Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Didn't have trouble getting the Kumho Ecsta AST - got it in one week - Discount Tire

Originally Posted by JLSpyder2012 I have just under 6000 miles on my 2014 RT Limited and that back tire sure looks slick (especially in the middle). I can feel it slipping some times. Therefore, out it goes! I ordered the Kumho Ecsta AST that many of you are going to. I am very happy with Discount Tire as I ordered it last Monday and it's in already -- just a week to get it!

Now, on to the dealer to see how much they nail me for the tire change! Wow, never thought I would need to change a new tire at 6000 miles due to wear!? I even deflated the rear from the 28 PSI spec to 25 PSI hoping to get more wear out at the edges....no luck!

Even with the frustration of a tire wearing out in 6000 miles on a $30K machine....I still think the 2014 RT Limited is an AWESOME machine!

Updated today: 7-22-14

Picked up my Kumho Ecsta AST today...here's a pic -- will have it on the bike within the next 30 days when dealer can get me in
    and works with my rydin' schedule!
    Attached Thumbnails

7-24-14: BTW: Price was $80 plus tax. Paid $85.70 total for this tire at Discount Tire.
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 07-24-2014 at 06:42 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Dealer in Ocala said no way!!

When I asked the service deptartment at Ride Now Powersports in Ocala about replacing my rear tire with an automotive tire,I had to listen to this expert tell me that motorcycle tires are designed to for motorcyles and car tires are for cars and that I would be risking death or worse by putting a car tire on the rear of my 14 Can-Am. After I informed him that rode a very happy 40,000 miles with a car tire on the rear of my VTX1800 he was still not convinced and refused to install a car tire on my Spyder. Since they were paying for it,I told to put another piece of crap Kenda on.I got 8200 miles on the first one. Kenda does make pretty good golf cart tires.

Spyder Garage

Get 'em while you can boys they are the last ones to have them in stock I can find.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sassoman View Post
    When I asked the service deptartment at Ride Now Powersports in Ocala about replacing my rear tire with an automotive tire,I had to listen to this expert tell me that motorcycle tires are designed to for motorcyles and car tires are for cars and that I would be risking death or worse by putting a car tire on the rear of my 14 Can-Am. .
    I would ask them if their opinion is based upon any pertinent facts...
    Then; I'd ask to see where they got the mis-information that they so freely spread...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I would ask them if their opinion is based upon any pertinent facts...
    Then; I'd ask to see where they got the mis-information that they so freely spread...
    Then I would contact CFPS and get a Kumho put on there.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 60 days 4,000 miles

Just turned 4,000 miles when I read this so I went out and looked at my rear tire and could not believe how bad the tread looked. I will be lucky to reach 5,000 and coming from a Gold Wing which I was getting between 10-12,000 per tire I have to say this plus the service of this machine is pretty disappointing. Not sure what is going to cost for a new rear tire but at this rate before I put it up for the winter I will probably have to replace it again.