Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Connecticut Spyder Riders

It's been two years this week that I bought my 2009GS, original mileage on the bike was 4,047, I now have over 22,000 miles on this machine, so far no problems. Here's my beef though, in two years of riding in Connecticut I have come across maybe 6-8 other Spyders, that's it. I have visited and talk to the 4-5 or CanAm dealers in Ct and they all say sales have been good, so where the heck are you Spyder riders. This past Sunday I rode to Kent, which is a popular biker hangout, most likely saw about 100 plus
    bikes in Kent that day, but no Spyders. So all you Spyder owers in Connecticut lets hear from ya all, nothing wrong with being social especially if you have that Spyder passion in your soul.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke View Post
    It's been two years this week that I bought my 2009GS, original mileage on the bike was 4,047, I now have over 22,000 miles on this machine, so far no problems. Here's my beef though, in two years of riding in Connecticut I have come across maybe 6-8 other Spyders, that's it. I have visited and talk to the 4-5 or CanAm dealers in Ct and they all say sales have been good, so where the heck are you Spyder riders. This past Sunday I rode to Kent, which is a popular biker hangout, most likely saw about 100 plus
    bikes in Kent that day, but no Spyders. So all you Spyder owers in Connecticut lets hear from ya all, nothing wrong with being social especially if you have that Spyder passion in your soul.
    Smoke, Got my 2014 RTL three weeks ago. I did something to a nerve in my back and can't sit so I'm limited to cleaning and looking at my Spyder daily. I'm on this forum daily so when I'm back in the saddle we can meet.

Gary

Spyder Garage

last time I was out that way I saw 2 rt's. right in the Torrington area on the way home.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M T Pockets View Post
    Smoke, Got my 2014 RTL three weeks ago. I did something to a nerve in my back and can't sit so I'm limited to cleaning and looking at my Spyder daily. I'm on this forum daily so when I'm back in the saddle we can meet.

Gary
    OK Gary, email me when ready
    mike@bLaisandassociates.com

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    last time I was out that way I saw 2 rt's. right in the Torrington area on the way home.
    a rare sighting indeed, lucky you.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We've had a Spyder since 2010 and are out quite a bit. I agree though...you don't see very many of us out there. I was actually shocked last week when we encountered another Spyder Ryder in our town (Newington). I think most of us are out there, we're just so few and far between that an encounter is rare.

Spyder Garage

Last time the wife & I rode up to Kent we saw two Spyders on the way up, and three while we were having a sidewalk lunch in Kent. I didn't know there were that many Spyders in CT!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe they ride at night...

Edgar Winter.jpg
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 07-22-2014 at 09:49 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Try this..!!

go to community...click on members list..then search..then advanced search..in location box enter connecticut...you will get a list of 45 members from spyderlovers. Finding the others should be fun..I know there are more... You can also check ryding groups and clubs on the home page upper left...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I ride through CT quite often, though the east side mainly. I purchased my spyder from Stamford Motorsports in errrr Stamford CT. Ride up the 44 to Vanilla Bean then around that area, I like the Sherlock Holmes Castle out that way. Visit the falls and take the ferry across the Connecticut River then down to Mystic.

To be honest I don't recall ever seeing another Spyder out that way, odd, lots of bikes at Vanilla Bean saw a really nice new Vintage Indian, my likes the new Indian so I try and stay clear of them.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

I knew there were not many of us in CT when I purchase my RT this spring. However, I have seen quite a few lately. Rarely do I ride in CT and NOT see one or two spyders. I am never surprised by seeing a Spyder riding with a Harley. I ride with all 2 wheelers even Harleys and Scooters. "I ain't no snob!"
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LIST

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    go to community...click on members list..then search..then advanced search..in location box enter connecticut...you will get a list of 45 members from spyderlovers. Finding the others should be fun..I know there are more... You can also check ryding groups and clubs on the home page upper left...
    .........Thanks for the info on how to find out the members in your State..................Vermont has 27 Spyderlovers.....Not exactly a mob .......But considering that Conn. has 20 times more people than we do ,,,,,,,,,,,that's a very respectable number,,,,,,,......Mikeguyver................................PS ..New Hampshire has 23 ................Maine has 54 ...OMG ............Massachusetts 17 this is a joke ,right,,,....New York #114 ...WOW ......However I did notice in NY some missing like ...Bob Denman, Artufun, Otter , etc.......and they are Spyderlovers and do live in New York and are listed in the community .....so I don't know how accurate the SEARCH function is ?????????
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-22-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Spyder Garage

Ditto that. Thanks for the info on finding members by state.
    Bill H.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well we all ( Ct. Spyder Riders ) need to rally on any given Sunday, meet up at a small town and show
    our colors, I mean our Canam colors, the more we are on the road riding the more we will be noticed,
    who knows this might be an excellent marketing idea for future Spyder owners.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Last time the wife & I rode up to Kent we saw two Spyders on the way up, and three while we were having a sidewalk lunch in Kent. I didn't know there were that many Spyders in CT!
    there once was a man from kent......oh wrong forum

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Well we all ( Ct. Spyder Riders ) need to rally on any given Sunday, meet up at a small town and show
    our colors, I mean our Canam colors, the more we are on the road riding the more we will be noticed,
    who knows this might be an excellent marketing idea for future Spyder owners.
    sounds like a great idea. if we could find a good central location. we might be able to draw some Mass, and Rhode Island riders too. Maybe even find an existing bike get together to meet at.

Spyder Garage

The man only let's me off on Sundays but I would be in for a group ride. I love to get lost in the northwest part of the state, there are some really great scenic roads up there. I've also heard the Vanilla Bean is a good destination but I have never been there.

And then there is the ride to SpyderQuest ............ I'll be leaving early Thursday morning if anyone would like to join up.

Greg
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

I work in Norwalk.
    I think I may have seen you late one afternoon about 5 or so near the flower shop on rt7.
    I'm thinking of heading to the Vanilla Bean for lunch this Sunday. I haven't been up that way in ages.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

OK for Vanilla Bean

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I work in Norwalk.
    I think I may have seen you late one afternoon about 5 or so near the flower shop on rt7.
    I'm thinking of heading to the Vanilla Bean for lunch this Sunday. I haven't been up that way in ages.
    where is the vanilla bean?

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .........Thanks for the info on how to find out the members in your State..................Vermont has 27 Spyderlovers.....Not exactly a mob .......But considering that Conn. has 20 times more people than we do ,,,,,,,,,,,that's a very respectable number,,,,,,,......Mikeguyver................................PS ..New Hampshire has 23 ................Maine has 54 ...OMG ............Massachusetts 17 this is a joke ,right,,,....New York #114 ...WOW ......However I did notice in NY some missing like ...Bob Denman, Artufun, Otter , etc.......and they are Spyderlovers and do live in New York and are listed in the community .....so I don't know how accurate the SEARCH function is ?????????
    I think the search function works fine, it's us humans that are at fault. Take New Hampshire, some people signed in with New Hampshire as a location while others used NH - so you have to search both to find everybody.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

This is an old thread but it doesn't need to fade away. Let's get it going again. We are from Old Lyme, CT and are willing to ride any where in CT for a meet n greet.
    we are 1st owners of a 2015 RT and I have a lot to learn about these bikes.

Anyone for a meet n greet and a ride?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DanT View Post
    This is an old thread but it doesn't need to fade away. Let's get it going again. We are from Old Lyme, CT and are willing to ride any where in CT for a meet n greet.
    we are 1st owners of a 2015 RT and I have a lot to learn about these bikes.

Anyone for a meet n greet and a ride?
    I'm in Mystic and can easily ride over to Old Lyme. I recently bought a 2013 ST-S and also have a lot to learn!

Spyder Garage

Although I am in NY I am a mile form the CT border by Gaylordsville. The wife and I reide in Western CT all the time We were out last week in Waren, Litchfield, Goshen, Limerock .....Always looking for someone to ride with.

Pineywoods
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Bump Skid
    Ultimate Seat
    Air Horn
    Fuze Block
    LED Marker & Brake lights
    Custom Art Work

Spyder Garage

Would love to meet up with folks. Email. Cell Are listed. Any weekend. We are in the new part of the state or
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come