Spyder Garage

Default Considering a RT-S in Southern California

Hello Spyder Lovers,
    I live in the southern part of Riverside County, Ca and would love advise from those Spyder owners who live in the area. There are several dealers within an hour drive of my home and all are in play for purchase and service. I've searched SL but have been unsuccessful locating anything pro or con about local sales practices of service competences.

Im coming off a motorcycle with dealers everywhere, this provides a degree of security when traveling if you have a problem. As I read the forums, the Can Am Service network is developing, but some service departments are not as "experienced" as others.

If you have any experiences or recommendations for sales, service, parts and overall product knowledge, I would appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks in advance,

Spyder Garage

PM sent
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Way to go Steve!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default Well..!!

I'm bit further south but Bert's Mega Mall is an excellent dealership. For non warranty work you have a great mechanic out your way Lou from Pirate powersports...folks out your way can get more info for you...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Red face Psst hey listen......

Secret.... So Cal . stuff.....

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

PM sent. Agree about Lou. Recommendation: you might want to avoid purchasing a Spyder INSIDE the city limits of San Bernardino.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Can't help with dealer--but looks like you have received good information.

Good luck on the hunt. Let us know how it goes.

Don't forget pictures.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jlbspyder View Post
    Hello Spyder Lovers,
    I live in the southern part of Riverside County, Ca and would love advise from those Spyder owners who live in the area. There are several dealers within an hour drive of my home and all are in play for purchase and service. I've searched SL but have been unsuccessful locating anything pro or con about local sales practices of service competences.

Im coming off a motorcycle with dealers everywhere, this provides a degree of security when traveling if you have a problem. As I read the forums, the Can Am Service network is developing, but some service departments are not as "experienced" as others.

If you have any experiences or recommendations for sales, service, parts and overall product knowledge, I would appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks in advance,
    I can't help about the dealer either, but we SpyderLovers are pretty tight and there's a list on the main page of people who will help if you are not near a dealer.

I can't wait to see a pic of the machine you choose. Good luck.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I want to thank SL's for the input.
    I have a test ride scheduled next week.
    Thanks again, this forum is great.

Spyder Garage

If you get one also check out a local SRA chapter. Lots of fun people and group rides.
    Hope to see you sometime!
    Let us know how you liked the test ride.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black