings from Tequila Country!

Spyder Garage

what the other guy said about geting used to the spyder is true but ive owend 55 motorcycles and two spyders a 2010 rs,and a 2013 rt it took me 600 miles befor i could go over 40mph so seems like if you are a long time rider it takes longer to get how the spyder flys.very light on the bars is the bigst thing to do,spyders have quick stearing something like a mg car i had onece,took time for that to get me happy driving also.so have fun and dont get discureged if you tak moore time geting happy with your new ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just relax, and enjoy the ride!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Read the "do's and do not's" thread about your machine. Is it the SM6 or SE6? Don't forget to post a pic!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome to the PARTY

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=donts

This is a great start for those with riding concerns. But most important...Don't forget to have the time of your life!!!!!!
    "Ride Safe, Ride Long, and Ride Often...Be Free on Three"
    ValCruzSpyder
    2012 RTS-SE5 Pure Magnesium

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zavalza View Post
    Bienvenido amigo!!!

HEy dude, mexican as well here, I think there is a club outside Mexico city since I have seen some ride pics from there.
    I am planning to ride from CA to Tabasco soon in a ST-S so let me know if you will be up for it

Regards
    Muchas gracias!!!..love to meet, let me know around what dates you will be around...ya sabes ¨mi casa, tu casa¨....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Read the "do's and do not's" thread about your machine. Is it the SM6 or SE6? Don't forget to post a pic!
    Hi, it will be a SE6. will have ¨her¨ on my hands by the end of next week...can´t wait!!!..new toy!::jejeje....will certainly read the do´s and dont´s....thanks!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ValCruzSpyder View Post
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=donts

This is a great start for those with riding concerns. But most important...Don't forget to have the time of your life!!!!!!
    Thank you Valcruz, read it and memorized it....really looking forward to ride the Y....best regards!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sddinnh View Post
    on the new . Hope you enjoy it and enjoy your time with us
    Thanks!!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    welcome
    Thanks and already downloaded your app...btw, excellent!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    what the other guy said about geting used to the spyder is true but ive owend 55 motorcycles and two spyders a 2010 rs,and a 2013 rt it took me 600 miles befor i could go over 40mph so seems like if you are a long time rider it takes longer to get how the spyder flys.very light on the bars is the bigst thing to do,spyders have quick stearing something like a mg car i had onece,took time for that to get me happy driving also.so have fun and dont get discureged if you tak moore time geting happy with your new ride.
    Muchas gracias for your tips and advise. Now for you what were the biggest issues, as you already read I ride bikes and needless to say will not counter steer as we do in motorcyles. Read also to lean towards the handlebar that we are steering, right in right, left in left side....I will certainly not get discouraged, it will be a challenge now the interesting situation here is that will have to pick up the spyder out of town, about 2.5 hours from home so NEEDLESS TO SAY it will be an interesting return home, WHICH I am really looking forward. Thanks and best regards.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome! My advice for you is to leave the Tequila in the bottle before you ride. Enjoy.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Previous advice is sound. It took me about 800 miles to get used to corners. After that smooth sailing.
    David Kenney

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Welcome! My advice for you is to leave the Tequila in the bottle before you ride. Enjoy.
    Jajaja...damn, you left me out of options here....LOL...thanks for the advice!!...close to happy hour..jejeje...

Spyder Garage

and on your new ryde.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dtkennney View Post
    Previous advice is sound. It took me about 800 miles to get used to corners. After that smooth sailing.
    It really takes that many miles to get used to?...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by autoexacto View Post
    Muchas gracias for your tips and advise. Now for you what were the biggest issues, as you already read I ride bikes and needless to say will not counter steer as we do in motorcyles. Read also to lean towards the handlebar that we are steering, right in right, left in left side....I will certainly not get discouraged, it will be a challenge now the interesting situation here is that will have to pick up the spyder out of town, about 2.5 hours from home so NEEDLESS TO SAY it will be an interesting return home, WHICH I am really looking forward. Thanks and best regards.....

On your new ryde.
    take it slow on your adventure home. I had 60 miles, stayed on the back roads luckily
    I had my wife blocking for me in her car.
    enjoy

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

As long as we have riders from our southern neighbor here-- how is the Spyder dealer network in Mexico?

I've debated touring through Mexico, maybe even into parts of Central America, but I admit that I fear taking my Spyder that far outside of a dealer network. A bike you can fix anywhere on the planet; a Spyder, not so much.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post

As long as we have riders from our southern neighbor here-- how is the Spyder dealer network in Mexico?

I've debated touring through Mexico, maybe even into parts of Central America, but I admit that I fear taking my Spyder that far outside of a dealer network. A bike you can fix anywhere on the planet; a Spyder, not so much.

Dealer network may be an issue there. may be a bit too delicate for no dealer network support.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Bienvenidos a Spyderlovers!
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post

Hi daveninva, I will check it for you, I do know that at least on major cities there are CAN-AM - BRP dealers. Example, I live in the center of México, I know that there are dealers locally in my town (León, State of Guanajuato) and 2 hours in each direction there are other dealers. I am purchasing mine out of town bc the one 2.5 hours from here provided me better financing options. I am sure that in México and going through the major cities you would not have a problem BUT once you cross the south border into central america I can doubt it how much support you would have. I am quite familiar with regular motorcycle options and the Y experience is NEW but needless to say I will find out and let you all know. At least you can count on my place ¨mi casa es su casa¨. Best regards!
    Last edited by autoexacto; 07-24-2014 at 01:52 PM.